This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: Blades of Git'riban : Primal State

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

3118 posts / 0 new
Last post
Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[ooc- Is squiddy within charge distance? Can I reach and attack it this turn? I'll use my wings if I'm able if it'll help and will happily take a fireball in the back so long as it hits the ulitharid too]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

I would revel in my fire immunity if I had it...once knew of a magma genasi who surfed down an erupting volcano--which was totally rawkin and impromptu. Eye-wink

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
Du'minh's initiative wasn't high enough to attack before the ulitharid gets around him (trip attack didn't work, mostly due to the size modifier) but he gets another AOO as the ulitharid leaves his threatened area.
OOC: Allright, but this only happens during the illithid's turn on round 3, right? Guess I'll wait and see if it's still standing after Jhank'kor, Ar'dru, and Daraz are done with it earlier this round, then. Eye-wink

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
[ooc- Is squiddy within charge distance? Can I reach and attack it this turn? I'll use my wings if I'm able if it'll help and will happily take a fireball in the back so long as it hits the ulitharid too]
The ulitharid is running (4x move), so you can do the same to try and keep up with it, but not attack. Unless I hear different I'll assume Ar'dru does just this.

Quote:
Azure wrote: Du'minh's initiative wasn't high enough to attack before the ulitharid gets around him (trip attack didn't work, mostly due to the size modifier) but he gets another AOO as the ulitharid leaves his threatened area.

OOC: Allright, but this only happens during the illithid's turn on round 3, right? Guess I'll wait and see if it's still standing after Jhank'kor, Ar'dru, and Daraz are done with it earlier this round, then. Eye-wink



After re-reading the rules on trip attacks, I realized that, since you failed to trip your opponent, your opponent has an opportunity to trip you. You'll need to beat the roll below, using dex or str modifier, whichever is higher. If you fail, the large-size critter knocked Du'minh on his arse, but if you pass, you'll get that AOO. Edit : Hah, a nine! Beat that with a wiffleball bat! Sticking out tongue

Quote:

Fireball, aimed to put Ulitharid within spread, but no PCs--whether the bead must hit in the doorframe, column, etc...


Fireballs in enclosed spaces Smiling This is why geometry required study for every magicians apprentice.

Seriously though, the space here is wide and long enough to not be a problem for anyone except the ulitharid (maybe).

Quote:

Guess I'll wait and see if it's still standing after Jhank'kor, Ar'dru, and Daraz are done with it earlier this round, then.


Well...I sort of need you to declare whether you'll be running after ulitharid, using a missile weapon and moving after it, or whatever else you want to do. Your decision will possibly make a big difference in how the round goes. BTW Du'minh recognizes the sound of a fireball spell being cast...

Daraz also has a shot at the ulitharid's backside, if he wants to take it. The ulitharid has 1/4 cover due to the pillars (10% miss chance)

Trias, if you are still in, your character WILL hear the fireball go off.

7 Bonus for Trip to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 9.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Fireballs in enclosed spaces Smiling This is why geometry required study for every magicians apprentice.

You're most certainly right! Jhank'kor is writing his thesis on "Radial energy and its fallout effect on Squidies" Sticking out tongue

Quote:
Trias, if you are still in, your character WILL hear the fireball go off.

Just the thing I wanted to hear. Smiling

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Stage 1: The Warrior Wields the Sword in his hand --- The sword is his best, and sometimes only, friend. The sword can be trusted. The sword is a deadly weapon.

Stage 2: No longer is the Sword held, but becomes a natural extension of the Warrior's body---The Warrior is one with the Sword.

Stage 3: The Sword disappears altogether ---The Warrior realizes that he HIMSELF is the deadly weapon, and not the Sword.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Rey'arteb (OOC: what does that spell backwards...Mwahahahahha!!) was at the Third Stage, though he oft reverted back to the Second. He waited at the fork in the corridor; listening , squinting to see if he spotted the mind flayer that he knows will come this way. He gets into position, ready to strike, and calls forth the incantation for a spell in his mind, but he does not recite it... yet.

OOC:

Will save to see mind flayer - 32 (in OOC thread)
Hide - 18
Spot - 20

As soon as Rey spots the mind flayer, he will cast "Inflict Serious Wounds" and attempt to make a touch attack (unarmed strike) from the shadows.

If the mind flayer is dead, or for some reason doesn't reach Rey in 5 combat rounds, he will walk towards the opening, back towards Sigil.

17 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+17, the result is 18.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 20.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

So I gather his brother is Saduj...I think I met him in a garden once. Sticking out tongue

Lol! Just messin...like the name Eye-wink

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Am I within 30 feet of the squiddie?
if so then Daraz will make a sneak attack attack on the Ilthilid's back and then try to close to melee distance if possible.

attack roll: 25
d10 for concealment: 1
damage: 7
sneak attack: 16

11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 25.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d10+0, the result is 1.
I rolled 1d8+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 3d6+0, the result is 16.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Sorry for the delay guys, I'm handing in my thesis in about 36 hours so I've been busy beyond belief and getting about 3-4 h sleep per day for the last week or so...

Azure, I also just recalled, while the ulitharid may provoke twice, Du'minh only gets one AoO per round (no combat reflexes).

Check to resist being tripped: another natural one. (that settles it, he's cursed!)

On his turn, Du'minh will get up and throw a tanglefoot bag if the beast is still alive and fleeing.

5 Bonus for Str check, resi to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 6.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson


If I'm unable to get on this weekend, Jhank'kor will either follow the fireball up with Ray of Frost (if the squiddie is on its last tentacle: 1d3+7+2d6) or Scorching Ray (for a hard kicking squiddie: 4d6+2d6+7 [each; two rays])--on his init. o'course Eye-wink

Hope to invite y'all over to the hovel, so we can throw the remains on the barby and sip on distilled aboleth juice. Laughing out loud

Actually, the chal will definitely want a sizeable portion--if not all--of the body. Smiling

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du'minh tries to block the ulitharid's escape, but the large-sized ghaik knocks him down and takes off across the celler.

Jank'kor fires his spell and a crimson bead streaks through the pillars, to impact with a great flash of eldrich flame upon the last pillar before the door. The ulitharid, who, stooped over, had been using its long tenticles to help it run, leaps aside, catching the fringe of the effect. It lets out a screech of pain that rends the ears, and a sickening smell of burnt illithid mucus clashes with brick dust in the air. Ar'dru, heedless of the flames, charges after the ulitharid.

Daraz, standing on the second to last stair, shifts his aim to take advantage of the ulitharid's new route, and sinks a crossbow bolt into the monster's back. The ulitharid stumbles, then pitches forward. It crashes into a pillar, cluching at it in a vain attempt to struggle back to it's feet.

Blood soaks the ulitharid's robes, and the tip of Daraz's bolt portrudes from the creature's chest. It cluches at the pillar, and faces the gith. Suddenly, their minds fill with the ulitharid's hatred. It is spiced, perhaps, with a pinch or two of fear, but it is seething hatred and desire to harm that are the ulitharid's last emotions before it falls over.

[Ar'dru, when he reaches the ulitharid, will see that it is in fact, still alive, but down for the count and bleeding heavily (-2 hp, it will take a full 8 rounds to die, and may even be saved with prompt medical attention (heh))

Rey'ateb: You hear shouts and see a red flash coming from the large celler, and steathily move to investigate, peeking through the archway, you see four githyanki and a ulitharid. The ulitharid collapses just as the half-dragon with a silver sword reaches it. They are very near the archway you are now hiding in. One githyanki with a heavy flail is about half way across the celler and walking towards you. The other two githyanki are at the other end of the celler, one helping the other to his feet.

Everybody else, make a DC18 (his hide roll) spot roll to see Rey'ateb.]

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d100+0, the result is 69.
I rolled 1d100+0, the result is 42.
6 Bonus for Reflex Save to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 24.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

A gith steps out of the shadows and into the clearing where the dying ulitharid lies. His robes are unremarkable, nondescript and tan, and they hang off his tall and slender body, almost entirely covering his dull gray mixed with yellow complexion. He has a very faint goatee running in a thin line from the center of his bottom lip to the bottom of his chin. The dark brown eyes and short black hair don’t aren’t as attention-grabbing as his angular features. A black belt, black boots, and a black backpack complete the outfit. Attached to his back, pointing downwards is a very long sword – ready to be drawn, should the need arise.

He opens his mouth and lets out his husky, yet even voice.
Do you plan on questioning it, or should I finish the job you started?

He voices...to no one in particular, the entire time staring intently at the ulitharid.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz runs to catch up to the rest of the group and stops about ten feet from the ultratharid. He loads his crossbow and points it at the ultratharid's head. (Prepared sneak attack if it somehow tries to get up or has contingencies of some sort)
It would be best if it is possible that we killed it and then questioned it. I would like to know at least who we've killed and what they were doing. It's probably unwise to stay here for long in case others come.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Blood boiling within, the warlock stumbles to the pillar, heedless of the slick fluid soaking his robes. I would rather...see him dead. Y-yet..I would like it to amend its error before it follows its friend over there.

Jhank'kor glares at the aberration, knowing it alone understands what "error" he means.

Electricity jumps over his hand to reinforce his statements.

OOC: Cast Shocking Grasp; holding the charge

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru wrenches the creatures head forward and plunges his blade through the base of it's spine before rapidly snapping his wrist from side to side, severing the head intact. (coup de grace - my strength bonus is enough to kill him outright)

"Well fought my cousins" he states to the surrounding gith as he holds the dripping head high. "The strength of our shared blood shines clearly through your actions."

With a slight frown he gestures to Jhank'kor "Although I am disappointed at the weakness you show by seeking this ghaik's aid. There is always another way."

Ardru then turns his attention to the newcomer, "I am the Saekk-th’Vikch known as Ar'dru Cha-rir and I would respectfully ask that you do not qusetion our resolve when you have not yet drawn blood. Besides I see no reason why we cannot still question the creature."

(ooc- sorry Benyamin, Ar'dru has some fairly strong view on that sort of thing. btw Saekk-th’Vikch roughly translates as Hollowed life.)

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh leans over the fallen ulitharid and spits on it, his rage finally subsiding a little. Eventually, he turns his attention fully to his fellow giths beside him.

Simply being residents here makes it likely that most of them are honourless deserters… But the mission comes first, they have proven themselves in battle, and unusual times may require unusual allies…

“I commend you all on your aid and abilities. This truly was a grand hunt, one which was successful due to the contribution of all our efforts. While proper introductions may be in order, I have little patience for pleasantries, so I’m going to give it to you straight:
I am Du’minh of the Rish-i Chal, and I don’t know what’s going on here but I intend to find out. First things first, however. Instead of lingering on victory, I say we collect our rightful spoils of war here and back at the Heart of the Void.
For those who wish to… stick around… I suggest we get a brief survey of things from there, and exchange what information you may wish to share.”

While waiting to see how his offer is received, Du’minh crouches over the battered corpse and pulls out his ceremonial blade, a silvered hilt-less dagger with a handle wrapped in cured illithid hide. He picks up the decapitated ulitharid and cuts out the central eye-like gemstone, while also carefully taking note of which gear is magical with his Auravision.

“These eye-gems are magical and I intend to have them studied carefully – currently, this beast seems the best clue to getting to the bottom of this.”

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

A hiss of contempt issues from the low drawn cowl. Aid?! I seek no aid--I want RECOMPENSE! That damn ghaik owed me...and you cheated me of that justice. The chal spits in revulsion, shaking his static-covered hands vehemently.

The sparks dissipate; the chal seems to pause his rant at this but swiftly recovers to glare at the Rish-i-Chal.

As to spoils, inspect the wounds and see...the might of my own heart has wrought much of the victory here. I'll content myself with the spineless freak's body for...studying--unless something worth my while is among the remains too.

No worries, Az. I'm sure you'll understand Jhank'kor's repulsion at the inference. Eye-wink
...Oh, am I to understand you want to interrogate a severed 'lithid head? Sticking out tongue lol!

Still holding charge(nat. 1 concentrate...ugh. fizz lol)

Also, hide check for cowl:10
Bluff to edge pain into frustration: 18
Intimidate(reinforce statements with grit): 28
Knowledge(his) to accertain ulitharid ID: 18

-1 Bonus for penalty to do
I rolled 1d6+-1, the result is 5.
-2 Bonus for hide to do
I rolled 1d20+-2, the result is 10.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 18.
11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 28.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 9.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh remains unassuming at Jhank’kor’s demands, and meets the mage’s shaking frame with his cold magic-piercing gaze.

“Stay your tongue, chal, and I will stay my blade. The body itself is a remedy for investigating the attack, and it will be put to that use before any lay claim to “trophies”.”

OOC: I assume Spellcraft +14 allows me automatic knowledge of spells such as Legend Lore and Speak with Dead.

Checks:
Spot to notice Jhank’kor’s bleeding scar.
Sense Motive to notice Jhank’kor’s pain.

0 Bonus for Spot to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 4.
0 Bonus for Sense Motive to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

What a blunt...blade...you have.

The chal chuckles at the irony of his peer's statement.

You would find my uses for our foe quite resourceful, sooth slayer. But I do want to find the third freak and sink some spells into his hide too...

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:
...Oh, am I to understand you want to interrogate a severed 'lithid head? Sticking out tongue lol!

(ooc- yes actually)

"Curb your emotions and focus your minds my kin" interjects Ar'dru "This city fairly crawls with god-worshippers and I have heard tell that they have the ability to converse with the recently deceased. I suggest we engage the services of one of the lesser races for this menial task. They may even be able to assist our injured kinsmen here." He gestures to Jhank’kor.

[edit- oops, should have checked that no-one had already posted that idea before I submitted. Oh well, idea seconded but no one's messing up the squiddy's head while it's still in my hand.]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC:
My bad, Az, I had assumed you put it down after decapitation. It’s only an eye, anyhow Eye-wink
Du’minh is currently wielding his ceremonial dagger, Ben, not his flail. Cutting out an eye with a flail would be messy business indeed. Laughing out loud
By the way, does anyone have extradimensional storage for the body?

IC:

“So you know as well that there is a third… The Rule-of-Threes imparts itself on the ruling circles of ghaiks as well. I would like to find out what more you know of our assailants, but here is not the time nor the place.”

Turning to Ar’dru, Du’minh speaks:
“I agree, but none of us seem mortally wounded, so I suggest we make haste back to the Heart before taking any further actions. I will collect the remains of this one, and we can make do with it later.”

Du’minh proceeds to bag any valuables and magic gear revealed by his scan, making sure this is all done openly so that no one will suspect him of cheating them out.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:

(ooc- yes actually)

lol. I just thought the mental image was funny; you did the wise thing, since we don't want to give the bugger a chance to recuperate.

Wiping blood from his temple, Jhank'kor nods.

A draught of healing would ease things a bit... Stealing a glare at the Rish, the chal adds in a steely tone. ...since we have much unfinished business and need sharp minds.

Noting the wisdom spoken, Jhank'kor draws out an earthen canister and unscrews the lid. A pungent aroma wafts to those nearby, the smell of attar and lime. This will keep the flesh from rotting... Jhank'kor informs those who might question the substance's appearance.

applying some of the timeless ungent to the ulitharid corpse

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:
… since we have much unfinished business and need sharp minds.
“… and steady hands,” Du’minh adds, smirking at Jhank’kors trembling figure.

Du’minh takes a suspicious look at the newcomer, scanning him for magic as well.

“You join our hunt when it is over, chestk. Do you have any news from the battlefield at the Heart of the Void?”

OOC: Sorry Ben, couldn’t help it Eye-wink
Trias, you have a goatee, I think suspicion is in order.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

NP. Good eye Laughing out loud

Ignoring the remark, Jhank'kor turns to hear what the most recent stranger has to say...

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Rey'arteb looks up at the wounded warrior, Jhank'kor, then shifts his gaze to Du'minh. I agree, it would be wise to return to the surface - I know little, except that there are likely more ghaiks still walking above.

By the way - I am called Vivec: a warrior -and sorcerer of sorts - the kind that deals in life and unlife.

He looks at Jhank'kor: I will heal you before we depart, we will need strong bodies for the likely battle ahead.
Stealing a glance at the dead ulitharid: Perhaps more bodies than are currently standing. ...Come forward if you need to.

The strange man touches Jhank'kor on the shoulder, attempting to establish trust, and then says to him firmly, but calmly- Will your wounds to close. As he says this, a faint pale blue glow emerges from his eyes, and the hand that is touching Jhank'kor. Many times before, in this exact situation, Rey'arteb had killed the trusting assasin, thug, and even fiend. But not this time. No.
An enemy of the enemy was certainly no enemy to Rey. At least not at the moment.

OCC:

Diplomacy: 24
Cure Serious Wounds on Jhank'kor: 14
Cure Moderate Wounds on Jhank'kor: 14
Total = 28 hp healed

9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 24.
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 3d8+6, the result is 14.
I rolled 2d8+6, the result is 14.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Unused to being touched, save by the wiles of Undersigil combat, Jhank'kor had to fight his instinctive repulsion. However, the shaking of his frame conceals the reaction as the cowl hides his contorting face.

Feeling the momentary relief as his flesh heals, the chal relaxs...only to have the searing fire continue to burn within. Knowing of little other courtesies, the warlock nods and intones, Thanks...

But if the 'lithids were fleeing, I do not think they will have remained above...where then were they running to?

bluff to conceal pain: 21
Knowledge(his) of possible reasons for the Ulitharid's actions: 31
Knowledge(arcana) on illithid psyche/rationale: 28
Knowledge(Arcana) to recognize Rey's source of power (i.e. does he appear to be a cleric...which would intrigue this gith to no end): 21

-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+-1, the result is 0.
9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 21.
15 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 31.
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 28.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

“The flayers were definitely at the retreat by the time our pursuit had commenced. They were broken up, their thralls ran wild, and their leader had taken off, leaving a faint smell of burnt flesh from the blast it received to its head.
By now, I would expect the vast majority of the attack force to have fled Git’riban entirely or been killed…”

“But ghaiks or not, we seem to be in agreement that this is a poor place to continue this conversation. Let us be off, we can collect the conquest from the other three we felled on the way.”

Du’minh secures the ultharid’s goods as best he can and stands ready to head out, holding his flail at the ready.

OOC: What magic auras were revealed from “Vivic’s” person?

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz regards the Ultratharid's severed head in Ar'dru's hands, trying to figure out who he has killed. (ooc: do i know this?

Daraz also picks his brains to see wether he knows where the Iltilids might have retreated to.

Knowledge local: 27

OOC: It seems that I love rolling 19s

I am called Ehk’Tev since nobody bothered to ask. But on more pressing matters; if the ghaiks have fled below we will not catch them. They know the path and have a head start of many minutes. If they have indeed fled the best we can do is mop up the remaining thralls. Unless one of you knows the paths of Undersigil well enough to make an effort to cut them of and lay an ambush, that is.

8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 27.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jhank'kor's eyes brighten at the mention of his accustomed domain. [b]I hope you berks are prepared to face the dark...

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The dark does not bother me, any more than it does you, but we must be mindful of our disadvantages in a situation like this.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"The darkness poses no trouble to my kind" states Ar'dru "Though I fear we will be stumbling blind nonetheless if we do not first discover where our foes are headed."

Ar'dru slings the head over his shoulder, holding onto the long tentacles. "Is there anything on the corpse which might assist us in laying an ambush? Or even telling us where it was fleeing to? If not I suggest we return to the surface to hunt for clues and interrogate any wounded"

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Good point, did the ulitharid carry any documents or other clues as to its activities?

If Du'minh had found none of this:

“I will not stumble aimlessly around in the City Under the City, with no clear idea about where to go or even where to start hunting my prey, should it actually be in the general vicinity.
I am in agreement with the duthka’gith, and once again implore you all to join in returning to the Heart.”

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Without warning, or any explanation, Rey'arteb removes a black onyx gem from his belt-pouch, places it on the chest of the dead mind flayer and holds it there with his palm. He then begins whispering.

OCC:

Casts Animate Dead on Illithid Corpse
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/animateDead.htm
Intention to make an 10HD undead- meaning the onyx gem is worth 250gp
Total = 41 hp

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d8+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d8+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d8+0, the result is 2.
I rolled 1d8+0, the result is 5.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

What are you doing? Daraz asks Rey, a hint of irritation in his voice. Adressing everyone, he says: I will return to the surface if you feel we lack the knowledge we need to move from here. If we can get in front of them and cut them off somehow we may have a chance of winning. Better still, if we found where they were hiding...

OOC: can we cast speak with dead on the thing if it's been animated?

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

oops. triple post

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OCC:

Crap, not according to this:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/speakWithDead.htm

I just read that - also - the corpse must have a mouth with which to speak with - but the corpse's head was cut off, and I only animated the body - so i may still be able to speak to it if I cast speak with dead on only the head....or perhaps if the undead body was "killed" again..
I guess it's the DM's call.
Also, I don't have that spell memorized right now, but will do so for the next day.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Daraz regards the Ultratharid's severed head in Ar'dru's hands, trying to figure out who he has killed. (ooc: do i know this?
The 3 ulitharid running illithid house were known as Knowledge, Will, and Sight. This ulitharid had a 3rd eye, guess which one it should be. Both Daraz and Du'minh know enough about illithid house to know at least this.

Quote:
just read that - also - the corpse must have a mouth with which to speak with - but the corpse's head was cut off, and I only animated the body - so i may still be able to speak to it if I cast speak with dead on only the head.

I guess it's the DM's call.

That it is. Guess you'l find out what I rule if and when you try it. Kidding. Actually I believe it will work. In fact this is pretty much the only weay you can have it both ways. BTW, the body lacks sensory organs, it can follow it's creator's commands, but won't be able to react as if it had eyes or ears.

Quote:

OOC: What magic auras were revealed from “Vivic’s” person?

Spellcaster, with magic gear.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: hehe I'm a bit dim

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[ooc- on the plus side you've got a vorpal-proof servant]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Would Jhank'kor have any knowledge of his special prey's lair??

[b]What in the 'Lithid Hive are you doing?!...

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

I've animated its corpse - you wouldn't want to carry it around, now would you? Perhaps more importantly - we can use it as fodder.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru grunts, seemingly somewhat impressed,

"Nice trick warlock, are you able to make this speak?" he asks, brandishing the dripping head.

[ooc- was the squiddy carrying anything interesting Azure?]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[Az answer a question for me...

-Did Ar'dru let Du'minh pop the 3rd eye out of the head, y/n?

Quote:
[ooc- was the squiddy carrying anything interesting Azure?]

The monster is wearing two rings, both of which are magical...

Did Du'minh make a search roll?

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

no, not as yet. he's free to ask though

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh’s reaction to the sudden animation is snap and aggressive, yanking his flail upwards to catch the flail-head in hand and assuming a threatening pose towards both Vivic and the once again active ulitharid.

“Gith’s blade, don’t you ever pull a stunt like that without warning again!”

Du’minh proceeds to spit a few curses and threats at Vivic, before eventually lowering his weapon again, although he keeps on his guard, far more suspicious now than before.

“Since you are so eager to mess with our quarry, you can see to it to have the accursed thing searched for any documents or clues as to the activities or possible whereabouts of it or its brethren.”

Turning to Jhank’kor, Du’minh displays the rings.
“I sense magic emanating from these rings, warlock, though I am not able to discern which discipline of the Art they are enchanted with. Perhaps you could find out more? If one of these is attuned to the field of divination, it might be prone to focus on it when first we get an opportunity.”

OOC:
Requesting a Detect Magic to detect schools of magic of the rings.
Oh, and sorry Trias, but you just accidentally pushed one of Du’minh’s very wrong buttons. Eye-wink

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Rey'arteb gives the flail-wielding gith a calm, knowing gaze.


Fear not fellow warrior, the spirit of the ghaik no longer resides in this shell - this is now simply a collection of flesh and bones. Ironic that the one that has turned so many into cattle - is now cattle itself

Turning to Ar'dru: Yes, I can make it speak, but not at the moment - I do not have that particular incantation memorized - but will have done so by next antipeak. It would be wisest if we all participated in the questioning

He then unhooks his extremely long sword from his belt and using it as a cattle prod, pokes the corpse from the behind commanding it forward, and up - towards Sigil.

OCC:

Azure - I'm asking just to confirm, the corpse can't take verbal, nor visual instructions, right?

Dunamin - no apologies necessary; the group wouldn't be very exciting if everyone's character was comfortable with everyone else's actions...at least in the beginning!

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

To Du'minh of Jhank’kor Draz says: if this one has any magical trinkets or, especialy, wands, I would find them useful. I need a magical crutch far more than you do, I think. Daraz adds with a ruful smile. Adressing Rey: you realize the danger of keeping this body don't you? if authorites get involved as with Knowledge's death then we take something of a risk, no? Perhaps a small risk, but one that may not jusify keeping this corpse around nonetheless.

OOC: exactly how much (or rather how little) power do the hardheads have in Git'raban? enough to make toting around Sight's corpse a problem?

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Rey turns to Draz.

Knowledge? Is that the name of this thing? I suppose you're correct - but then again - if questioned, we could argue that we had acted in self defense, I'm sure there's no shortage of witnesses who would back our claim... unless other ghaiks had addled their memory.

Very well then, I will heed your warning and disguise the corpse - either that or get rid of it somehow.

OCC:

One of my domains is "Trickery"
Now there is a 'Disguise Self' spell - Level 1
and a 'Polymorph Any Object' (which I cannot do, because it's level Cool.
There is no 'Disguise Other' Spell in the domain, so I don't think spells would help disguising it -

Unless it was to be made Invisible, but that prolly won't be as useful

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

No, this one is sight. Knowledge was killed by a githzerai Rrakama party recently. says Daraz, bemused at Reys unawareness of current events. As for witnesses, the ghaiks can bend minds and hand out coin like candy. In Guvner courtroom we would lose for certain.

OOC: then again, who am i to talk? I missed the three eyes-sight correlation thing. And why isn't there a disguise other spell anyway?

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
OOC: exactly how much (or rather how little) power do the hardheads have in Git'raban? enough to make toting around Sight's corpse a problem?

[Any Hardhead that tried to push around a whole neighborhood of githyanki ... well, he'd be a shoe-in for the Darwin Awards. The Harmonium is more likely to pacify the Hive (in other words, not likely at all) than to send officers to police Git'riban. They've got manpower, but recruits aren't THAT expendable. In other words, the githyanki have a dire reputation, and nobody's too keen on finding out if the stories are true or not, not even the Harmonium. Sodkillers on the other hand...]

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.