This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: Blades of Git'riban : Primal State

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

3118 posts / 0 new
Last post
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz stops as Du'minh does and searches for a place to take cover.
OCC: Should i make annother spot check?

hide check is 33 (including +2 from camoflage cloak)

14 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+14, the result is 33.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
OCC: Should i make annother spot check?

[No need.]

Standing revealed before Ar'dru, the ulitharid looks right at him. It realizes that Ar'du can see it. It takes a step forward ... and disappears!

Ar'dru recognizes a dimension door when he sees it. He spins around, half expecting it to have just gone past him into the maze of The Tunnels. What he sees instead, d-dooring in a couple of seconds later, is Jank'kor carrying a black-and-purple mass of carmelized illithid flesh by one charred tenticle.

---

Du'minh and Daraz run down the alley. Daraz can see a trail of little purplish spots of illithid blood on the cobbles. As they reach the side-alley, Daraz notices that the trail of blood leads straight ahead.

Du'minh slows and stops at the side alley, catching his breath. As Daraz comes up behind him, he pauses... he's not 100% certain, but he thought he heard a noise down the side-alley, despite the direction the blood trail is leading them.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

As he briefly reviews the tactical layout of his environment, Du’minh slides more into his old self and starts planning means of engagement as if the chain of command was firmly established, just like in the old days among his warband. While he and Daraz share what they have discovered, Du'minh indulges him in his plan.

“We don’t have much time, soldier, if we are to catch our prey still. This passage opens up into a dead-end courtyard only a little further down, but both the duthka’gith and the chal seems to be ahead of us, and had either found the ulitharid in the lot I think we would have heard sounds of battle from it. Unless they are already dead, of course. Giving them the benefit of doubt, I suggest we take the side-alley and investigate those sounds you heard. That thing seems faster than me despite it being grievously wounded, so I will shift between the pockets of space to go ahead of the sound and run back towards it – you seem fleet of foot and will run from here and we catch it in the middle. Regardless of the outcome, we’ll eventually meet up and take it from there... Deal?”

Du’minh adds the last word tentatively, as he reminds himself that these coincidental comrades in arms are unlikely to have been loyal agents of the empire like himself, but rag-tag outcasts who are traitors to their Queen.
Hopefully, he reminds himself, they’re still warriors who retain some sense of duty and honour. I will have to take the chance.

The imminence of the situation pushes on, and Du’minh decides to hesitate no longer, acting instead of waiting for a reply.

“Move out, soldier, I’ll see you with a dead enslaver between us.”

He slips through space and time to appear further down the sidealley, about 150 ft beyond where the sound was heard, and quickly scans his surroundings.

OOC: Dimension door down the side-alley, at least 150 ft ahead of the sounds we heard from it. Checking surroundings with the aid of Auravision, before running back down the passage towards the sounds.

0 Bonus for Spot to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 14.
0 Bonus for Listen to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 9.
1 Bonus for Search to do
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 20.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Noting the absence of the ulitharid, Jhank'kor eyes the duthka’gith's battle stance questioningly. What in Vlaakith's name is he glaring at...

The chal brushes his free hand over the rim of his cowl to ensure its pulled low before addressing the looming half-dragon. "Well, did you find the beast?"

OOC: Another listen check: 20 (nat twenty. woot!)

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"umm...deal. I suppouse." mutters Daraz to himself, complying with Du'minh's instructions and running down the street, sword drawn.

ooc: prepared charge attack if there's an enemy and if by some fluke the street's straight enough. Also making a listen check to see whether or not Du'minh has found anything and if so what.

initiative: 14
listen: 24

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 14.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 24.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[DMing: Du'minh must make a DC 20 Will check next round in addition to your S, L, & S rolls]

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Layout of the area is as follows:

The alley the ulitharid initially fled up leads to The Tunnels. The courtyard here is the last fully above ground landmark. After the archway the 'alley' continues by itself through half a dozen underground rooms and hallways before branching off in 3 directions from another courtyard a couple of hundred feet away from this one.

The side-alley that branched off before the courtyard leads back to Gith Lane. The alley has several doors and balconies along its length, but there is only one more branch, an open doorway that leads into The Tunnels (and actually loops back around to that 3-way courtyard). Further on ahead, the main 'alley' is actually routed through a couple of ruined buildings, then into a series of adjoining cellers, and finally back out onto Gith Lane.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 13.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 16.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
OOC: D. Door inside the mouth of the archway/bottom of the stairway to the Tunnels (whichever places him in darkness), begins spot, listen and search checks.

Spot: 19
Listen: 1 ("The blood in your ears makes the world sound like a seashell" Laughing out loud)
Search: 17 (Signs of the Ulitharid)

Jan'kor saw no sign of of ulilitharid, but Ar'dru was definately focused on something, before his shoulders and wings drooped in disapointment.

A serch of the stairs shows up no sign of illithid blood. Yet he clearly DID see a trail of little purplish dots trailing down the alleyway behind.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Spot: 10
Listen: 15
Search: 15
Will save: 9 (11 if it's a spell or spell-like ability). Uh-oh.

OOC: Uhm, Du'minh yells out if it's not too late...

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 9.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Frustrated by this wasted effort, the gith shifts back through space to the side alley to renew the hunt...

OOC: D.Door again to the open doorway that leads to the tunnels further up the side-alley.

Search: 5 (actually 6)
Spot: 10
Listen: 3

3 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 5.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 3.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
OOC: D.Door again into the side alley, on a roof/balcony within the middle region.
[DMing: You know the area well enough to D-door to a recognizable landmark, but not just any old balcony. So, you can d-door to the 3-way courtyard further in to the tunnels, or to the open doorway that leads to the tunnels further up the side-alley, but not to a balcony, at least not with only one jump.]

Still waiting to hear from Azriael

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru lets out a growl of disappointment "Cowardly thing teleported away. I'll let you know if I find it but I expect the same courtesy hunter."

With that Ar'dru leaps into the air again, flying up above the buildings so he can search for any signs of activity in the alleyways.

[ooc- sorry about the wait]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du'minh folds himself between the spaces and steps out in front of the open doorway to the tunnels. He quickly searches around for any sign of illithid blood, but finds none. He moves up the alleyway. Still no sign of passage. He passes under a pair of balconies, then past a few doorways, before coming to a pair of doors set into a wide archway where the alley takes a sharp turn.

Less than a dozen feet later, Du'minh sees a few little purple-black splatters on the ground. Excited, he strides forward, looking around in every direction for his foe. He quickly comes to a point where there is a partial hand-print on the wall, about eight feet up, and the little splaters are closer together. No illithid blood can be seen beyond this point.

___

Ar'dru takes to the air again. He clears the roofs of the buildings and searches the courtyards and alleyways for any sign of movement. He quickly catches sight of the warrior with the two-handed flail, moving down the alley back towards him.

___

Daraz moves with hunter's speed down the alley, but sees no sign of his prey.

___

Jank'kor steps between the spaces to emerge at the yawning archway to The Tunnels down the side-alley. He steps into the shadow of the archway. Beyond the threshold, the 'alley' continues down a short hallway wih a pair of doors before plunging down a flight of steps. Jank'kor knows from his own travels around The Tunnels that this passage leads straight to the 3-way courtyard with only one side-tunnel inbetween, which leads nowhere except deeper into Undersigil.


[DMing : Ar'dru needs to make another will save, this time DC17 because he already resisted once. Jank'kor must make a will save at DC20.]

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[will save]

8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 9.
__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[Ouch. Sorry, Az. As you may have guessed, you do NOT see a ulitharid. You will, however, be able to see Du'minh's actions.]

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[ooc- yeah, the trouble with being Githyanki is that you've got no gods to curse :x ]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Will Save: 18

Dratz...unless you allow him to activate the Githborn Talisman (an immediate action), giving him a +4--or 22 total.

Spot: 9
Listen: 12
Search: 8

6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 18.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 9.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 8.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh keeps his senses sharpened, looking high and low along the more heavily blood-stained point. He looks in particular to see if any nearby entrances show signs of passage, as well as glancing up above the concentrated region of blood splatters to discern if there are any hints of a flying or levitating creature hovering around the locale and attempting to remain unseen.

As he catches sight of Ar’dru gliding into view high in the air, he gestures to catch his attention. Du’minh points two fingers at his own eyes, then points them at the blood splatters to relay his findings silently to the duthka’gith.

OOC: Skill checks below.

0 Bonus for Spot to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 3.
0 Bonus for Listen to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 6.
1 Bonus for Search to do
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 7.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[Du'minh sees no sign of the ulitharid other than the trail of blood. However he does notice that the trail leads off in the direction he just came. If he backtracks even a dozen feet back to the wide archway with the double doors, he notices that there are purple spots of blood where there where not any before, when he came down the alley only a few seconds ago. Specificly, he knows there was not any blood on the stoop of the double doors before, but now a fairly large (palm-sized) pool lies there, as if the bleeding ulitharid stopped there for a few seconds before continuing down the alley.

BTW, I'm sure you, as players, have all figured out what is going on. Ar'dru has certainly figured it out, and Du'minh could now realize that somehow, the ulitharid slipped past him without being seen. (In fact, it stood to the side in the wide archway as Du'minh stalked past.)

Quote:
OOC: Will Save: 18

Dratz...unless you allow him to activate the Githborn Talisman (an immediate action), giving him a +4--or 22 total.

Well... the talisman is not a charged item right? If there is no disadvantage to using it, why wouldn't Jank'kor activate it as second-nature anyway, seeing as how he's TRYING to engage a mind flayer? So... sure! He can activate his talisman, why not?

So, question: Where is Jank'kor? Is he in the open archway, in the hallway beyond, in the alley, or is he going to try to get up on a balcony after all? He has only 1 more d-door to use today, and the only place with enough darkness for his robe to be effective is at the bottom of the stairs at the end of the hallway.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh curses under his breath when he realizes that the ulitharid must have slipped past him somehow, despite his vigilance. Knowing the nature of the ancient foes, some sort of mind trick is likely being played on him it seems, probably one brought about by psionics rather than magic, to have remained hidden from his senses.
Looking up at Ar’dru to draw his attention to him, Du’minh taps his temple, hoping the half-dragon will catch his drift that some mental foul play is going on. He also glances over his back to see if Daraz has caught up with them yet, and takes a moment to look for the whereabouts of Jhank'kor, before following up on what he has discovered.

As Du’minh cautiously tracks the new signs of blood back to the double doors, he tries to brace himself for a potential ambush by an unseen foe. He keeps to the side of the alley as he moves, ready to dive for cover behind a pillar, crate or other source of cover along his way, in case an assailant suddenly reveals himself and unleashes some sort of foul power at him.

Show yourself, cowardly beast. I will not be denied.

OOC: Yeah, out of game I have a pretty good idea at what’s going on, but I try to avoid metagaming – thus, the notion of Du’minh also looking for potential invisible flyers, for instance (which could definitely have been the case, too).
Skill checks below.

0 Bonus for Spot to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
0 Bonus for Listen to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
1 Bonus for Search to do
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 15.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Gotcha.

Sorta lost, but I figure's in the open archway and about to head for the stairs. Are the doors inbetween the hall and the stairs locked?

IC:

Scanning the area around him, Jhank'kor turns and lopes toward the stairway, hoping to either cut the Ulitharid off or catch sign of the fell beast inside the route to UnderSigil...

Time to knot this noose...

The Chal hoists the puffy illithid head high enough to glance into its eyes.

...and let your abomination of a brother choke on its own refuse.

OOC: I'm going to ready an action for when the ulitharid appears in sight.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Are the doors inbetween the hall and the stairs locked?
They are private residences, so yes, locked and possibly trapped.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

ooc: Azure, would i have reached the others yet or am i still running like some crazed fool.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
ooc: Azure, would i have reached the others yet or am i still running like some crazed fool.
Yes, of course. How silly of me not to have included Daraz in the last couple of posts. Sorry, if sorries are in order.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

ooc: forgeting me is what you're suppoused to do. My job is to hide and pray a squiddie dosen't see and grapple me.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru swoops in for a better look at what Du'minh has been pointing at. If possible he lands about 50' ahead of the other gith and performs a scan of the area for any signs of the Ulitharid (he lands closer if necessary).

Regulating his breathing he once again allows himself to surround his thoughts with a silvery calm in order to aid in the search.

Search (1d20+6=21)
Spot (1d20+6=16)
Listen (1d20+6=22)
Will Check (1d20+10=12)

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jank'kor sets up his ambush in a dark alcove beside the stairs. He activates his talisman in readiness. Suddenly and without warning, a darker shadow falls upon the stairs. The form is too great to be a gith, but the only detail Jank'kor sees are a triad of pale lights, stooping down to fit under the archway at the top of the stairs. As the massive shadow sweeps down the stairs, the topmost of the lights looks right at him. Jank'kor instantly knows that he has been spotted, dispite his cloak, and not just spotted. Jank'kor *knows* that the ulitharid sees him, all of him, including the scar...

----

Ard'ru lands just a head of Du'minh. He sees the trail of illithid blood snaking down the alley. Daraz catches up to Du'minh. He saw the markings where the ulitharid must have teleported in, lened on the wall for a moment, then went down the alley. How it got past Du'minh was a mystery. The trail of little pea-sized purple-black spots led them onward, until they reached the open doorway. Ar'dru, being in front, sees the trail turn and lead into the hallway.

----

[DMing: It will take one round for the pursuers to move down the hallway and to the top of the stairs, so Jan'kor and the Ulitharid are alone for the first round. The corridor is only 5' wide, so only one warrior can directly engage from a particular direction. It widens out in at the bottom of the stairs, however, so assuming a fight is going on there, the second and third guys on the stairs can d-door down if they want. They won't be able to do anything else that round, but they will at least be there to engage on round #3. I'll assume from here on in through The Tunnels, two fighters can stand and engage side by side.]

6 Bonus for initiative to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 10.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Initiative: 21

IC:

Terror threatens to choke the gith; he had only felt so stripped of concealment once before...and he would never feel that way again. The crust falls away from something within his heart, pouring cured hatred through his veins. Suddenly, the fear sweeps from his mind into the chal's palm. The warlock steps closer, and screams. "Ghaik'htak!" ("Die Illithid!")

Hoisting the decapitated head with one arm, Jhank'kor extends the other hand, curling his index and middle fingers in the "come here" gesture. From the back of the 'flayers subconscience an image unbidden to the aberration leaps into existence. Something it has never wanted to see in the dark of any tunnel...a terror from its worst dreams.

OOC: Cast Phantasmal Killer
Will save vs. DC 20(neg)
If failed, Fort save vs. DC 20(part.)
Failed: dies
Saves: takes 3d6+11+2d6: 32 tot dmg

3 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 21.
11 Bonus for War.Edge+talism to do
I rolled 3d6+11, the result is 26.
0 Bonus for bane to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 6.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jank'kor uses his arcane formulae to conjure the ulitharid's ghreatest fear. From down the corridor emerges a great worm nearly the size of a dragon. four long tenticles lash the walls and floor as the great beast slithers forward...

The ulitharid pays it no mind. Instead, it charges forward straight at Jank'kor. The nine-foot monstrosity bowls right into him, knoking him aside. A stabbing pain made of distain shoots into Jank'kor's head when the ulitharid's telepathy touches his mind, *Feeble Thrall!*

[DMing: Jank'kor does get an attack of opportunity as the ulitharid trips him. Ar'dru, Du'minh and Daraz will reach the bottom of the stairs just as Jank'kor is picking himself up off the ground.]

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 16.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: don't know what a mage's fist is going to do Laughing out loud...but I have another idear... >;)

IC: Sucking his guts and air back in, Jhank'kor parries to the right. "Not nearly as feeble as the blubber you'll be." The chal launches the carcass into the Ulitharid's face for added effect.

OOC: attack of opportunity Hit AC 21

7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 21.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jank'kor smacks the ulitharid with the charred illithid head as it bowls into him. In his mind he feels it's revulsion and rage. In fact, instead of continuing it's flight, the ulitharid turns back around towards the prone form of Jank'kor with an angry hiss.

[DMing: Jank'kor must make a move-equiv action to get back up, but at this point Ar'dru is sweeping down the stairs. Ar'dru needs to make a will save (DC18) to see the ulitharid, and roll initiative. If Du'minh and/or Daraz d-door to the bottom of the stairs they must make will saves as well. Otherwise they won't be coming down the stairs until next round.]

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh hefts the chain of his flail in anticipation, as the trio is greeted by the sounds of arcane incantations and grunts of pain on their way down the stairs.
Recalling that the corridor extending from the bottom of the stairs is too narrow for such a large beast to slip past him again, he decides to jump past the folds of space to arrive 40 ft ahead of the noises.

“The ghaik will not escape me again!”

Upon his arrival, Du’minh gives a puzzled look at the sprawled form of Jhank’kor back near the stairs, but with the previous experience clear in his mind, he concentrates on casting off any mental trickery that may be at work.

Will save result: 20

As the towering ulitharid is revealed, Du’minh lets the flailhead scrape against the ground to draw the aberration’s attention. He sends it a grin and begins swirling his bonded weapon, creating a distorting visual effect with the concealing amorpha that envelopes him.

"Like I said, istik. I will not be denied."

OOC: Approximately how badly wounded are the ulitharid by now?

5 Bonus for Will save to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 20.
4 Bonus for Initiative to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 8.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

daraz draws his crossbow and finds cover near the base of the stairs (within 30' feet if possible)

ooc: d-door with what d-door? this is going to be really awkward if everyone else decides to d-door somewhere.

initiative is 19

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 19.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Wei, I think you're also entitled to a Will save (correct me if I'm wrong, Azure).

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz cannot get into position this round, but he'll be in the mix for round 3. Waiting to hear from Az, as Ar'dru is able to charge down the stairs this round. Jank'kor has to spend this round getting back to his feet (well, if that's what he wants to do). Du'minh can attack next round.

Quote:
Will save result: 20

OOC: Approximately how badly wounded are the ulitharid by now?

Du'minh focuses his mind, and when he opens his eyes, he at first sees only darkness. Bobbing near the cieling are three pale glowing lights in a triangle. Du'minh sees that each has a magical aura. He focuses on them, and the rest of the ulitharid comes into view.

There is a large burn mark on the right side of it's head. Blood soaks the right sleeve of its regal silk cloak, dripping little purple spots on the floor.

[The ulitharid has been wounded twice. Both were big energy effects that caused considerable damage each in its own right, but that is all Du'minh can tell.]

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru lunges down the stairway towards the sounds of battle.
will save (1d20+10=28)

As he spots the towering abberation menacing his fallen kinsman crimson flames consume Ar'dru's silvery void of calm and with a bellow of previously thwarted rage he lashes out with his blade, striking from shoulder to hip before thrusting with the tip towards the creatures throat.

initative (1d20+1=20)
[ooc- I assume I can't charge because of the stairs]
Power attackAttack (1d20+12=27) Damage (1d10+23=32)

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

With the arrival of the others, relief swirls through the chal's heart. Glad to have some aid... Jhank'kor repositions himself to take advantage of being prone, allowing for others to attack over him.

A smirk slids into place as he tones. "Why don't you wash down that cranium...with some acid!"

A prick of emerald erupts into a gyrating sphere before the ball leaps toward the giant maw looming above...

OOC: Should be able to cast a spell, right?

If so...Orb of Acid(lesser): touch AC 13
Dmg: 33acid+5=38total

7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 13.
7 Bonus for War.Edge to do
I rolled 4d8+7, the result is 33.
0 Bonus for Bane to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 5.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The ulitharid, seeing the onrushing form of the Duthka'gith, tuns and flees again. Before it does, however, a long tentilcle lashes out and just lightly touches the scar on Jank'kor's brow. Suddenly the warlock's body is wracked with pain. Every single nerve fiber feels like is aflame. The effect is so excrusiating that Jank'kor unwillingly cries out. The pain does not subside as the ulitharid flees, however.

[The ulitharid has activated the "hurt thrall alot" feature of Jank'kor's mark. Untill deactivated, Jank'kor will be in a LOT of pain. The game effect of this is that every roll you try to make will have a -3 curcumstance modifier, and you need to pass a concentration check (DC17 but including that -3 mod) to cast a spell, including the one you just tried. Jank'kor himself does not know how to deactivate the mark, but will be able function at reduced capacity by "toughing it out" until he figures it out. The pain is so great, however that Jank'kor really can't conciel the fact that he's hurting.]

As the ulitharid turns to flee, Ar'dru stabs it with his greatsword. Dark purple blood runs down the blade. The ulitharid runs stooped over due to the low ceiling of the tunnel, using its two six-foot tenticles to help it from stumbling forward.

[The ulitharid is not stupid, it knows that a single round facing these cutters would be the end of it (and I've a couple of other 'encounters' planned for the chase). So now the pursuit is really on. Du'minh and Ar'dru can both see the ulitharid, and are so close behind it that they'll be able to attack the same round that the monster meets a check, like Trias' character who's waiting at the portal the thing is trying to reach.]

11 Bonus for Touch Attack to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 30.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Guess I better be glad for all those ranks in Concentrate. lol.
Do I get to try sending that spell off? Con. 25 just in case...

Edit: Didn't my initiative come before the 'lithids, allowing the spell to send off? Could be wrong; just wanting to stay coherent of the order of things

"Son of a ghaik!"

Jhank'kor's voice screeches then drops into a string of mumbled curses. Every ounce of his sinews raging with pain, the warlock props himself against the tunnel wall and crawls upright. Once he gets the blackening world to drift back into focus, he lurches after the hulking beast.

I...will return the favor...soon, you freak.

10 Bonus for Concentration+p to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 25.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Not to get in the way of the fine plot and Trias' introduction, but haven't Du'minh cut it off from fleeing? (such was my intention)

If the ulitharid took a standard action to assault Jhank'kor and a move action to get away on it's turn (30 ft, right?), don't I pop out about 10 ft ahead of it?

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

...

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru, his blood heated from his first attack, leaps after the fleeing giant, blade raised for another swipe.

"Anyone have a tanglefoot bag?" he shouts as he pursues.

[ooc - Ar'dru will pursue as fast as he can until he gets another chance to take a swing at the Ulitharid. Btw- Targets hit by a Sliver sword need to make a DC 17 fort save or lose their psionic powers for 1d4 rounds. Wasn't sure if you rolled]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
[Hmmm. Well, lets compromise. Du'minh isn't blocking the ulitharid but gets an attack of opportunity as it runs by, 'K?]
OOC: Seems like a bit of waste of D. Door, but alright, the plot must go on. I guess we could say Du'minh misinterpreted/-remembered locations and arrived just behind it? Or perhaps this section of the corridor has lately been widened due to the shifting nature of Sigil or something?

IC: When the ulitharid dashes past him Du'minh swings low, aiming to wrap his chain around its legs and introducing its tentacled face to the ground.

17 Bonus for Touch attack, t to do
I rolled 1d20+17, the result is 27.
5 Bonus for Strength check to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 18.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
OOC: Seems like a bit of waste of D. Door, but alright, the plot must go on. I guess we could say Du'minh misinterpreted/-remembered locations and arrived just behind it? Or perhaps this section of the corridor has lately been widened due to the shifting nature of Sigil or something?


Ick. I'm not in love with my plot so much as to bend rules in my favor or do any real obvious dei ex machina. Du'minh is 10' in front of the ulitharid, but this portion of The Tunnels starts in a fairly wide, but low-roofed celler. The ulitharid had to knock Jank'kor down to get by him at the base of the stairs, but can easily do a run around Du'minh.

I often, however, keep mods to myself when I roll. Every DM needs a screen. Eye-wink

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 9.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 8.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 18.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Before things go way past reclaimation...

'Benyamin' wrote:
OOC: Guess I better be glad for all those ranks in Concentrate. lol. Do I get to try sending that spell off? Con. 25 just in case...

Edit: Didn't my initiative come before the 'lithids, allowing the spell to send off? Could be wrong; just wanting to stay coherent of the order of things

...I was wondering what you ruled on this, Azure?

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Damn. too slow. This one'll be dead or gone by the time I get to it. Thinks Daraz. A pity that

OOC: If the body isn't completely destroyed by the time i reach it what are tha chances I'd be able to recognize this ultratharid?

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Benyamin wrote: OOC: Guess I better be glad for all those ranks in Concentrate. lol. Do I get to try sending that spell off? Con. 25 just in case...

Edit: Didn't my initiative come before allowing the spell to send off? Could be wrong; just wanting to stay coherent of the order of things

I haven't forgotten anyone. Jank'kor has managed to get his spell off. Daraz can see the rest and can fire his x-bow at the fleeing ulitharid. The ulitherid isn't (quite) down yet. I can't reveal hp totals, but I will say (since ye are all experienced warriors who can judge wounds) the ulitharid is under 25% right now.

Sorry Ben, I confused your initiative roll with Dun's. The ghaik flicks his tentilcle at you after the spell goes off.

oh, and wei, you have to will save at DC20 to see the ulitharid (yes, still.)

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Layout:

The cellar is a wide space, with two rows of brick columns. The exit on the other side connects to another smaller celler with two exits, one leading back toward Swan's Way, the other leading deeper into undersigil.

For round 3:

Du'minh's initiative wasn't high enough to attack before the ulitharid gets around him (trip attack didn't work, mostly due to the size modifier) but he gets another AOO as the ulitharid leaves his threatened area. The others are close behind. Daraz can shoot at the ulitharid as it crosses the celler. Ar'dru can use any ranged weapons he has as well. Jan'kor is still on the ground, writhing in pain from time to time.

The ulitharid is running for the exit at the other end of the celler. Notice that it does not turn and try to mind blast 3 or 4 heroes as soon as they are in a cone, and yet everyone must still make will saves whenever they loose sight of it. Githyanki can d-door in front of it, but must make will saves (18 for anyone who has resisted already) because you'll lose sight of it momentarily.

Trias, good time to come in is round 5, that is the round that the ulitharid will enter the 'fork' cellar (if he gets there, which I'm not giving odds on lol). Your character can be in that cellar.

So round 3: crossing this room

Round 4: finish crossing, and exit this room.

Round 5: Fork Celler.

'K?

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Weishan wrote

Quote:
OOC: If the body isn't completely destroyed by the time i reach it what are tha chances I'd be able to recognize this ultratharid?

According to Daraz's (and Du'minh's for that matter) intel, there are 3 ulitharid that run Illithid House; Knowledge, Sight, and Will. Knowledge was assassinated two nights ago. Those that can see the ulitharid will easily notice that it has crystal orbs in place of eyes and a third one in its forehead.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Gotcha. Lets see how I can reduce those odds...

Clutching to wall, Jhank'kor shivers through the torment. The chal blinks past the crimson and onyx motes swimming in his eyes while attempting to close off the desire to purge. Frustration channels into rage, seething in a desire for release. Release... One hand gripping the throat of his cowl, Jhank'kor snaps the other hand in a flicking gesture. A ruby marble rushes through the crew, aiming for the column closest to the door...

And the fleeing Ulitharid.

Fireball, aimed to put Ulitharid within spread, but no PCs--whether the bead must hit in the doorframe, column, etc...
Refl vs. 19 (half)
AC: 23 to avoid others
Dmg: 43fire +6bane=49tot
Concentrate: 29

Edit: ignore 8d20 below. lol

7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 26.
I rolled 8d20+7, the result is 63.
I rolled 8d6+7, the result is 43.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 6.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 29.
Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.