This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: Blades of Git'riban : Primal State

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

3118 posts / 0 new
Last post
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:
[ooc-Azure, what can Ar'dru see at the moment? What's currently attacking those other gith? ]

When Ar'dru reaches the first floor, he sees several thralls attacking the two githyanki warriors. The first, that you could see from the outside, is an armored warrior. He is on one knee, supporting himself on the archway. He looks wounded, but is no longer fending off savages. The other githyanki, who Ar'dru can now see clearly for the first time, is an unarmored female warrior. She is very quick and is fighting with a glowing blue blade made of light that extends from her outstretched fingers.

The female warrior has a pile of thralls and pirates in front of her. She is currently fighting off half a dozen grimlocks wearing metal collars, but is in a situation. The blast seems to have taken the last gasp out of her companion, and they are both coughing the smoke from their lungs. She is partially blinded by the ash and dust in the air, but the Grimlocks are blind underground-dwellers anyway.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru bellows a challenge as he rushes to plug the gap left by the injured warrior . He lashes out at the nearest thrall, sword cutting down and across it's chest.

Power attack- attack (1d20+12=13) Damage (1d10+23=29)

+ Charge bonus if that's possible on this terrain
probably a miss but I'll roll for a cleave if it's possible

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Hate to break it to you Az, but you seem to have joined us in the Abyssal layer known as the Realm of Natural Unos.

On another note, I’ve become fairly confused on the combat sequence lately. Starting with round 3, does the turns go something like this?:

Jhank’kor: fizzle spell, cast fireburst, cast scorching ray, cast gust of wind.
Ar’dru: slash savage, manifest body adjustment, descend to 1st floor and attack.
Du’minh: Smash stairs, attack illithid, shoot at thrall.
Vivec: Plunge illithid down to cellar, attack illithid, attack thrall.
Daraz: Shoot savage, climb rubble.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
I’ve become fairly confused on the combat sequence lately

Ick, sorry about that. It's due in part to the nature of posting, but as far as the combat goes, you've got it pretty much right.

The Celler:

Du'minh takes out his bow and pegs an arrow into the thrall that's fleeing with the flayer's head. The thrall, however, does not fall but stumbles onward, determined to complete this last service for it's master. The thrall, a heavily muscled bugbear, runs on across the celler and down the ramp, the severed head dripping a trail of purple-black blood on the floor.

Two other thralls scramble up the rubble pile towards Du'minh to cover their master's "escape". [Du'minh does not have to put up his bow, he can fire point blank at the thralls coming up the pile]

The Lot / The Ruin:

Ar'dru charges forward with a roar to the female githyanki's side. One of the grimlocks leaps into his path and Ar'dru collides with the muscular humanoid. The force of the collision causes Ar'dru to drop his sword [natural 1's are a bitch]. The grimlock quickly proves to be a competant grappler, and Ar'dru finds himself wrestling the blind humanoud atop a pile of corpses.

Out in the lot, Jhank'kor casts a spell that not only rights him to his feet, but does a pretty good job of blowing the smoke and dust away. He landed close enough to the archway to see now what is happening. He sees Ar'dru grappling with a grimlock, while five more rush him and the unarmored female githyanki. The other githyanki warrior, who had been defending the archway from the savages in the lot, is incapacitated at present.

Jhank'kor also sees that the sorceress in black's spell did not kill all the savages outright. A few who were on the periphery of the effect are currently scrambling to flee the lot. Nearby, two burned but still living savages pick themselves off the ground in front of the archway. One stumbles away, but the other pauses, and turns back towards the incapacitated armored githyanki, picking up a discarded pirate saber.

Daraz, recovering from his failed attempt at the rubble pile, sees Jhank'kor clearing the smoke and ash cloud, and also sees the actions of the surviving savage gith.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 1.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[OOC- Do I get to oppose the grapple check or have you already done that?]

12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 32.
__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:
[OOC- Do I get to oppose the grapple check or have you already done that?]

You can, but he actually rolled that 1, so you won. Roll a grapple for next round. Basicly, he tried to just grab you but kind of got smashed into instead, and took some damage.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Do I have to grapple then or can I just make an unarmed full attack in my next round? I'll edit a grapple check into my last post to make sure I don't get a one too.

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz will take ten on his climb check to the second story and act as posted above.

(I'm leaving again fro annother 12 days, so NPC me after this)

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:
Do I have to grapple then or can I just make an unarmed full attack in my next round? I'll edit a grapple check into my last post to make sure I don't get a one too.

You can make a full unarmed attack if you want instead of grapling, yes.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru brushed aside the creatures fumbling attempt to wrestle him down and responds with a savage bite at the blind creatures jugular as his claws rake it's body.

Power attack,
Bite: Bite (1d20+8=27) damage (1d6+12=15)

Claws: claws (1d20+8=16) claws (1d20+8=9) damage (1d4+12=16)

[ooc- how can you fumble that badly with a claw?! Seriously, I'm a massive monster beating up a blind guy, how am I missing!]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Turning his attention to cleaning up the cellar infestation, Du’minh drops his bow and picks up his heavy flail again. He slightly shifts his footing to brace himself, and prepares to strike out as soon as any of his foes are within range.

“Come and get it, you overgrown hairy goblinoids.”

OOC: Ready action to bash any enemies that come within range (I’ll just roll ahead, Power Attacking -2/+4, elevation bonus included).

'Azure' wrote:
Ick, sorry about that. It's due in part to the nature of posting, but as far as the combat goes, you've got it pretty much right.

No probs, just wanted to get an overview. How did Vivec’s attack at the fleeing thrall go last round, by the way?

16 Bonus for Attack to do
I rolled 1d20+16, the result is 22.
16 Bonus for Damage to do
I rolled 1d10+16, the result is 20.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

If Jhank'kor sees no one else tending to the sneak attacking pirate, he'll do as follows

Embracing the coolness of the wind, momentarily refreshed in every bit of his body, Jhank'kor glares at the slinking pirate. Two can play the game of surprise...

With a sharp grimace, the warlock conjures again the two-barreled gout of flames.

Scorching Rays
2 beams
Touch AC[1-fleeing pirate] 6 (now we know why he hates flayers... Sticking out tongue)
Touch AC[2-sneak attkin pirate] 13
Dmg[1] 21 fire
Dmg[2] 27 fire
Concentrate: 20

-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+-1, the result is 5.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 20.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 13.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 27.
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 21.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
How did Vivec’s attack at the fleeing thrall go last round, by the way?

Damage 3 - He knicked'm. It's OK tho, Rey wanted the Illithid to relay his face to the collective. Since there are (presumably) no other mind flayers in telepathy range, adding this flayer's brain to an elder brain is the only way to do that. Besides, now you'll have another trail of illithid blood to follow back to the portal they used.

Celler: Du'minh readies an attack. Rey does ...?

Ruin:

The grimlock holds on to Ar'dru's wrists, preventing him from using his talons, but the duthka'gith bites at the humanoid's neck. The struggling grimlock is no easy prey, however. Ar'dru manages to rip off the grimlock's ear. The blind humanoid howls in pain. [Grapple attempt: 12]

Meanwhile, the other five grimlocks rush the female soulknife. She dodges most of their clumsy attacks. She kills one with a quick counterstrike, but another lunges forward and hits her with a heavy chain, which wraps around her torso.

Jhan'kor fatally scorches the savage gith just as he raises his weapon. The armored githwarrior nods to the warlock, and tries to struggle to his feet, leaning against the archway. The warrior has a nasty gash in his leg, however, and cannot stand.

Daraz makes it up the rubble pile, and peers into the second floor. There is still quite a bit of dust in the air, but he can see five thralls still standing, all fighting a group of pirates. The pirates, however, seem to be withdrawing. The thralls, too, seem confused. They are attacking the pirates, but not with the zeal they showed back in The Heart of The Void.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 1.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 18.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 8.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OCC: let's try that again

Initiative: 23
Attack: 13
Damage: 8

ps.

Is there a feat that allows me to switch my damage & initiative rolls?

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 23.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 13.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d10+2, the result is 8.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The Celler:

Two thralls scramble up the pile of rubble and bodies that used to be a staircase clogged with thralls. One tries to reach Du'minh, but the muscular githyanki crushes his skull with a single swing of his heavy flail.

The other thrall heads for Vivec. The thrall avoids Vivec's thrust but looses its footing on the shifting rubble. The thrall falls back down the rubble pile, and very obviously hits its head on the way down. The big humanoid struggles back to its feet, then blinks and looks around as if just waking from a dream.

2 Bonus for attack to do
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 3.
Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru once again shrugs off the grimlocks grasp and begins furiously slashing at the creature, clearly frustrated that the little thrall has lasted this long.

Power attack:
Bite (1d20+8=15) damage (1d6+12=13)

claws (1d20+8=25) claws (1d20+8=25) damage (1d4+12=14)damage (1d4+8=12)

Grapple check below

12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 32.
__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Giving a brief pitying look to the last remaining thrall that stumbled before Vivec, Du’minh quickly collects his bow, the wand and any other magical gear from the dead illithid, and proceeds to move up the rubble pile that used to be the stairwell, to strengthen any friendly forces above.

”End its miserable existence, if you will. I will reinforce what allies we may have on the ground floor.”

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Bowing to the broken warrior, the chal whirls in the same movement and whispers the age-worn word of hate. Thus, the cloaked figure transforms into a bolt of shimmering silver, an arrow aimed at the direction of the lost lady.

Taking my move action (plus 30ft increase) as well for this round.

Spot: 9
Listen: -4 (ish...)
Search: 10

-5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+-5, the result is 9.
I rolled 1d20+-5, the result is -4.
-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+-1, the result is 10.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Rey solemnly nods, and goes for the killing blow.

OOC:

Initiative:20
Attack: 9
Damage: 8

Ben, quit bragging about Cha - that's so cliched - nothing turns a woman on these days like Wis, - aww yea.

And yea, that's a Nat 1 on attack- let's hope he doesn't end up falling on the thrall

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 20.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 9.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d10+2, the result is 8.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The Ruin:
Ar'dru breaks the grimlock's grip and tears the muscular humanoid to bloody shreds in his rage.

The soulknife backs up, pulling the grimlock with the chain towards the archway. The maneuver creates a bottleneck in the archway, as grimlocks stumble over dead bodies and each other. The armored githyanki warrior, still on his knees, lashes out at one of the grimlocks, severing its leg in a single sweep of his sword. Another grimlock lashes out at the scent of grimlock blood and clubs the githwarrior with a set of heavy manacles.

The Lot:
Jhank'kor crosses the ash- and blackened corpse-strewn lot and climbs the wall at the point where the sorceress in black stood moments before ... [make a sense motive check before I describe the scene]

The Celler:

Du'minh looks for a place to climb out of the celler. By climbing to the top of the rubble pile, there is a place where he can make the first floor, but it will be tricky [make an untrained climb check DC10]

Vivec charges down the rubble pile towards the thrall. The bugbear looks at him blankly for a second, then picks up a brick and throws it at his head. Vivec manages to dodge the brick, but loses his footing and slides town the rubble pile to land painfully at the bottom. The bugbear picks up a large mass of rubble, perhaps seventy pounds worth of bricks and morter, and lumbers over with it raised to crush Vivec like a bug ... [Rey'arteb is laying at the bottom of a pile of rubble AND DEAD THRALLS remember...]

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 2.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 1.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 11.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 16.
Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru snatches up his blade again before it can be lost amidst the melee. As he lifts the blade he strikes out at the grimlock attacking the wounded warrior, slashing the humanoid vertically from groin to throat.

Power attack- Attack (1d20+12=26) Damage (1d10+23=27)

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

same mod??

If so... sense mot: 11

-5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+-5, the result is 11.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Take 10, if possible. (resulting in 11)

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The Lot:

Jhank'kor surmounts the back wall of the lot. On the other side is an alleyway. The alley is currently filled with Athasian gith. The savages turn in the warlock's direction and grip their weapons as soon as he appears. Jhank'kor does notice one thing about these gith, however. Unlike the other savages who wore copious amounts of bone jewelry and bone armor, these savages wear a hodge-podge of tattered rags, mostly of leather but some look like they stole the clothes off of various dead planars. They are armed, almost to a man, with spears tipped with sharp shards of volcanic glass.

The Ruin:

Ar'dru retrieves his sword and proceeds to cleave a grimlock thrall nearly in two. There are now only two grimlocks remaining, both attacking the female soulknife. One still has his chain wrapped around her torso, the other is trying to hit her with a heavy hammer with a stone head. As he charges forward, the female githyanki ducks his swing and stabs her mindblade up through the grimlock's jaw and into his brain, killing the thrall instantly. The thrall with the chain siezes the opportunity to wrap some of the chain around the soulknife's neck, and begins throttling her.

Meanwhile, Du'minh very carefully begins to climb out of the ruined stairwell.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 9.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Smiling at the irony, Jhank'kor mentally notes, This is not my day...

Bearing no real love for the savages--and seeing them as a hindrance to finding the gal--Jhank'kor glares at them and growls.

Where is the lady?!

If they do not cooperate, the warlock unloads a fury of electric torment.

Diplomacy was never Jhank'kor's strong suit. Laughing out loud

Readied Lightning Bolt
concentrate: 16
Dmg: 39 electricity
Ref DC: 17
Intimidate: 30 (ticked, injured, and thwarted...I don't want to mess with him Shocked)

Search(for lady): 7 (at least I got a positive bonus this time. Sticking out tongue)

-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+-1, the result is 2.
11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 16.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 8d6+7, the result is 39.
14 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+14, the result is 30.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 7.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jhank'kor stands on the wall, dried and fresh blood on his face and scalp, arcane electricity dancing between his fingertips. The gith closest to Jhank'kor lets out a frightened yelp and runs. The rest of the tribe, about a score of gith, were already withdrawing down the alley, and at the sound of the alarmed yelp they double-time it to get away.

Jhank'kor looks around for any sign of the sorceress in black. He sees her, walking away but leaning on a pair of savage gith. She turns and glances back at Jhank'kor, before the trio passes out of sight around a corner. There are nearly twenty savages between her and Jhank'kor, and while they are retreating, the ones closest to the sorceress remain very alert for any attack. Jhank'kor (wearing an Amulet of Tounges) catches an oft-repeated order spoken among the Athasians, "Protect the Chief."

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Clearly viewing the task as somewhat beneath him Ardru swats at the final grimlock with his blade hoping to end this pointless struggle with the thralls.

(greatsword)[Attack or full attack if possible]
Attack (1d20+12=17) Damage (1d10+23=29)

(bite)Attack 2 (1d20+12=19) Damage (1d6+12=16)

[edit- If he was within range I would have cleaved into this grimlock after I killed the other here's the rolls if it was possible-

Cleave attack (1d20+12=31) Critical roll (1d20+12=25) Damage (1d10+23=32) damage from critical (1d10+23=26)

So basically if I got to cleave that critter's paste.]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Mindful of the githyanki in front of the thrall, Ar'dru strikes at the grimlock with the hilt of his sword. The duthka'gith caves in the front of the humanoid's face with a strong blow.

The female githyanki acknowledges Ar'dru's aid and introduces herself briefly as she removes the dead thrall's chain. "Telas-Niah, mind-warrior of ... once of the Band of Bronze, now an exile. Did the ghaik escape, Son of Fire? Was the collapse of the stairs your doing?"

The other githyanki looks seriously wounded. He has a severe gash in one leg, and there is blood leaking from somewhere under his armor. The grimlock's recent attack has left him with a bleeding scalp, and possibly a cracked skull. He is barely consious at the moment.

Du'minh, climbing up to the first floor, recognizes the wounded warrior as his battle-brother, K'dar.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"I am the Saekk-th’Vikch mind-warrior known as Ar'Dru. The ghaik in this area have been slain by my party, it was my Rish-i Chal companion who brought down the stairs." Replies Ar'dru "You fought well cousin, and do our shared blood much honor. Do you also have talents which may aid our injured brethern here?"

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"Alas, I do not. My association with this warrior is mearly by chance. I fear many sons and daughters of gith have perished this day." Telas-Niah looks to the lot and the charred and hacked-up bodies, some still wearing githyanki armor. "It has indeed been an honor watching you fight, warrior, and I thank you."

She sees Du'minh climbing up to the ground floor, and walks over to help him. "I assume then you are the Rish-i-Chal that Ar'dru spoke of? Good show, warrior, you crushed at least a dozen thralls in that collapse. I was afraid that we had failed when I saw the last githyanki holding the stairs fall." She helps Du'minh to his feet and bows. "I must go, there are certain ... associates of mine whom I last saw fighting in the Heart of the Void. I must see if they survived ..."

Du'minh recognizes the wounded warrior as his warband brother, Gish K'dar.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Knowledge(History)[who's da boss]: 23

Sense Motive(what's her condition): 17

Spot(her race): 12

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 23.
-2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+-2, the result is 17.
I rolled 1d20+-2, the result is 12.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Meanwhile, in the Cellar, Rey thinks quickly, and begins the incantations of a spell; hoping to get the spell off quickly, but ready to try and spring out of danger, should the Thrall decide to drop its load upon him.

OOC:

Casts: "Command" on Thrall- Rey commands him/her/it to fall to the ground, hoping that the load it is holding falls atop.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/command.htm

Concentration:16
Initiative: 26
Reflex Save, (should the thrall manage to throw the rubble on him before he casts the spell): 15

For Will Save DC: 10 (+1(level spell) +5 (Wisdom Modifier)) = 16? Plz lemme know if I did that correctly.

9 Bonus for Concentration to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 16.
11 Bonus for Reflex to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 15.
10 Bonus for Initiative to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 26.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Trias' wrote:

Concentration:16
Initiative: 26
Reflex Save, (should the thrall manage to throw the rubble on him before he casts the spell): 15

For Will Save DC: 10 (+1(level spell) +5 (Wisdom Modifier)) = 16? Plz lemme know if I did that correctly.



Yep, that's it. Will save DC16. Bugbear will save bonus +1 ... = 11!
.

The bugbear 'trips' over a 'brick' and falls flat on it's face, the mass of rubble falling about three feet in front of it. As it tries to right itself, it's hand 'slips' and it falls down again. The effect is mildly comical, but Rey'arteb knows it is only temporary.

1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 11.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:
Knowledge(History)[who's da boss]: 23

Sense Motive(what's her condition): 17

Spot(her race): 12



Knowledge:local - Result: Yes, that must have been Obsidian Orb, leader of the Black Spear Clan gith, desert raiders turned portal raiders operating out of Git'riban. It's also known they are enemies of the other Athasian gith tribe in Git'riban, the Bone Clan.

Sense Motive - Result : She looks drained, but well protected.

[That's the problem with girls with big families, if you want to date the girl you've got to date the family too. :)]

Spot - Result : She's basicly wearing a black burka. You could barely tell it was a lady until she raised her arms. She was wearing a black cloth over her nose and mouth, and in the alley you only saw her right side. But she looked like a gith, and it follows logically that she's the same race as the Athasian gith.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
[That's the problem with girls with big families, if you want to date the girl you've got to date the family too. :)]

Oh yeah, tell me about it. I've been trying to do that in real life; sure makes quality time interesting when you spend the evening molding playdough. Laughing out loud

Any flames in close vicinity? Jhank'kor will light the fireworks this time if so...

Pyrotechnics + move back to crew
Concentrate: 29
Spellcraft(An obsidian orb Eye-wink: 25

Tipping his cowl's edge like a hat brim, Jhank'kor lets his other hand flutter in an elaborate arcane gesture, breathing her name with an eldritch sigh. Obsidian Orb...

The world in front of the chal flashes into a swirl of onyx-hued smoke and flares arching to fill a spherical area of air with a black circle, sheltering the clan's escape and cloaking his descent back into the lot.

11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 29.
15 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 25.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Not questioning his luck, Rey wastes no time and springs into action, once again trying to finish off the Bugbear.

OOC:
Initiative:17
Attack: 13
Damage: 3

I should have just made an "Inflict" touch attack...

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 17.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 13.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d10+2, the result is 3.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

DP

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

”K’dar! By all the psychic storms of the Silver Void!”

Du’minh rushes to crouch by his long lost battle-brother, supporting him and trying to get a better look at his wounds.

“Gith’s Blade, don’t you die on me! I will slay a thousand ghaiks before letting you go!

Du’minh produces the strongest potion of healing he is carrying, uncorks it, and carefully trickles the magical liquid down the mouth of his warband brother.

Turning to Ar’dru and the mind-warrior, Du’minh gives them a grim look of determination.

“Our mission here is done. Mine is, at least. I’ll bring every blasted building of Git’riban down on the illithids, if need be, but I will not let this man die. There is nothing but dead flayers in my wake, and the time for withdrawal is now.

If K’dar seems visibly restored in health, Du’minh will help him to his feet, and support him if needed.

OOC: Ouch, there goes 750 gp, but you gotta take care of your own, ya know?

5 Bonus for Healing to do
I rolled 3d8+5, the result is 22.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh nods in acknowledgement to the mind-warrior.

“Yes, I am Du’minh of fortress Nor’mujin. It was not an easy task making a stand against such numerous forces – you have done well, mind-blade. Mark my words, this is only the beginning - I will have every last sodding street of Sigil stained with the blood of the Enslavers for this aggression.”

“I will be at the Heart in due time myself, following up on investigating the attack. I wish you luck, Telas-Niah, and hope we meet again.”

OOC: Take note, Ben, you gotta do it the githyanki style. Panicked stalking is out, soldier-like manliness is in Eye-wink

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"Du ... Du'minh ... " K'dar gains some strength from the potion, but his wounds are grevious, and Du'minh can see that there is a lot of blood trickling down underneath K'dar's armor. "I was ... to warn you ... ghaik on the move ... *cough* ... pointless now."

He motions to Du'minh to come closer and whispers low so that the others cannot hear [Ar'dru's got good ears tho, DC12 listen check to hear this] "That one ... Telas-Niah ... exiled ... treason ... the sons of Zerthimon ... *coughs up some blood* ... sh ... sharpshadows ... Grazz the ... Ack ... Accursed ... knows more about ... Illithid House ... than he should ... find ... *coughs up some more blood* ... find the Accursed ... find out ... why did ... the ghaik stage ... such a large raid ... Du'minh ... be careful ... he may ... serve the ghaik ... deep in ... our plans too ... could damage ... could ... *coughing fit, puking up blood*"

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Trias' wrote:
Not questioning his luck, Rey wastes no time and springs into action, once again trying to finish off the Bugbear.

OOC:
Initiative:17
Attack: 13
Damage: 3

I should have just made an "Inflict" touch attack...

Rey advances on the prone thrall, blade drawn. The bugbear tries to scramble away on all fours, and Rey's slash only manages to hit it in the back of the leg. The bugbear scrambles to its feet and tries to run away. [Attack of Opportunity here ... ]

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Any flames in close vicinity? Jhank'kor will light the fireworks this time if so...

There's still enough smoke in the air, Jhank'kor pulls it off.

Daraz jumps down from his perch on the second floor and joins up with Jhank'kor. "The few remaining thralls and pirates are scattering. Perhaps a few thralls will make it into Sigil, but I doubt it. Looks like another victory for the children of Gith." He looks at the warlock, "You might want to get cleaned up. You look like you just gave Baator the laugh."

As they approach the archway, Daraz looks at the wounded warrior, "We'll never get back to Gith Lane this way without some climbing. I think we'll have to go back the way we came."

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh listens carefully, dread spreading across his face at K’dar’s implications. He takes a closer look back at Telas-Niah, though without staring. Does she bear any marks that designate her allegiance?

Has this one… Has this woman betrayed her kin in favor of the Traitors of Two Skies?! Does K’dar suspect her of being a githzerai agent?! I will have the truth, one way or another!

The Rish-i-Chal keeps on his guard, renewed suspicion keeping him vigilant.

“Easy now, my brother. I will escort you back to my abode, then we can talk more when you have recovered...” Lowering his voice to a whisper, Du’minh adds: “… and we are certain no enemies of the People are listening.”

Looking back inside the building, Du’minh calls out for aid:

“Vivec! We need your healing touch up here!”

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The Assasin of Assasins is embarrassed - a bugbear thrall should not be that much trouble, despite his shockingly bad fortune.

Give me a minute! he calls back up to Du'minh.

Angered, he tries to make sure the thrall doesn't get away alive. He drops his bastard sword, and decides to take matters into his own hands...literally.

OOC:
AoO Unarmed Strike (-1/-1) - so I'll make 2 attack rolls at +6 each

Init(if needed): 18
Attack 1: 23
Attack 2: 21 = 23 -2 (for extra attack)
Damage 1: 8
Damage 2: 5

Oh baby; forget the bastard sword, I've got fists of steel!

Finally, for future endeavors - I was wondering if it was possible for Rey to cast an 'Inflict' spell, then use an Unarmed strike in the same round ... my goal being to add the damage bonus of the Inflict atop the Unarmed strike (which counts as a touch attack?).

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 18.
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 23.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+2, the result is 8.
I rolled 1d6+2, the result is 5.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Trias' wrote:
for future endeavors - I was wondering if it was possible for Rey to cast an 'Inflict' spell, then use an Unarmed strike in the same round ... my goal being to add the damage bonus of the Inflict atop the Unarmed strike (which counts as a touch attack?).[/]

Sure, why not?

Rey leaps on the bugbear's back and pounds it's head until it collapses in a bruised and bloodied heap ... then pounds it some more. He stands again with satisfaction, but then something catches his eye. A large cranium rat is sniffing a blot of illithid blood at the other end of the celler.

No, wait, make that two ... three ... three cranium rats.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
Du’minh listens carefully, dread spreading across his face at K’dar’s implications. He takes a closer look back at Telas-Niah, though without staring. Does she bear any marks that designate her allegiance?
She dresses as a githyanki, though she wears no armor. She has a few gemstones that may be psi crystals. There are some magic auras coming from her gear, about what Du'minh would expect of a well armed plane traveling githyanki.

Some of her gear still bears polished bronze discs as clasps, buckles, and artistic accents, the marks of the Band of Bronze. The Band of Bronze is a large warband known for producing elite psi-warriors and fighters.

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Scenario 1:

If they are within striking distance for this round, Rey moves and attacks immediately, calling out to his allies for help (in case there are more than 3): VERMIN!!!

OOC:
Initiative: 28
Attack 1: 23
Attack 2: 23 = (25-2)
Damage 1: 3
Damage 2: 3

Scenario 2:
If they are not within striking distance, Rey hides, and moves towards them, trying to get a better view, to see if there really are 3, or perhaps more in the shadows.

OOC:

Hide: 36
Move Silently: 32
Search: 15
Spot: 21

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 28.
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 23.
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 25.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+2, the result is 3.
17 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+17, the result is 36.
13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 32.
1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 15.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 21.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Trias' wrote:
Scenario 1:

If they are within striking distance for this round, Rey moves and attacks immediately, calling out to his allies for help (in case there are more than 3): VERMIN!!!

OOC:
Initiative: 28
Attack 1: 23
Attack 2: 23 = (25-2)
Damage 1: 3
Damage 2: 3

[/]



Assuming Rey has a pair of throwing knives or daggers handy ...

Rey'arteb pins two of the cranium rats to the floor. The third lumbers off, somewhat slowly, down the ramp in the direction the thrall fled with the head.

As Rey approaches the rats to retrieve his throwing blades, he notices that the first rat looks like it's been dead for more than a week. The second rat is missing its hindquarters, but still scratching at Rey's blade.

Rey'arteb knows undeath when he sees it. A faint mist seems to creep into the celler from the damp walls ...

Then he hears it, the distant yet approaching sound of innumerable claws skittering across stone.

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
“Our mission here is done. Mine is, at least. I’ll bring every blasted building of Git’riban down on the illithids, if need be, but I will not let this man die. There is nothing but dead flayers in my wake, and the time for withdrawal is now.

Ar'dru looks at the Rish-i-Chal with what other races might think was sympathy, "I understand cousin, you have fought well and thus earned this brief reprieve to tend to our kin. If you wish I can carry your fallen brother to safer location."

Glancing back to the collapsed stairwell Ar'dru continues, "Was there any hint of where the ghiak were headed? The rest of our group should continue the hunt, at least until we discover the creatures lair."

[en check below]

Remaining silent over what he overhears Ar'dru turns to the mind-warrior. "Must you leave so soon Telas-Niah? Unless your allies are in dire need we should not repeat the mistake of Zerthimon and cease our hunt while the enemy yet live and your talents would be most welcome"

[ooc- not the most subtle of creatures is he]

[/]
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 13.
__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:
"Must you leave so soon Telas-Niah? Unless your alies are in dire need we should not repeat the mistake of Zerthimon and cease our hunt while the enemy yet live and your talents would be most welcome.

"Dire need? Dire is every day that the illithid blight the multiverse." Telas-Niah locks eyes with Ar'dru in an intense stare. "Any child of Gith who forsakes allies while the Great Enemy still thrives is not only a fool, but often a dead or enslaved fool as well."

"Besides, warrior," her expression softens, "I believe this was the last group of ghaik. The others either fell or escaped quickly."

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.