This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: Blades of Git'riban : Primal State

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

3118 posts / 0 new
Last post
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jhank'kor glares at the red sphere and mutters. Of all the Nine, not again!

So much for haste...8 initiative
Will save: 20
Activated Githborn Talisman
Knowledge(planes): 18

3 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 8.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 20.
15 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 18.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:
Knowledge(planes): 18

When the "rubble pile" pulls itself up to a towereing 9' height, and six long tenticles lash outward, Jhank'kor knows he faces an unusual foe he's heard of but has never faced: A Urophion.

Jhank'kor knows how the illithid breed, starting off their lives as slimy tadpoles until allowed to burrow into the skull of a humanoid creature. No known examples exist of successful ceremorphisis in non-humanoid creatures, except one. Somehow, a monsterous cave preditor known as a 'roper' proves a viable host species. The result, the urophion, combines the mind and psionic powers of an illithid with the physical prowres of a roper. They are very rare, and used almost exclusively as sentries. Their lot is solitude and dreary service to the elder brains, being a creature barely considered illithid by the illithid.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

And everyone said...My, what a big eyeball you have! Laughing out loud

Jhank'kor's eyes widen at the sight of the fell beast before a sheen of silvry blue coats their lenses. Another vile freak!

Chew on this, you overgrown strand of ghaik poop!

Cast Ice Storm; move action to descend latter
Concentrate: 28
Dmg: 27bludgeoning+22cold+13bane=62 total (No save)

Speed reduced in chamber to 1/2; -4 listen(and I hope there's some penalties to spot with all that hail and frost blowing around!)

The effect lasts for one full round, though damage is taken only once.

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 28.
11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 3d6+11, the result is 27.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+7, the result is 18.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+4, the result is 13.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jhank'kor climbs down the ladder quickly, but before he's gone a quarter of the way to the bottom, two icicle-coated, whiplike tenticles wrap around a pair of rungs only a few feet above Jhank'kor's head. The urophion drag/scuttles it's bulk over the hole, a baleful red eye the size of Jhank'kor's head searching for him in vain.

Though the urophion can't see him, Jhank'kor has nowhere to go. Four more strands lash down the ladder feeling for him. Jank'kor's only choice is to let go...


[oh ... and BTW, make a DC15 will check, or the urophion just "heard" everything you've been thinking for the past couple of minutes.]

0 Bonus for tenticle attack to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 11.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 3.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Bracing himself for the inevitable, Jhank'kor flashes a jagged grin.

SURPRISE!!!

A bolt of sonic intensity ripples past the flailing tentacles before the raven character leaps for the cobbled ground below...

Sound Lance
Concentrate: 23
Touch AC: 15
Dmg: 54sonic+12bane=66 total (refl half vs DC 19)
Will save: 20
Sense motive(size opponent's health): 6
Jump: 8

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 23.
11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 15.
I rolled 8d8+11, the result is 54.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+4, the result is 12.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 20.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Reflex save

5 Bonus for reflex to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 21.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jhank'kor drops down the ladder, casting a spell as he falls. The drop is still all of twenty feet, and the warmage tries to roll with the hard landing. Some thirty feet down the ladder grope the tenticles, become impossibly thin strands as they reach further and further ...

One of the strands lashes around Jhank'kor's left ankle and lifts him up, pulling him back up the ladder to the waiting urophion, thirty feet above.

[The strand/tenticle extrudes a paralytic poison, fort save DC19 or take 2d8 str damage. A DC 24 Escape Artist or DC 20 strenth check will allow Jhank'kor to escape, as will sundering the strand.]

9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 22.
0 Bonus for attack to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

At the risk of tangling with the creature further, Jhank'kor reaches out and grabs at a tentacle, electricity dancing from his palms...

Shocking grasp
Touch AC: 21 (glad I did those chin-ups at the academy Laughing out loud)
Concentrate: 30
Dmg: 26 electric + 5 bane=31 total (no save)
Fort Save: 13

Will edit my action on the result of how much strength damage I take...

5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 21.
13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 30.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 5d6+7, the result is 26.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 5.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 13.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

As little as his other spells seemed to affect this monstrosity, the electricity seems to have no effect whatsoever.

Jhank'kor can feel the creature's mirth, and it's hunger. Now halfway up the ladder, Jhank'kor watches as a rift opens up in the urophion's stalagmite-like body. The rift soon reveals itself as the creature's mouth. Row upon row of little triangle-shaped teeth line the cavernous maw, large enough to engulf an ogre's head.

The maw salivates in anticipation...

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

One last effort to deal with this monstrosity before the inevitable arrives, Jhank'kor draws deep from the magnificent robes he wears, harmonizing to its adamantine essence. With a cool steadiness washing over him, the warlock smiles and intones the word his master had given him for such dire straights.

Hta'ghaik

Die 'Flayer


Blade Barrier
59 force damage, 5' cylinder from base of floor up to critter...vestment allows Jhank'kor to take no dmg if flung into it.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 15d6+0, the result is 51.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Blades of magic whirl through the air, slicing the strand, but shattering with arcane sparks whenever they encounter the urophion's stony hide. Jhank'kor falls again, but this time, instead of whipping the other strands at him, the odd ghaik plunges into Jhank'kor's subconscious mind.


"Forget."

"There was no sentry."

"You found nothing."

[DC15 will save to resist the suggestion]

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jhank'kor plummets to the rough floor, fighting gravity and the ghaik...

Rotating as he falls, the warmage points an accusing finger at the stony creature and cackles.
Unlikely! Burn, beast!!

An orb of crimson fire whirls into the darkness, aimed at the leering maw.

Orb of Fire
Concentrate: 21
Touch AC: 13
Dmg: 39 fire + 5 bane =43 total (ref. 20 half)

Refl vs fall: 25 (nat 20)

Will save: 21

4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 21.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 13.
I rolled 8d8+7, the result is 39.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 5.
5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 25.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The flaming orb hits the moster full in the "face". The creature screeches in pain and frustration. Through their mental connection, Jhank'kor tastes brimstone. The ground rushes up to meet him, but Jhank'kor manages to roll clear of the base of the ladder just as five long strands whip down to try to snare him again. They withdraw up the ladder, and the urophion does not try to follow Jhank'kor down.


[Heh heh, you gonna walk under that ladder again and look up to see if it's gone?]

5 Bonus for ref save to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 14.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Is it an odd point to make that we share the same reflex save? Laughing out loud

Sensing its distaste for flames, Jhank'kor kneels and pops a fireball at the edge of opening in the roof.

Fireball + five foot step backward (not under ladder Eye-wink
Dmg: 28 fire + 3 bane =31tot (refl vs 19 half)
Concentrate: 14
Listen: 13

7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 8d6+7, the result is 28.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 3.
13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 14.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 13.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Another screech and the sound of the urophion scrambling away from the hole inform Jhank'kor that he has indeed found the creature's one weakness. Still, if it retreats from the chamber, there is no way Jhank'kor can hit it without climbing up the 30' ladder, and the monster sensed his approach the first time...

5 Bonus for reflex to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 20.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Smiling in vile contentment, Jhank'kor moves another five feet away and sits cross-legged, his back against the damp wall. Intoning a few words, the chal summons a ball of fire at the ladder's top and points his finger up and toward the direction of the wailing beast... This should be fun...

The warlock cocks in his head sideways to listen for the creature's whimpers...

Flaming Sphere 30ft increment
Concetrate: 23
Dmg: 14 fire + 7 bane= 21 tot (Refl vs 18 neg)
Listen: 18

8 rnds of flaming rolly polly Laughing out loud

Jhank'kor plans to roll the ball around the small room, chasing the beast as long as he can. With the Medium range, I should be able to give this bugger a good show...

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 23.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+7, the result is 14.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 18.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:
Listen: 18

8 rnds of flaming rolly polly Laughing out loud

[/color][/size]

Sounds of frenzied movement from above receed, and Jhank'kor realizes the urophion must have fled the chamber when the flaming sphere manifested.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Listen checks to pursue: 18, 18, 20 (nat. 20)

If he feels the critter isn't close anymore, he'll use another move action to reach top of ladder...

...Otherwise, if the beast is merely flailing about, Jhank'kor (no need to concentrate on the first one, merely move as a move action) will summon a second sphere at the base of the ladder

Either way, that ball is trailing the sucker with a 30ft speed.

I know; EVIL

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 18.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

[Ben and I have been having fun, but I don't want to leave everyone else out ... ]

Du'minh and Ar'dru help K'dar back to the heart of the Void. In the square are a few githyanki, still desecrating the remains of illithids and their thralls before the dustmen collectors can arrive. An armored githyanki, the same one that had leapt from the balcony of Haven Port into the fray, is going from body to body. He takes the blade from one body and presses it into the dead hand of another, and repeats. With each, he tells the corpse of the deeds of the blade's previous owner in the battle. He is performing the Khiin-chast, the ritual of rememberance. Two githzerai in the square perform a similar ritual for their own slain kin, but instead of handing off blades, each takes an easily-pocketed item from the dead for himself.

Only a short distance further down Siver Void Street, they turn off into an alley that climbs a broad set of stairs. The alley dead-ends with the door to a rather narrow two story building.

They enter into Du'minh's spartan abode. Laying his battle-bother on his own bed, Du'minh notices that some of K'dar's wounds, the leg wound especially, appear beyond the power of the curative magics he has thusfar recieved, though the bleeding has stopped.

His strength is much returned, if not his mobility, but K'dar's breath still comes in gasps.

"May Silver Eyes ... guard your back ... duthka'gith ... thank you ... for your aid."

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Yes, I was afraid it was turning into a two man show...but I think this will have some significance for the party soon enough.

That said, I hope the others don't feel I've crowded them out of the lime light...roleplay it up! I want to hear some fine tales from you crazy cutters when we meet at the Haven Port Inn. Smiling

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:
Listen checks to pursue: 18, 18, 20 (nat. 20)

If he feels the critter isn't close anymore, he'll use another move action to reach top of ladder...

...Otherwise, if the beast is merely flailing about, Jhank'kor (no need to concentrate on the first one, merely move as a move action) will summon a second sphere at the base of the ladder

Either way, that ball is trailing the sucker with a 30ft speed.

I know; EVIL

Well, since you DID roll a natural 20 ...

Jhank'kor no longer hears the urophion scuttling about, so he approaches the ladder again. As he puts his hand on the first rung, a few drops of something wet fall from above to drip on the stones underfoot.

There was no drip the first time he climbed the ladder.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Arching an eyebrow, the warmage raises a hand to press his cowl to the side and look up...

Spot: 11
Craft(Alchemy) to discern liquid's properties: 26

Readied action

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 11.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 26.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:
Arching an eyebrow, the warmage raises a hand to press his cowl to the side and look up...

Spot: 11
Craft(Alchemy) to discern liquid's properties: 26

Readied action

A drop of the liquid lands on Jhank'kor's hand. It is warm and viscous, and with horror Jhank'kor realizes it smells exactly like the breath of an illithid [i.e. b-a-d]

He sees the empty hole above, but beyond can only discern the dancing shadows cast by the ball of flame still rolling around the chamber in circles.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

His eyes widening with realization, Jhank'kor clenches his fist around the moisture. Without looking up, he points the other upward and cries once more. Hta'ghaik!

This time a bead of scarlet soars upward to create a gyre of inferno into the 20ft' chamber.

Jhank'kor casts fireball (standard action) while summoning his flaming sphere back into the chamber (move action)
Concentrate: 26
Dmg: 36 fire + 10 bane =46 total (Refl half vs DC 19; odd seeing how they are in a confined space equal to the fireball's shape--gotta love enclosed spaces Smiling

Spot: 2
Listen: 4
Search: 11

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 26.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 8d6+7, the result is 38.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 10.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 2.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 4.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 11.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:

Spot: 2

[/color][/]

[You probably didn't see this one coming ...]

Edrich flames fill the chamber above and Jhank'kor listens to the creature's shreeks with satisfaction. He guessed right, the monster hadn't fled the chamber, it retreated upwards and held onto the cieling above the hole.

With a scream, the urophion lets go of the cieling. Narrowing its body, it drops into the hole and falls down toward Jhank'kor like an oversized spear.

Unfortunately for Jhank'kor he does not see this happen until the very last second ...

[Reflex save DC 20 or this thing's gonna land on you ...]

5 Bonus for reflex to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 10.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

A rare smile came upon Du’minh’s face at the sight of his Git’riban home.

The façade displays a robust building, with seemingly nothing in the way of windows and the like, but plenty of arrow-slits and concealed openings that provide vantage points for defending the house. When passers-bys get closer, it quickly becomes apparent that the residence is built as a military installation, and its surroundings tailored to defend it. Spikes make the walls hazardous to climb, and plenty of undergrowth lines the walls, making it nearly impossible to sneak around outside the perimeters. For those of keen sight, it also appears there are numerous tripwires along the ground, except for the path leading up to the entranceway. At closer inspection one might also spot the faint trace of magical wards indicating abjurations that protect the premises, and the presence of lead blocking off divinations. Of course, cunning observers will quickly realize that these barely visible defences are meant to scare off potential trespassers, while the really fatal traps and wards are much better hidden from view.
On the backside of the building there is a courtyard, but the yard is hidden from street-level by walls overgrown with razorvine.

As the trio entered and helped K’dar to rest, Du’minh assumed a more calm attitude, and ensured that all aids in the house that could speed up his recovery, where being employed.

“Give me a moment, brother, then we can speak.”

Du’minh quickly surveys the security measures in place throughout the house, checking all the traps and wards to see if anything has been tampered with. Assuming he finds everything to be in order, he introduces Ar’dru to the central chambers on the ground floor, a combination of common room and training chambers – a hint of Du’minh’s lifestyle. The walls of these chambers are lined with a variety of mundane weapons and armor, along with long hanging scrolls that recount the passages of the legends of Gith. Everything shines of a warrior who loves his craft and prides himself on his heritage.
On a table nearby lies a stack of recent issues of the prestigious newsrag The Tempus Sigilan, as well as books on a variety of incantations and spells, although they don’t seem to be written from the perspective of a mage.

“Welcome to my home, Ar’dru. There is whetstone and any tools you may need to maintain your gear, and further down you will find water and sanitation to freshen up and patch wounds. I will be with you in a moment.”

Returning to K’dar in his sleeping chambers on the second floor, Du’minh closes the door behind him and pulls up a chair next to his warband commander.

“Though the hour is grim, it is good to see you, K’dar. We can speak freely now, and though you are in pain, I ask that you recount what intelligence you have for me as best you can. I have information for you as well: Sight of the Three is dead, slain by this group I have been fighting with today. What can you tell me of the attack, Telas-Niah, and Grazz?

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Jhank'kor curses incoherently as he attempts to dive away, drawing his flaming sphere after the beast...

Refl: 19...how wonderful for you to drop by; I'm sorry I don't have anything for you to lounge on..wait, I do; does my back sound good? Sticking out tongue

Oh, blade barrier is still active (up to 18minutes), as I haven't dismissed it. Eye-wink I hope he enjoys rolling into that bad boy...

5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 19.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
“Though the hour is grim, it is good to see you, K’dar. We can speak freely now, and though you are in pain, I ask that you recount what intelligence you have for me as best you can. I have information for you as well: Sight of the Three is dead, slain by this group I have been fighting with today. What can you tell me of the attack, Telas-Niah, and Grazz?

K'dar's eyes widen at the mention of Sight's demise, "So ... that was ... the head ... the healer took ... from the duthka'gith!" K'dar smiles broadly at the news, "You have ... done well ... my brother ... better ... than some believed ... you could ... but not I."

"This was not ... the only ulitharid ... to fall ... Knowledge ... was slain by ... a githzerai. I only ... know the name ... 'Zur Khaan' ... must be ... new to Sigil ... no other ... information. " K'dar closes his eyes and catches his breath for a few moments.


"Grazz ... the Accursed ... known to have dealt ... with the ghaik ... Hunted ... by Zerth and Gish ... survived ... them all ... Knows too much ... about Illithid house ... but he's helped us ... hurt the ghaik ... many times ... Don't know ... where he stands ... Du'minh ... be careful ... Grazz is deadly ... twelve assassins ... at once ... or so I've heard."


"Telas-Niah ... " K'dar trails off and gets a very sad look about him, "Call ... the duthka'gith ... he should ... hear of her ... too."

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh follows K’dar’s wishes promptly, disturbed by what he has heard already. The Rish-i-Chal calls Ar’dru to join them above, and waits for K’dar to continue.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
Du’minh follows K’dar’s wishes promptly, disturbed by what he has heard already. The Rish-i-Chal calls Ar’dru to join them above, and waits for K’dar to continue.

(When Ar'dru comes up)

"Now ... my brother ... honored cousin ... hear the tale ... of Telas-Niah." K'dar seems to be borne to a faraway place, as if telling a tale of ancient warriors, not about a woman they just saw in person.

"A great warrior ... great seeker ... one of the greatest ... at guessing ... and thwarting ... the ghaiks' moves ... Her obsession ... became her life ... until she was blind ... to all else ... Don't know ... how ... but she met ... a Zerth ... as brilliant ... and obsessed ... as she ... named Ga'z ... They became ... friends ... then lovers ... She was cast out ... hunted for her treason ... and he was hunted ... by the githzerai ... for his ... They fled ... through the planes ... but continued ... to fight the ghaik ... I had heard ... they fled ... to Pandemonium ... Saw her ... in Sigil ... didn't know ... why she returned ... alone ... Found out ... Ga'z died ... recently ... not assassins ... probably ghaik."

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru graciously accepts the hospitality offered and busily sets himself to maintaining his gear until Du’minh returns. Once he enters the room where the injured warrior lies he drops to one knee, bows his head, and places his sword on the ground between them in a show of deep apology.

"Please accept my apologies for overhearing your earlier conversation cousin. It was not my intention to pry into your warbands business uninvited however my ears are sharp and there was no chance to remove myself without drawing attention to the fact. Does this woman pose a threat to the people?"

[ooc- Clearly Ar'dru takes breaches of etiquette rather seriously]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Oh, blade barrier is still active (up to 18minutes), as I haven't dismissed it. Eye-wink I hope he enjoys rolling into that bad boy...

Well, shoot.

Du'minh takes ... 16 points of crushing damage, but the thing is finally dead bt the time it reaches him. Of course, he needs to make a DC15 str check to roll the massive monstrosity off of him ...

... and he's down 10 str points for the time being [forgot to roll that before]

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 6d6+0, the result is 16.
I rolled 2d8+0, the result is 10.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Does this woman pose a threat to the people?

"Only to ... those who ... would fight The War ... of Two Skies ... instead of ghaik."

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
Quote:
Oh, blade barrier is still active (up to 18minutes), as I haven't dismissed it. Eye-wink I hope he enjoys rolling into that bad boy...

Well, shoot.

Du'minh takes ... 16 points of crushing damage, but the thing is finally dead bt the time it reaches him. Of course, he needs to make a DC15 str check to roll the massive monstrosity off of him ...

... and he's down 10 str points for the time being [forgot to roll that before]

Ya mean Jhank'kor Eye-wink hehe!

Ouch...2 str is a beaut Laughing out loud

But only 16 dmg in a battle versus something 3CR levels higher is phenominal...though he feels like a deflated sack of potatoes. Laughing out loud

Str check: 8, 15

Wheezing as the power of his body, though only slightly better than the average berk, falls into a deathly status, Jhank'kor feebly thrusts at the felled sentry. The monster doesn't even raise up. Anger rushes in to aid his now-frail body, lending enough force to slither out in an agonizing fashion.

Welcome to the Dead Book, berk.

The mage goes about slitting open the creature with a dagger, his hands shaking, focusing on the removal of the eyeball, brain, and heart. He'll split its stomach and intestines open in search of items and gear...

When he has wrapped the organs in cloth, he'll rub a small amount of ungent onto each, pausing the deterioration of the tissue...

Use some ungent of timelessness, trying to conserve as much of the salve as possible.

Oh, I'll use the tentacles to lash things together, making them easier to carry. I figure they'll work better than ropes. Eye-wink

He'll sever the head and carry it, too, now that I think about it...everyone seems big on the whole decapitation fad. ;D

Search checks: 19, 21, 22

Oh, he'll make a quick sweep of the upper chambers (via poking his head up and listening and eyeballing it, not physically) before slipping swiftly back to his home to rest and beginning to melt down some of the bodies.
Spot:14
Listen: 20 (nat. 20)

-4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+-4, the result is 8.
I rolled 1d20+-4, the result is 15.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 19.
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 21.
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 22.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 14.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:
Listen: 20 (nat. 20)
[Wow! I guess I should give you something to hear, huh?] In the chambers above, Jhank'kor hears a noise that sounds suspiciously like two or three more urophions slowly scuttling his way to investigate the disturbance ...

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
'Benyamin' wrote:
Listen: 20 (nat. 20)
[Wow! I guess I should give you something to hear, huh?] In the chambers above, Jhank'kor hears a noise that sounds suspiciously like two or three more urophions slowly scuttling his way to investigate the disturbance ...

I would rather enjoyed hearing the sound of silence with the soft drizzle of the oozing liquids..but, since you put it that way, I'll do what I do best. "Flame on!" Laughing out loud

Appraising his work here is finished, Jhank'kor summons another flaming sphere to block the entrance to the lower tunnel and scuttles down to the tunnels, where he retracks his steps towards his most familiar haunt: Home.

Let them poke at that for 8 rnds.
Dmg (for any dumb ones): 13 fire + 5 bane = 18 total

Strength check for one more ditty: 6, 7, 8, 8, 5, 6, 16 ...7 rounds before I haul the bugger to the ladder; one round to flee--fitting for the crazy, drained mage Eye-wink

Intimidate: 21

Jhank'kor heaves a while before he positions the dissected mass at the foot of the stairs and yells to the others. Come down and join the feast! Before double-timing it away from the fastly fading ball of flame, the preserved remains lashed to his back.

7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+7, the result is 13.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 5.
-4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+-4, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+-4, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d20+-4, the result is 8.
I rolled 1d20+-4, the result is 5.
I rolled 1d20+-4, the result is 16.
16 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+16, the result is 21.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh listens worriedly to the tale of Telas-Niah, then stands and begins pacing back and forth while shaking his head in disbelief.

“K’dar, I know not what to make of this… The Great Enemy comes first, traitors second, so much is clear. The campaign heralded by the Liberator Gith is more important than the War of Two Skies. And yet… it is a war nonetheless, and those who conspire with the kin of Zerthimon are traitors. That she remains a member of the Band of Bronze, imply that they all are traitors with her.”

“… However, given the current… disarray of things… I think it may be more prudent to allow her to do her work, letting us exploit her capabilities. A hunter as experienced as you recount her to be must have some insight into the attack beyond what we know, and may become a useful tool for us. After all, she was where the ghaiks intended to go before us. I will look for her in Haven Port before our… pseudo-warband is to be assembled again.”

Turning to the half-dragon, Du’minh nods in recognition.

“Ar’dru, what do you make of all this? Do not trouble yourself with what you overheard earlier - coming clean with us merely confirms my impression that you are a man of honour, a quality you have demonstrated on the battlefield as well.”

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru nods in appreciation of the forgivness offered and rises to his feet.

"The sin of the Zerth is that of weakness, they lack the resolution to do what is needed to defeat the great enemy. This weakness of spirit is what differentiates them from the people as our blood springs from the same strong source.
If one of their number wishes to make reparation for their fathers error I shall not deny them that opportunity although the price for betrayal and cowardice is high."
The half dragon strokes his horned chin "Blood must be paid for with blood."

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
That she remains a member of the Band of Bronze, imply that they all are traitors with her.”
"The Bronze? ... No ... true to tradition ... assassins ... have been trained ... from every clutch ... to kill her ... but none ... have succeded ... She still wears ... the gear ... of a githyanki ... perhaps she doesn't ... consider herself ... a traitor ... "

Then K'dar drops the bomb,

" ... but then again ... neither do I ..."

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Benyamin' wrote:

He'll sever the head and carry it, too, now that I think about it...everyone seems big on the whole decapitation fad. ;D

Well, this particular critter doesn't have a "head" per se. Besides, I've been generous assuming you could disect it's stony hide with a 2 str.

But, that being the case, here's what Jhank'kor finds. There is still an armored githyanki in the thing's stomach, among the foul slop of less recognizable material. The armor, however, is pitted and useless, this thing must be able to digest almost anything. The only items untouched by the urophion's stomach acid are the gems. Thre are still a quite a few attached to the armor, but Jhank'kor finds (assuming he's not trying to pry the gems from the armor) a dozen loose gemstones in the monster's gizzard. Jhank'kor recognizes the cut and material of three of these as being psionic recepticles, though he cannot tell if they still contain any psionic power.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh stops pacing, and spins towards K’dar. His eyes flutter with bewilderment then burn with anger, his brain unable to process what has just been spoken. An eerie silence passes for a second, then the Rish-i-Chal speaks in a dangerously calm tone:

“… Your wounds must have clouded your mind, brother, because I thought I just heard you speaking acceptance of githzerai relations.”

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
Du’minh stops pacing, and spins towards K’dar. His eyes flutter with bewilderment then burn with anger, his brain unable to process what has just been spoken. An eerie silence passes for a second, then the Rish-i-Chal speaks in a dangerously calm tone:

“… Your wounds must have clouded your mind, brother, because I thought I just heard you speaking acceptance of githzerai relations.”

K'dar chuckles, which turns into a cough.

"Telas-Niah's sin ... was loving one Zerth ... Other than that ... she has never faltered ... in pursuit of the ghaik ... I would gladly ... face exile ... if I could ... be as effective .. a slayer as she."

Then his expression darkens, "Still ... that was before ... Ga'z's death ... Pehaps she will ... ally with the Sons ... of Zerthimon ... even though ... they sent assassins ... after her lover ... for his love ... of a githyanki."

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Infuriated, Du’minh’s frame shakes with anger, and his outburst echoes through the abode.

“You… you approve of her actions? There would be no ghaiks, had Zerthimon not shamefully betrayed the People on the Blasted Plains! His kin cannot be trusted!
We have a duty to punish those that transgress against the empire! Am I to simply ignore her crimes?!”

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
Infuriated, Du’minh’s frame shakes with anger, and his outburst echoes through the abode.

“You… you approve of her actions? There would be no ghaiks, had Zerthimon not shamefully betrayed the People on the Blasted Plains! His kin cannot be trusted!
We have a duty to punish those that transgress against the empire! Am I to simply ignore her crimes?!”

"Approve? ... Ignore? ... I ask YOU ... to do neither ... brother ... You are free ..." K'dar looks away, "Perhaps you ... are not ready ... perhaps someone else ... should approach ... Grazz the Accursed ..."

Then K'dar looks into Du'minh's eyes with grave seriousness "But there is ... no one else ... You must remember ... your hatreds ... but do not ... be enslaved by them ... The Great Enemy ... are the enemies of all ... who live and think ... Think ... my brother ... Stay cold ... and solid ... as a steel blade ... Find the Accursed ... and learn the truth ... if you can ... How did he know ... the ghaik were moving ... on such short notice ... For he warned ... the Silver Eyes ... mere moments ... before the ghaik attacked."

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Fighting hard with himself, Du’minh’s rage eventually subsides to just below the surface of his composure. He takes a deep breath and appears to begrudgingly acknowledge the new order of things… for now.

“Very well. She will remain unharmed by my hand for as long as she continues her work against the ghaiks. But at some point a reckoning there shall be… for all whom stray from the path set forth for the Children of Gith.”

“But how do the Silver Eyes tie in with all this? Has Grazz finally chosen his allegiance? Or have their searches been fruitful, and he is interested in what they hold?”

Du’minh assumes what strict formality is called for in the face of a superior, though it is evident that some of the warmth with which he used to address K’dar has been replaced with a faint seed of distrust.

“I am ready to do what is needed of me. Nothing will stand in my way, neither my hand nor my spirit will falter.”

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Dunamin' wrote:
“But how do the Silver Eyes tie in with all this? Has Grazz finally chosen his allegiance? Or have their searches been fruitful, and he is interested in what they hold?”

“I am ready to do what is needed of me. Nothing will stand in my way, neither my hand nor my spirit will falter.”

K'dar nods with a seeming understanding of something.

"Du'minh ... WE ... are the Silver Eyes ... why do you think ... we came here? ... Our warband ... has thrown in ... with the power bloc ... that is the Silver Eyes ... To watch ... to wait ... to gather intelligence ... and then to strike ... at the proper time ... these are our orders ... Not only that ... but there is a faction ... within the Eyes ... that opposes ... the War of Two Skies ... in favor ... of reconciliation ... I will not ... go that far ... yet ... But Telas-Niah was right ... about one thing ... the Great Enemy ... has many enemies ... A warrior who thinks ... a dagger is benieth him ... will die ... should his sword ever drop ... or be parried ... We must use ... The Enemy's enemies ... We must use ... every resource ... at our disposal ... What use ... is vengence for the past ... if there is ... no future?"

K'dar closes his eyes for a few moments but then grabs Du'minh's forearm, "Du'minh ... find the Zerth ... Grazz the Accursed ... find out ... if he serves the ghaik ... if he does ... do what you ... know you must ... But if not ... "

K'dar lets the last sentence trail off unfinished. He closes his eyes again and lays back.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh is left speechless for a few moments, taking K’dar’s words in and trying to figure out what to make of it. Shocked at all the revelations that have come out, he slumps back into his seat and massages his temples.

“Where does this need to fall under power blocs come from? We are one empire, the githyanki are one people! Why has this development occurred without reports to all members of the warband?”

“And the Band of Bronze, they are of the Silver Eyes too, now? Is that why I found you in the company of the soul blade?”

OOC: Denial on display here Laughing out loud

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"Focus ... on just ... one thing ... at a time ... for now ... You will have ... too many questions ... I do not have ... the answers to ... otherwise."

K'dar's voice is getting weak, it is obvious that so much speaking is tiring him out, "Find ... Accursed ... find out ... if he ... serves ... ghaik ... report ... back ... to ... me ..."

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh rises to his feet, feeling an immense emptiness inside over the many pieces left missing to the grand puzzle that has become his identity.

“I will find the Accursed, and I will have my answers, one way or another. All of them, K’dar…”

Du’minh stands by the bed of his commander for a little longer, filled with frustration. He finally turns and moves to the door, while addressing Ar’dru.

“I am sure you have many questions of your own, my friend. Let us leave him to rest, and go to the central chambers below.”

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
'Benyamin' wrote:

He'll sever the head and carry it, too, now that I think about it...everyone seems big on the whole decapitation fad. ;D

Well, this particular critter doesn't have a "head" per se. Besides, I've been generous assuming you could disect it's stony hide with a 2 str.

But, that being the case, here's what Jhank'kor finds. There is still an armored githyanki in the thing's stomach, among the foul slop of less recognizable material. The armor, however, is pitted and useless, this thing must be able to digest almost anything. The only items untouched by the urophion's stomach acid are the gems. Thre are still a quite a few attached to the armor, but Jhank'kor finds (assuming he's not trying to pry the gems from the armor) a dozen loose gemstones in the monster's gizzard. Jhank'kor recognizes the cut and material of three of these as being psionic recepticles, though he cannot tell if they still contain any psionic power.

Gotcha, I was wondering about that part wit the head. The eyeball will do. Smiling

Hm...Might have one option... blades of flame is a swift action, lasting one round

Jhank'kor, realizing his find, thrusts a series of sparks down his dagger, which roll into a steady flame for a brief span of seconds. In that time, he slices hunks of the withered armor away, hoping to burn off as much of the fluids so he can gather more gems...

Craft(alchemy) to also gather some of that stomach acid into vial(s): 26

-1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+-1, the result is 0.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 26.
Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.