This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: Blades of Git'riban : Primal State

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

3118 posts / 0 new
Last post
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Okay, new plan: Can I secure my flail, crouch down and attempt to grab and wrest away the wand from the illithid (employing my Improved Disarm feat to prevent AoO), then 5 ft. step back with my prize?
[Ummm.... no, sorry. The illithid is too far for that, and surrounded by thralls, but if you jumped down you might just flatten the pile of them and really clog up the stairway, preventing the second illithid from getting to the stairs. The plan was for Rey to invisibly climb to the second floor and hit the flayers from behind, Du'minh knows this, whether or not he trusts 'Vivec' to follow through or not....]

Quote:
(have I seen what the wand blasts with, by the way?)

[No, the illithid has not used the wand. It appears intent on going downstairs without exposing itself to danger. It appears oblivious to Du'minh's presence, BTW]

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Hmm, how about tipping down debris to block off their passage then? Is there anything suitable nearby that could be pushed/rolled within a round to that purpose, preferably doing some damage in the process?

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
[=9][b][Round 3... Ben, yep, Jank'kor's fire burst spell fizzled. Darkness spell too. Round 3's a bust for you, sorry. Round 4 will be the last round of your maxed penalty tho.

Eh, the prices we pay for roleplay... Laughing out loud

What is the giths' awareness of Jhank'kor? He's lurking behind the vampiro touch guy. Eye-wink

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
Hmm, how about tipping down debris to block off their passage then? Is there anything suitable nearby that could be pushed/rolled within a round to that purpose, preferably doing some damage in the process?

[There's some bricks nearby, not enough to crush anyone to death unless you get real lucky, though.

You could, however, attack the stairs themselves to bring them down on the illithid and thralls. You'd still have to pass that DC15 reflex check to keep from going with them, though. Should you decide on this course of action I will use the dice rolls you already rolled.]

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
What is the giths' awareness of Jhank'kor? He's lurking behind the vampiro touch guy. Eye-wink

[The gith are aware of you, not flatfooted. Nobody's attacking Jank'kor, yet.]

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
[The gith are aware of you, not flatfooted. Nobody's attacking Jank'kor, yet.]

Fun fun...where are they in relation to my party members? Are the giths all within ten feet of Jhank'kor??

If so...

Utterly enraged at his spell failing, the chal breaks down into thrashing and cursing every ghaik utterance not written into the Death Book. The only thing that the others get from the maniacal rantings is that his cowl has fallen away, revealing a grotesque sigil--still bleeding--eyes the hue of fiery pitch, and a single coherent word (voiced in a wail):

FIRE!!!!!

Concentration check: 28--nat. 20 Smiling
Refl. vs 16 again (fireburst) [or 18 for an abberation]
Dmg: 33 fire
(just in case) +9dmg to any abberations within that 10ft radius ball of fire

8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 28.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 5d8+7, the result is 33.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 9.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Well, my odds look poor, but in the interest of keeping the game moving, I’m going with the destruction of the stairs. By the way, the Weapon Bond damage only applies to attacks against a creature that can cast spells or has spell-like abilities, so damage would only come up to 54.

3 Bonus for Reflex save to do
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 9.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[... round 3]

Du'minh brings his heavy flail down on the crumbling stairs. A couple of powerful blows and the stairs start to give way. Unfortunately, it works too well, and Du'minh himself gets caught in the collapse. Bricks and stone rain down upon the thralls surrounding the illithid, who try to protect their master with their own bodies. It almost works, until a large stone crushes one of the thralls. Others get hit in the head by massive amounts of falling debris, followed by a muscular githyanki wearing heavy armor. The stairway was already strained from the weight of so many heavy thralls, and the added weight of rubble and githyanki is too much for it. The stairs collapse, landing on the stairs running from the first floor into the basement, which collapse as well. Du'minh finds himself staring upward at a gaping hole still raining bricks, atop a pile of rubble and groaning thralls. Being on top of the pile, and the cause of the event, Du'minh is the first to recover his senses. He sees the illithid, battered and bleeding but still clutching it's wand, trying to crawl out from under the broken body of one of it's thralls.

[Du'minh takes 13 points of damage from the fall.]

[Ar'dru is still going toe-to-toe with the vamp-touch savage. He can either draw his sword or continue to full-attack with fang and claw. Jhank'kor's spell will go off in round 4.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 1.
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 5.
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 2.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OCC: We just moved! I'm back online.

Rey witnesses the fall, and does not hesitate - he draws his sword, points it downwards, and jumps down the hole, still magically invisible, ignoring the the thralls and attempting to land, sword-first, on a mind flayer, hoping to dish out fatal damage using the momentum gained by gravity (round 4).

OCC:

Yes, I will take another move silently roll. Also, Azure, please apply any Attack penalties/ Damage bonuses due to the weird nature of the attack.
Rolls for round 4-
Tumble (for falling):25
Move Silently (after landing): 24
Initiative: 19
Attack: 22
Damage: 12
Man, that damage seems paltry compared to the 50-something dished out by Dunamin....

Note: Using 'Smite Ability' - 1/day Because of the Destruction Domain, You gain the smite power, the supernatural ability to make a single melee attack with a +4 bonus on attack rolls and a bonus on damage rolls equal to your cleric level (if you hit). You must declare the smite before making the attack.

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 24.
12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 22.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 19.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d10+8, the result is 12.
11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 25.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Trias' wrote:
Man, that damage seems paltry compared to the 50-something dished out by Dunamin....
Power Attack is your friend Eye-wink

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
Power Attack is your friend Eye-wink

We mages would look funny power-attacking with our wands... Laughing out loud

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[ooc- sorry, I was out of town for a couple of days there and yeah- ouch!!!]

Roaring in pain and outrage Ar'dru grasps his blade and brings it horizontally across the primative gith's chest with all his might.

Power attack- attack (1d20+12=22)
damage (1d10+23=27)

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: I'm back for 4 days before leaving again (gone from the 5th to 16th, then i'm around for a long while) Who do I have a shot at next roun and is there a better place to move to (relatively safely)

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'weishan' wrote:
OOC: I'm back for 4 days before leaving again (gone from the 5th to 16th, then i'm around for a long while) Who do I have a shot at next roun and is there a better place to move to (relatively safely)
Welcome back. I only rolled once for you (round 2). There are plenty of available targets, and nobody's spotted Daraz yet. Targets: -> A dozen savage gith quickly taking total control of the lot. -> Thralls on the second floor, somewhat confused by the collapse of the stairs. -> Savage gith on the 3rd floor threatening Ar'dru and Jhank'kor.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[...round 3 continued]

Ar'dru draws his silver sword and slashes the unarmed savage gith across the chest. The gith stumbles backward, a horrific gaping wound across his pectorals, but then a look of total bloodlust enters his eyes and he rushes Ar'dru again. The nearly-naked gith hits Ar'dru in the ribs, and instant frostbite sets in even through his armor. The wound on the Atasian's chest stops bleeding and begins to turn into scar tissue on its edges. Ar'dru can see that this savage wears almost nothing except bone jewelry, and his body is literally covered with overlaping scars, most from various claws and bites of great beasts. [Ar'dru takes another 17 pts of damage, for a total of 39 so far! Fear Athas.]


[still to come in round 3, Daraz's attack. So far for round 4 i've got Jhank'kor casting a spell and Rey'arteb attacking invisibly. Which, by the way, I should modify Rey's action just a little if it's O.K. ...]

[So... round 4 ... I will show results of declaired actions and set up for those who haven't declaired yet... I know I'm being strange with initiative this combat, but it's working...]

The collapse of the stairway masks the sounds of Rey's approach, even to the keen-eared grimlocks. The second illithid had not yet reached the stairs, and now stands, flanked by it's thralls, peering into the hole. Rey'arteb sneaks up invisibly and strikes, shoving the illithid over the edge and following it into the hole, blade first.


[If you're going to go with this action, you'll still take 2d6 falling damage as the hole goes all the way to the basement. If not, say so and I'll edit the post.]

Jhank'kor, shaking, bleeding, straining to control the arcane might throbbing through his veins, fills the third floor with magical fire. The heat is so intense that the bone armor of the savages combusts. The two newest gith burn to death in a few seconds. The Athasian fighting Ar'dru also burns. The concussion of the burst, with a little help from Ar'dru's sword, knocks him over the edge. He plummets like a firey metior into the lot, landing on a pile of rubble overgrown with razorvine. The razorvine quickly catches fire as well. The last gith fares much better than his companions. With the speed of thought he teleports back down to the lot and is quickly extinguished by his fellows.

The gith in the lot give out a loud shout in unison. They have taken the area, the only living resistance being the two githyanki standing back to back in the archway of the ruin. At the hole in the lot's wall leading to the alley, a headless monstrosity flails blindly, stumbling back and forth as it is prodded from several directions at once. The gith who survived Jhank'kor's spell points to the third floor and half a dozen gith take out slings, loading them with pieces of rubble...

---

A loud "WhOOmph" from the third floor preceeds another rain of bricks by a few seconds. Du'minh struggles to his feet, though the shifting pile of rubble offers unstable footing at best. He stands over the struggling illithid. The ghaik is still trapped, but rolls to point its wand at Du'minh. Five balls of fire streak from the wand and spiral in to unerringly strike the Rish-i-chall. [Magic Missiles, 20 pts of energy damage.]

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d8+4, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d8+4, the result is 11.
0 Bonus for reflex save vs. to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 14.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 2.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 3.
1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d4+1, the result is 2.
I rolled 1d4+1, the result is 5.
I rolled 1d4+1, the result is 3.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz carefully takes aim at the gith that attacked Ar'dru.

aware his crossbow won't be particuraly effective, daraz tries to use the shot to distract the savage gith.

Let's see how many crossbow bolts I can stick in you

Attack: 18
Damage: 2

OOC: just to clarify am i within 30 feet? if not can i advance safely?

11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 18.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d8+0, the result is 2.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Isn't simultaneous posting fun?

Quote:
just to clarify am i within 30 feet? if not can i advance safely?

Daraz is still in the alley, at the top of the ramp. He is at least 90' from the ruin. He can see that Vivec's UHU is keeping the Athasian gith busy at entrance to the lot. He can run down the ramp, maybee keeping low and close to the wall of the lot to hide, and make it to the rubble pile that provides access to the second floor, or he can try to somehow make it past the savages and to the githyanki holding the entrance to the ruin's first floor. He remembers that the warlock said the entrance to the old sewers is in the SUB-basement of the ruin.

Quote:

Attack: 18
Damage: 2

As you can see from the above post, this hardly matters in the big picture. I'll say you stuck him alright, in round 3, but it only means he also had a bolt in his leg when he fell to his obvious death. So, I'll even give you an extra round's movement for round 3, if you want it. That means, without running, you can reach the rubble pile/hole in wall at the base of the ramp on round 5 and not take any negative mods on your hide.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Heh. You have no idea who you’re messing with, mind flayer.

As the missiles home in, a blue light flares up in Du’minh’s eyes, and a split second later his heavy flail is engulfed in the same eerie blue fire. This is what he’s trained for. Du’minh spins around, bringing his flail to receive the missiles in a flashing whirlwind of blue dancing power. The magic missiles veer around his body, circling him, and then flying straight back at the illithid.

“Catch!”

OOC: Activate Mind over Magic ability to reflect spell back at the illithid.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The ghaik chal screeches as magical energy burns into it's flesh. It itsn't quite dead yet, just flailing in pain. It's legs seem to be pinned under the dead thrall. Three other thralls are slowly getting to their feet amid the rubble of the stairs.

Suddenly, another mind flayer lands on the rubble pile, and Vivec lands on top of it, blade drawn. The new flayer gets a broken arm from it's assisted fall, as well as a blade in it's back. As a testiment to the toughness of the illithid race, it too is still alive despite it's injuries.

The celler is not unlike the one that the ulitharid was killed in. A large pillared space, with a stairwell at one end (now a large pile of rubble and thralls), and a wide ramp leading downward at the other end.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 10.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz moves up to the rubble pile and finds any cover he can, using his cloak to better blend in with the alley walls.

Hide (including +2 from relevant camoflage): 26

If there are few or no enemies on the second floor, Daraz will advance and ready an attack against anyone climbing the stairs from the first floor after finishing off any remaining enemies. Otherwise he will thin the enemies' numbers from cover and then close to melee.

OOC: I'll probably be gone again by round 5, so this is the general gist of what Daraz would do if i'm not here.

14 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+14, the result is 26.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

(Round 4)

Du’minh stands tall, looking down from his elevated position at the pinned and heavily bruised illithid. His smile widens as Vivec and the other mind flayer comes crashing down to their level.

“Yes, enslaver. All falls apart. It is time.”

Du’minh lunges to finish the job, his shape distorted by the concealing amorpha, to deliver swift punishment in the form of a spiked solid mass of steel. His approach is more cautious than a reckless charge, however, and he keeps his footing among the rubble very much in mind.

OOC:
Move up (down) and attack (Power Attack -3/+6, elevation bonus included). Hitting AC 26, dealing 21 damage.

Oh, and how good of you to drop by, Trias Laughing out loud

15 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 26.
18 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d10+18, the result is 21.
Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[ooc- can I attack the illithid's if I float down off level 3 this turn? I'll edit this post with my actions depending on the answer]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Oops, forgot Weapon Bonded damage. So total damage comes up to 27.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 6.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Az, are ya gonna leave the warlock up top?? Eye-wink

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Rey screams.

AAAAAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!

It is clear that he is enraged by the still-alive Illithid - but the real reason this normally quiet blood screamed is to draw attention to himself, away from his wounded companions. Looking down the mind flayer he thinks:

Look at me, relay my face to your entire collective... to your elder brain. This is the face that will kill hordes of your kind. And please, do try and stop me. Rey wants Illithids to come after him, to try and finish him. Either all those sent would die by Rey's hand, or Rey would eventually be killed trying to fight them. Either scenario was suitable for the assassin of assasins.

He raises his sword again, and tries for a killing blow.

OCC:
Attack: 24
Damage: 9

Quote:

Oh, and how good of you to drop by, Trias Laughing out loud

I was hungry for some fresh seafood Smiling.

Oh, and can someone explain to me what a bound weapon is?

8 Bonus for Attack to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 24.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d10+2, the result is 9.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[OK, we're up to round 5 actions ...

Az, Ar'dru can float down himself, or take the warlock. A reflex save (DC12) by Jhank'kor will result in no damage taken, failure = 1d6 damage and fall prone, don't forget to roll your mod :evil). Ar'dru will not take damage regardless, as he can in fact levitate, relying on his wings only for thrust. If you take Jhank'kor you can attack at the end of round 5 at the bottom. So can Jhank'kor if he makes that ref save.

Az, think about other abilities that come from having both levitation and wings, like the ability to hover while kicking up dust with a wind.

Wei, if you're around, pay attention to the setup of round 5 for in the lot.

Du'minh and Vivec have their actions for round 5, so I'll do the setup for the celler and discribe the early round.]

Round 5 setup - The Lot / Ruin:

The savage Athasian gith have taken the lot. As Daraz takes a quick glance through the gaping break in the lot wall, he sees three of them finally bring down the undead headless ulitharid and proceed to hack it to pieces. They seem occupied

Meanwhile, half a dozen gith load broken bricks and pieces of rubble into leather slings. Most of the first volley misses, but a half-brick finds a mark on the side of Jhank'kor's head [6 points of damage]

Just as the slingers are reloading, however, a black-cloaked figure surmounts the wall in the back of the lot. The bone-wearing savages are pressing the githyanki defending the archway hard, his armor absorbing many, but not all, blows. He takes a knee, but just as he does so, the cloaked figure raises her arms ...

Jhank'kor's and Ar'dru's hearts both skip a beat, and they swoon for a moment, as does Daraz and every being in the lot and the ruin [but not the celler]. Their life escences are being pulled from their bodies, but strong, they resist, and quickly recover.

Not so for the razorvine in the lot.

The vines crumble to a fine grey ash, which swirls in arcane eddies. The burning razorvine bush is extinguished. Jhank'kor can practicaly see the lifeforce being drawn to the black-robed sorceress to fuel her spell. A crimson light colesces in her left hand. She then throws the bead of light into the lot.

It bounces twice. There is a short pause ...

Then the lot is engulfed in flame. Nearly every bone-wearer in the lot dies screaming. The sorceress on the wall looses control of the spell, and is herself knocked off her perch by the concussion wave. The entire ruin shakes. The space of air over the lot becomes a billowing cloud of smoke and flame, and the fine ash that used to be razorvine fills the air.

Never has Jhan'kor seen magic such as this, for even as he believes he knows WHAT the sorceress in black did, he has no idea HOW!

(early) round 5 The Celler:

Du'minh stands over the Great Enemy. He swings the heavy, two handed flail with great strengh, and the ghaik's head is smashed like a ripe mellon.

The other illithid, under Rey, watches in fear. It squirms in panic, and looks at the closest thrall, a battered bugbear. "Hissh! Hurry thrall, hurry!" it hisses. The thrall grabs a large axe and scrambles over the rubble. Just as Rey stabs his blade into the illithid again, the thrall grabs his master by the tenticles, and beheads the mind flayer! The thrall then turns to flee with the still bleeding head.

Just as the thrall starts running down the rubble pile, a loud blast is heard from the floors above, and a new rain of bricks comes down the ruined stairwell.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 9.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 13.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 1.
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 3.
I rolled 15d8+0, the result is 60.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 2.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ignoring the peeled flesh of his scalp, meaningless after such a concussion, Jhank'kor turns to face the mysterious woman's last known location.

Mother Gith of the Two Skies! What spawned such a lady as that?! Sheer awe floods into his screaming mind. This was power!...Power that Jhank'kor knows would unravel the Illithid House without a second thought. And so, enamored by power and desire, Jhank'kor turns to Ar'du and screams through the clout, "Duthka’gith, we need to find who that was! Should she prove to be a child of Gith, she'll need Vivec's aid--and then we'll definitely blast the Nine Hells out of those ghaiks!"

Sorry boys, Jhank'kor is lady hunting. Laughing out loud

Bluff to mask motive: 11
Spot: 14
Listen: 2
Search (ways down): 3
Concentrate: 21
Intimidate to gain cooperation: 28

-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+-1, the result is 5.
-5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+-5, the result is 14.
I rolled 1d20+-5, the result is 2.
-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+-1, the result is 3.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 21.
12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 31.
11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 28.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 11.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Jhank'kor is lady hunting

Laughing out loud

Well, the lot is engulfed in flame and smoke, the ash in the air has reduced visibilty to the hand in front of your face, you're on the 3rd floor of a ruin that may or may not be able to withstand that blast, the stairs are gone, and though that brick in the head was only slightly better than the pain you've been feeling, you're still feeling woozy ... glad to see you've got your priorities straight.

Seriously tho, you really can only hope that a) she survived her own spell and b) you'll see her again at a later time.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
Quote:
Jhank'kor is lady hunting

Laughing out loud

Well, the lot is engulfed in flame and smoke, the ash in the air has reduced visibilty to the hand in front of your face, you're on the 3rd floor of a ruin that may or may not be able to withstand that blast, the stairs are gone, and though that brick in the head was only slightly better than the pain you've been feeling, you're still feeling woozy ... glad to see you've got your priorities straight.

Seriously tho, you really can only hope that a) she survived her own spell and b) you'll see her again at a later time.

Just playin the character. lol.

hm...If that's the case, he'll have more to look forward to than a few bodies to liquify at the end of combat. Laughing out loud

HP total at moment: 54hp

I'll edit actions accordingly Eye-wink

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Where are the most enemies now?

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'weishan' wrote:
OOC: Where are the most enemies now?

There were still thralls on the second floor of the ruin, and one githyanki in the archway was fighting someone on the first floor as well. You can make a climb check (DC12) to get up to the second floor. Visibility out here is nil.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"The Ghaik will be destroyed first. I will assist you down to the field of battle if you wish to join us and will help you search for what may or may not be one of our kin later." Ar'dru curtly replies. "And do not presume that you may order me warlock, it is not becoming for one of your stature."

[ooc- Ar'dru will assist Jhank'kor down but will not follow his directive: He's quite happy to die in battle against the Illithid but will not dive into near-certain death just because someone he's known for a few hours tells him to (I have 9 hp remaining).]

Edit- heh, good point Azure, I'm so used to 3.5 I assumed you'd need a feat for something like that.

Sense motive: 15

4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 15.
__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz carefully climbs the wall of the ruined building to the second floor, prepared to attack the nearest enemy with his shortsword.

Climb: 6
(I thought I put ranks in climb. can i take 10?)

1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 6.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
can i take 10?

[Sure, but not AFTER you roll ... ]

Daraz tries to scramble up the rubble pile, but the blast in the lot has destablized it, as well as the ruin itself. Though he cannot see more than a few feet due to the dust and smoke in the air, he can hear a rain of bricks coming down and hitting the rubble. Daraz stumbles as he dodges a falling mass of bricks, and ends up back on the bottom of the rubble pile.

[You can try again or go the other way next round. The fireball was an instantaneous effect. Visibility is bad, but you can feel your way along the building to get to the archway into the ground floor. Two githyanki were defending it.]

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh savours the victory of yet another illithid slain, nodding in approval to Vivec stabbing the second flayer nearby. Bewilderment spreads across his face, however, as the bugbear thrall decapitates its master, and the ensuing mighty blast from above only adds to the confusion down in the cellar.
Composing himself and recalling his teachings on the wicked ways of the Great Foe, Du’minh drops his flail by his feet, yanks his bow out and fires an arrow for the torso of the thrall.

“The servant is returning the head of its master to add to the strength of their elder brain, Vivec. Do not let it get away!”

OOC: Tsk, tsk, Ben, stop hitting on the extremely (self)destructive lady Laughing out loud

'Trias' wrote:
Oh, and can someone explain to me what a bound weapon is?

Weapon Bond is a feature of my prestige class, the occult slayer. I summarized it on the first page of the OOC thread.
'Azriael' wrote:
I'm so used to 3.5 I assumed you'd need a feat for something like that.

Perhaps you're thinking of the Hover feat (from the MM)? Great feat for low maneuverability creatures, no dragon should be without (unless they can hover by other means, of course).

8 Bonus for Ranged attack to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 21.
6 Bonus for Damage to do
I rolled 1d8+6, the result is 8.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:
[ooc- Ar'dru will assist Jhank'kor down but will not follow his directive: He's quite happy to die in battle against the Illithid but will not dive into near-certain death just because someone he's known for a few hours tells him to (I have 9 hp remaining).]

How did your wounds get overlooked, Az?

Dun, just because my character seems to have found a girl of his dreams, doesn't mean you get to diss 'im. Besides, not like your anti-mage flail would be good table conversation. Sticking out tongue

JK. But...what can I say? A lady will make a lonely chal--or any chap--do some crazy things Laughing out loud

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Drawing his cowl back over his head, Jhank'kor raises up to his full height. "My stature, eh? What would you know of my stature?! How many times do you hunt these hovels, facing the blights of Undersigil to add more ghaik to the Dead Book?? I haven't seen a duthka'gith's breath weapon down in those tunnels--but I have seen a ghaik rend one's brains out in a single gulp.

You might want to rethink stature before you spout such at me.

Grinning mischeviously, the warlock runs to the lip of the third floor, hands outstretched from his side. Fire wells up again, this time forming two beams of searing flame...

Sorry, Az, some things don't sit well with the temperamental mage. Eye-wink

Scorching Ray
2 beams
AC[1]: 17
AC[2]:11
Dmg[1]: 17 fire
Dmg[2]: 18 fire
Refl save(to ride): 17
Concentrate: 28

Hoping to dislodge a piece of the 3rd floor and ride it down into the lot...

-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+-1, the result is 3.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 17.
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 11.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 17.
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 18.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 28.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Rey literally pounces after the bugbear, attempting to stab it through the back with his very long sword.

OOC:

Init: 26
Attack:16
Damage: 3

Also, Ben, I'll fight your for the female Laughing out loud
I am so not desperate.

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 26.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 16.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d10+2, the result is 3.
Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru shrugs, clearly considering the outburst to be beneath his dignity. "Insolent whelp thinks that Sigil is the battlefield." he mutters under his breath. "Typical for a warlock I suppose."

Ardru spreads his battered wings and descends to the cellar (unless it's clear that the illithid are dead in which case he heads for the gound floor to assist the two gith there.

Quote:
Sorry, Az, some things don't sit well with the temperamental mage. Eye-wink
[ooc- no probs, could set up a fun bit of rivalry/sabre rattling anyway.

Did I miss a round there while all the fireworks were going on? if so I'd like to manifest body adjustment x3 before floating down- rolls below]

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d12+0, the result is 10.
I rolled 1d12+0, the result is 4.
I rolled 1d12+0, the result is 12.
__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

As the familiar sounds of Ar’dru’s beating wings reaches the ears of Du’minh, the Rish-i Chal raises his head to above and calls out:

“Ar’dru! The warrior-mage and I are down here and the ghaiks are dead, so I suggest we all regroup. What in the rotting arse of Orcus is going on up there?!”

OOC: I can call out, even though it’s not my turn, right?

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"I am sorry to have missed the slaughter" calls back Ar'dru "Warlocks are flexing their ego's up here my cousin, nothing unusual there, but we have kinsmen up here who are still in danger. I will assist them before rejoining the group."

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:

OOC: I can call out, even though it’s not my turn, right?



Yes, talking is a free action.

Azriael Wrote:

Quote:
Did I miss a round there while all the fireworks were going on? if so I'd like to manifest body adjustment x3 before floating down
Yes, you sort of did, so yes you can.

Ben Wrote

Quote:
Hoping to dislodge a piece of the 3rd floor and ride it down into the lot...

Refl save(to ride): 17

Smiling

Jhank'kor finds a spot where the third floor is open to the second along the edge of the open side. He runs down the very steep face of the ruined bricks, casing scorching rays to discourage any who would bar his path. the face of the broken wall gives way and tumbes into the lot under his weight and the rays. Jhank'kor crashes to the floor of the second story, before more of the wall gives way and he tumbles amoung the rubble into the smoke-filled lot.

[only 4 points falling damage and start round 6 prone, not bad. Does crashing to impress the ladies work?]

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 4.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 2.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 14.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Trias' wrote:
Also, Ben, I'll fight your for the female Laughing out loud I am so not desperate.

Bring it. One thing my guy has is plenty of Cha and a bunch of power-punching spells. Laughing out loud

Quote:
Does crashing to impress the ladies work?

Only if they see the power sliding and not the fall-on-your-face part. Eye-wink

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:

Quote:
Does crashing to impress the ladies work?

Only if they see the power sliding and not the fall-on-your-face part. Eye-wink

ROFLMAO

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
'Benyamin' wrote:

Quote:
Does crashing to impress the ladies work?

Only if they see the power sliding and not the fall-on-your-face part. Eye-wink

ROFLMAO

Smiling

Hypothetical question: If Jhank'kor casts Gust of Wind directly underneath him (while prone), which enacts a 60ft line of severe winds, what would happen?

Any chance it could clear some of the smoke, too?

I wonder if launching his butt in the sky would at least get Jhank'kor the name of her favorite restaurant and house address... Laughing out loud

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Hypothetical question: If Jhank'kor casts Gust of Wind directly underneath him (while prone), which enacts a 60ft line of severe winds, what would happen?

Any chance it could clear some of the smoke, too?

I wonder if launching his butt in the sky would at least get Jhank'kor the name of her favorite restaurant and house address... Laughing out loud



Gust of wind is perfect for clearing the air. While not strong enough to launch him skyward, Jhank'kor might be able to right himself with the winds. Make a spellcraft or reflex roll, your choice, DC13 either way to pull it off and look cool Smiling She might not see it, but Daraz sure will, as will the githyanki in the archway (if they survived the spell), and anyone else lucky enough to have survived that blast.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 8.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Smog and debris choking the atmosphere, Jhank'kor shakes a bit of the rubble away, feeling the cuts and bruises with frustration. Must work on the landing...

Drawing in the essence of air--something much lacking at the moment--the warlock unleashes the maelstrom from his raging spirit within.

OOC: Gust of Wind
Spellcraft: 25
Concentrate:12

-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+-1, the result is 4.
13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 25.
9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 12.
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 29.
Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[ooc- Sorry Azure, what can Ar'dru see at the moment? What's currently attacking those other gith?

Call me cruel but I'm kind of hoping the 'sorceress' turns out to be Ravel Laughing out loud ]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:
[ooc- Sorry Azure, what can Ar'dru see at the moment? What's currently attacking those other gith?

Call me cruel but I'm kind of hoping the 'sorceress' turns out to be Ravel Laughing out loud ]

Ah, but I'm banking on her lady Obsidian Orb. Smiling

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:
Call me cruel but I'm kind of hoping the 'sorceress' turns out to be Ravel Laughing out loud ]

Ah, but I'm banking on her lady Obsidian Orb. Smiling

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.