This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: Blades of Git'riban : Primal State

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

3118 posts / 0 new
Last post
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OK, Jhank'kor gets a few more gems. We'll say the total is 15 gems, 5 of which MAY be psi-crystals.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azure' wrote:
OK, Jhank'kor gets a few more gems. We'll say the total is 15 gems, 5 of which MAY be psi-crystals.

Fair enough. thanks! Don't usually play a greedy character, but here's my jink-yanking mage. Laughing out loud

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

After visiting his favorite gem merchant on Transcendant Way, Rey'arteb retires to his apartment for some rest ...

... he dreams of a lovely, pale githyanki mage. She slides into his bed and kisses him on the neck. Her whispered silken voice echoes through his dreams ... "Not far at all .... " ...

Rey wakes up hours later, well rested but hungrier than a Slaad. Very little he has in his place appeals, however. He craves protien, red meat to be specific. [Rey's constitution score has gone down by 1 point, by the way - Evil DM]

And so, Rey wraps the ulitharid head in a cloth, places it in a sack with the 'hubris crystal', and walks back out into Git'riban. Some distance short of Haven Port, as Rey passes by the mouth of an alley, he hears someone try and get his attention.

"Hsst!" A figure wrapped in a dark grey cloak emerges, and Rey sees it is one of his most valuable contacts among the sharpshadows, Grazz the Accursed. "Rey. Rey, come here, I need to speak to you."

Grazz does not look good. In fact it looks like he either hasn't slept in a long time or that he just woke up from being beaten to unconciousness. Of course, Rey knows this particular githzerai pretty much constantly beats off assassination attempts (Rey himself was hired for this purpose once, before he betrayed the assassins), yet he has never seen Grazz look so harried.

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Rey approaches the figure, unsure at first, but eventually realizing that only a few bloods know his actual name.

He smiles.


Rey? Who in the nine hells is Rey? The name is Vivec, berk!

Then grows slightly serious.

You know you're not supposed to reveal your real face here! These 'yanki's will kill -

He smiles again.

well, at least they'll try...

Finally amongst someone he could really trust -though few others could truly say the same of Grazz.

So, what's the dark?.. And, are you okay? You look more shady than you normally do..

--------------------

Quote:
. he dreams of a lovely, pale githyanki mage. She slides into his bed and kisses him on the neck. Her whispered silken voice echoes through his dreams ... "Not far at all .... " ...

AHahhahahaha! We'll be making little undead-mice babies in no time!

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"Shaa! They've tried, they try, and they'll try again. I'll be greatly disapointed in my kin if I do not die violently. It is about some 'yanki's that I wish to speak to you." Glancing around in every direction to make sure they are alone, he hands Rey a small pouch full of jink.

"Not that I'm telling you your business, friend,"
he starts off using a comman phrase in the gith(zerai) language, "...but my grey mood would not be as dark, where I to *know* where these four particular githyanki walked or slept. A half-dragon with wings but no tail. A warlock with a scar over his right eye. A muscular githwarrior, more muscular than most githyanki have a right to be, with a heavy spiked flail and a bow. The last one is the most problematic, for he's not what he seems to be, but he may be with any of the others."

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Rey refuses the jink.

I have no need for it, at least not now - save it for yourself... you seem to be the one in more need at the moment.

Now, unless by some devlish coincidence, you have just described Ar'dru, Jhank'kor, and Du'minh. A war band that I happened to travel with yesterday - fighting off the gh-- Illithids from the Heart of the Void. There was also another, Daraz. Tell me, how are they problematic? I'm actually to meet them soon, to speak with this (he points to the bag). An Ulitharid, they chased into Undersigil and killed.

As an afterthought, he removes the 'hubris crystal' from the sack -
And what's this- it seems powerful, but I don't like it- would you know the significance of this- I found it on the Flayer's body.

He hesitates for a moment, as if deep in thought.

I haven't struck against them...yet -there is currently no need- they are a powerful group, and have been instrumental in killing illithids.. Speaking of which - there are rumors abound that you have become an agent for the Mind Flayers - I know this cannot be true. Explain to me where the misunderstanding has occurred. Perhaps the Illithids only believe that you are working for them?

He looks behind him, just to check if anyone's eavsdropping..
Why were the portals opened?

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Grazz's eyes widen at the sight of the head bag. "You?" A huge grin takes over his face. "You got ... how? Great Z himself!" Grazz tries to keep from being too loud.

Quote:
As an afterthought, he removes the 'hubris crystal' from the sack - And what's this- it seems powerful, but I don't like it- would you know the significance of this- I found it on the Flayer's body.

"A resonance stone. On the ulitharid you say?" His hand reaches out, but does not touch, the crystal. His brow knots in confusion as he withdraws. "The flayers make these. Hmm ..."

Quote:
I haven't struck against them...yet -there is currently no need- they are a powerful group, and have been instrumental in killing illithids.. Speaking of which - there are rumors abound that you have become an agent for the Mind Flayers - I know this cannot be true. Explain to me where the misunderstanding has occurred. Perhaps the Illithids only believe that you are working for them?
"Ha. I've made plenty of deals with the stinking 'lids, and if they ever come to *know* how much those deals hurt them in the end ..." His eyes light up with a feral intensity, "Then githborn assassins will be the least of my troubles."

Quote:
Why were the portals opened?
"Illithid house got wind that Zur Khaan [Razor of Tyrants] was in Git'riban, and they decided to jump him."

Seeing Rey's blank expression at the name, Grazz puts his hand on Rey's shoulder, "Sorry, man. That's a mind-fuck you aren't ready for yet. It'll take three minutes to explain and three hours before you stop asking questions, so we'll save it."

"Instead, why don't you tell me when and where you're meeting them, 'cuz I'd LOVE to be in the next room."

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Haven Port. Very soon. You should start on your way there: we don't want to enter together. Before you go, tell me about Du'minh - what is he hiding?

(Looking at the resonance stone)
And is there anything useful I can do with this? If not, it's going to be pawned.
OOC: And the Ulitharid's head is going to be pwned Laughing out loud Thank you, thank you, I'm here all night, folks

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Trias' wrote:
Haven Port. You should start on your way there: we don't want to enter together. Before you go, tell me about Du'minh - what is he hiding?

"No, not him, the other one that was with them, Daraz. He dresses like an outcast 'yanki, but put a beard on the basher and he'd slip into limbo no problem. Shoots a crossbow too. Know any 'yanki's who'd rather shoot a berk than gut'm up close? I've met the cutter as githzerai too, down in the sharpshadows. Never really doubted him, and that's the trouble."

Quote:
And is there anything useful I can do with this? If not, it's going to be pawned.
"I'd get rid of that right quick if you ask me, but not anywhere near Git'riban. There is something fishy about it tho. Must've made the 'tharid feel like nothing was beyond it ..."

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
Never really doubted him, and that's the trouble."
I'll keep an eye on Daraz; we both know how dangerous those characters can be. For next time - rather than try to look for you, I'll let you find me instead.

Rey stays in the alley and ponders for a while on what Grazz said last. He had the same odd feeling when he grasped the resonance stone.

Quote:
There is something fishy about it tho. Must've made the 'tharid feel like nothing was beyond it ..."

OOC: how much jink did Rey get?

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"I returned from a hunt to discover my proud city shattered, my queen fallen and my former battle brothers fighting tooth and nail against each other for scraps of the empire. Many things are grey and blurred in these times, the one constant being that the ghiak must be destroyed.
That is my solace. That is the purpose for which I was bred, And that is the goal which may unite the gith and allow us to redeem the honor which has been lost in these current struggles. Your commander was wise not to turn aside aid against the true enemy, distasteful as it may be at the time."
Ar'dru hesitantly adds, "The Zerth can be powerful allies although they must be watched carefully lest their craven natures take over."

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh walks around the room as they speak, adjusting the arms displayed and polishing armor to ensure perfect condition in his home.

“My duties have called me to remain in Sigil for so long, that I have yet to see the destruction myself… Still, it makes no sense that our brethren should degrade into this… The githyanki must remain an empire; we cannot fall to this chaos only befitting the lower races.”

“As to the Zerths… I will have nothing to do with them, though I shall not stand in their way, when they take up arms against the Great Enemy.”

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru nods thoughtfully "A safe and probably wise policy. Zerai loyalties are as shifting as the soup in which they make their homes and that name their race after a thrall speaks poorly of their potential for redemption.
Still, after seeing those I considered loyal brothers turn their backs on the empire I cannot help but wonder whether the reverse is also possible, if the strength inherent in our blood will reveal itsself given sufficent pressure."

[ooc- yes Ar'dru subscribes to that theory about Zerthimon]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: Sorry about the editing confusion, Az.

“I have faith in our people, still. We will rise above this, we will grow strong again and all of the planes will tremble before us."

“I am sorry to hear about the disorder of your warband, Ar’dru… And now mine is alleged to the Silver Eyes… Could have been worse, I suppose, the Eyes uphold the tenets of the People and gather necessary war material, though I used to dismiss the tales I heard of their hunts for relics of Gith as wishful fantasies.”

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Quote:
“I am sorry to hear about the disorder of your warband, Ar’dru… And now mine is alleged to the Silver Eyes… Could have been worse, I suppose, the Eyes uphold the tenets of the People and gather necessary war material, though I used to dismiss the tales I heard of their hunts for relics of Gith as wishful fantasies.”

Ar'dru shakes his head, "My warband was wiped out after an assault on th Ghiak. Thankfully they died with honor, never having to experience these troubled times. I refer to entire cities in the void, before travelling here I searched for those loyal to the old ways but found only warlords posessed by rampant self-interest. In the end I met two old clutch-mates and travelled here to meditate on my purpose and to listen for word of other believers.
Ar'dru cocks his head in interest at the mention of Gith's artifacts "Has your band had any success in their search for the mothers items?"

[ooc- no probs, let me know if anything I've written's now out of sequence and I'll fix it up]

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

“This development is new to me, I know little about the Eyes beyond what most do. I had not recieved reports from my band for ages, and... I am beginning to consider whether this was deliberate."

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru nods sadly "Such are the times in which we live.
Still, there are preparations to be made before tomorrow and I must take my leave. I wish to re-supply and contact my clutch-mates before we meet again
." Before leaving (assuming Du'minh doesn't have anything else to say Ar'dru turns, "Thankyou for your hospitality, I am glad there are still warriors of honor in this city."

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Du’minh walks Ar’dru to the door and disengages all security measures to allow him safe exit.

“You are welcome. There are also matters I need to attend to, before we meet again. One thing, though: I don’t trust any of the others just yet, especially the pompous chal, so keep what sensitive information we’ve talked about to yourself, for now.”

“I shall see you in Haven Port.”

OOC: What irony that it’s the others Du’minh should be particularly suspicious of, ey? Laughing out loud

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

When Ar'dru leaves Du'minh's abode, he walks back toward his own place. Not far from his door, he sees the tall robed figure of Ar-Xan waiting for him. Without looking at him, the blind sorcerer smiles at the sound of his approach.

"Ar'dru, your footfalls are music to my ears. I need to speak with you very quickly, but then I must go. Our sister has already left Sigil. We will soon have a very important visitor, and Ar-Fossch and I have been chosen to help provide security."

He pauses and listens for any hidden eavesdropers.

"The Singer of Fire, a Princess of the Ascendancy, is coming to Sigil, to Git'riban. I suspect she may also may be coming to confront the keeper of the Embassy. She arrives soon, in perhaps as little as a couple of days, but for security reasons the time of her arrival is a mystery, even to myself as yet."

"She comes to garner more support, for there are many who do not believe a duthka'gith should become Vlaakith the 158th. And so, she is prepared to gain the support of the exiles in Git'riban who would return to the People should their sins be forgiven. There may be other reasons she is coming to Sigil as well, I know not her mind."

"All we want you to do is to keep your eyes and ears open. There is a strong possibility that supporters of the other Princesses will try to strike The Singer while she is here. As a duthka'gith, you'll not blend into a crowd. Don't worry, the covert security is being taken care of. You'll just need to be around, looking intimidating and staying alert."

"There is one other thing. Another duthka'gith has very recently arrived in Git'riban from one of the incursion worlds. We have not approached him yet, so stay on the lookout for him as well. All I know of him is that his name is Lahar, and he was The Queen's Firebringer, a position of honor, for his incursion. Ar-Fossch knows more, she says that he barely looks draconic at all."

Azriael's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-07
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Ar'dru nods his assent, "I shall remain alert and ready my brother, both for threats and for news of this newcomer. How will I contact you should I discover anything? Also, you should know that a band of warriors and I killed a Ulitharid tonight. I am told that it's name was 'Sight' and that it was a member of 'Illithid house'. do you know what this means?"

__________________

"We're making a better world. All of them, better worlds." - Anonomous Harmonium Officer

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'Azriael' wrote:
Ar'dru nods his assent, "I shall remain alert and ready my brother, both for threats and for news of this newcomer. How will I contact you should I discover anything? Also, you should know that a band of warriors and I killed a Ulitharid tonight. I am told that it's name was 'Sight' and that it was a member of 'Illithid house'. do you know what this means?"

"I shall return to Sigil when The Singer of Flame comes. I doubt if you'll be able to reach me before then. And good job, clutch brother. Slaying a ulitharid is no small feat. Unfortunately I know little about Illithid House, and I doubt our sister knows any more."

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: I'm back, and I'll post what Daraz will do a bit later.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz ducks into the nearest empty aley, making certain nobody is observing him and changes to a diferent githyanki form now wearing a dark robe that obscures the face. Daraz heads towards the lower ward to steal some jink and perhaps some magical trinkets. (Azure, it would be good if you could tell me where and when Daraz sees a good mark.)

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'weishan' wrote:
Daraz heads towards the lower ward to steal some jink and perhaps some magical trinkets. (Azure, it would be good if you could tell me where and when Daraz sees a good mark.)


If you want to make some jink without so much trouble, just stiff the other PCs on what i'll give you for the githyanki weapons. The deal with NPC Daraz was that he'd take the weapons of the fallen githyanki warriors so that astral steel wouldn't fall into the hands of pirates and Athasians. Silver Void Steelworks would take them and give a fair price that would be split evenly.

If you want a solo adventure too, it sort of depends on if you are going for pickpocket or alleybasher. If you just want a 5-finger discount, roll a pick pockets/slight of hand roll and I'll describe the situation & outcome based on the roll. If you want to pick a bubber, get him stupid-drunk, and roll him for jink, make a bluff roll. If you want to follow some clerk to his door and thump him, roll for silent movement. You get the picture.

... and welcome back!

Since you've got almost all day you can roll up to 3 times. No taking 10 or 20.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz wouldn't want to cheat the rest of the party. He's not that dumb. Daraz would probably take the second option (not having any ranks in sleight of hand). 3 rolls below. Daraz would also change shape into some other humanoid each time.

ooc: (i rolled a nat 1 on the last, eep)

9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 16.
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 12.
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 10.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz walks toward the Grand Bazaar, switching identities often when nobody is around. He peruses a few travelers' inns until he finds one not very crowded, with a pick of clueless patrons. He chooses a pair of young primes, apprentice mages fleeing their world's overlord, or some similar sob story, but obviously of noble lineage by the cut of the young man's jib and the sparklies that adorn his paramour's gown and locks. Daraz plays the part of a fellow traveler, a merchant (of sorts), one more knowlegable of the planes. He is sure to start off with some very sagely advice (and when he rolls the pair, they won't be able to say he didn't warn them to trust not in appearances). Their names are Ian and Elly.

The pair are deep in their cups with sorrow for their homeland when Daraz finds them, and a small investment to the bar produces a combination of liquors. The clueless are fascinated by the Arborian Honeydew, Bitopian Brandy, and Githzerai Sck'chaak, and after a couple of shots Archeronian Rust-Swag, they are well-primed (as it were).

Daraz manages to convince the pair that he knows the perfect magic and gem shop that will give them the best price for the gear they must pawn, because of course he knows the owner personally, and the old man has a soft spot for refugees, especially disposessed nobility. This shop is near the edge of Sigil.

Of course, Daraz knows that street traffic slacks off near the edges of Sigil's ring. Few want to live with their back walls to the void atop the spire. Daraz leads them, and the loot they took from the Mages' Accademy when they fled, to a secluded spot off of Magician's Street (and so not too far from Git'riban).

Unfortunately, Daraz chooses his ambush terrain too well. Just as he approaches the spot he had chosen, he notices they are being followed. Daraz shows no sign of noticing, but he quickly counts three tieflings getting set up to jump them. The primes are the perfect blend of naieve, drunk, oblivious, and rich. Daraz is going to have some competition for these two...

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz continues to try to hide the fact he's noticed the shadows. He will move to a tight alley if he can find one to make a stand in the bottleneck (ideally, 5 feet, but 10' if works as well if such a small alley isn't readilly available.)

bluf to hide that he's notice the shadows: 10 (another nat 1)

9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 10.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz directs the two drunken primes down a thin (5') alley. However, once in the alley, one of the tieflings steps out of a side alley and blocks the way forward. The other two head for the mouth of the alley where Daraz awaits their next move. Elly sees the tiefling ahead and stops short with a frightened scream, but the chances anyone inclined to help a woman in distress on the mean streets of Sigil being within earshot are low indeed. Ian, quite a bit more drunk than his girlfriend, nearly trips over her when she stops.

The two tieflings coming from behind draw shivs and charge toward the alleyway with wolfish grins when they hear the woman's scream.

[roll initiative and declare]

0 Bonus for initiative to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 3.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

daraz draws his shortsword and moves moves to a position where he can get as many attacks of oportunity as possible. He Will use the two drunk primes and the wall as shields to prevent being flanked.

Init: 28

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 28.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

OOC: for time's sake I think It would be good to stop after this so I don't take up too much time out of party.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

The pair of tieflings advance on Daraz with blades drawn. One of them, a tiefer with red leathery skin and a long scar on his face, bares his fangs at Daraz

"So, we've got a cutter with the clueless. Nice shivs, berk. Dibs."

"Fine but I call the threads." His companion, wearing more tattered of rags, replies.

The pair spring forward blades first, but the narrowness of the alley gets in their way, as they had not come to any agreement on who would attack first. [Daraz has the initiative as well as an AOO for each attacker]

Meanwhile, Elly turns her scream into a shouted spell. Managing not to slur the verbal component, she fills the alleyway in front of the third tiefer with arcane webs. Her beau, Ian, proves less than competant. He tries to stand back up and cast a spell as well, but he is so drunk and dizzy that instead he stumbles forward and manages to stick himself to the webbing.

0 Bonus for concentration to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 11.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 1.
0 Bonus for reflex to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
0 Bonus for escape to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 4.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz lashes out at each of his two asailants. He also tries to asses thier competence in combat

attack rolls: 16 (9 damage), 33 (26 to confirm. This is a confirmed crit, correct, if so, 13 damage?)

sense motive 23 (?) to determine skill of attackers and any group they might belong to.

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 16.
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 33.
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 26.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 9.
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 6.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 23.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz's two attackers appear to be simple street-thugs, young tieflings out to rob and stab, but inexperienced and clumsy. They lunge forward together, but the narrowness of the alley causes them to get in each other's way. Daraz has little trouble avoiding their clumsy attacks, and gives eack a nick for his idiocy. Daraz catches the red-skinned tiefer on the back of the hand. The planetouched drops his shiv with a shouted blasphemy.

From behind him, Daraz hears a spell being cast in a feminine voice that is NOT Elly's. There is the sound of a quickly-growing fire, as Elly's web spell is set alight. Ian, still trapped by the webs, cries out first in panic, then in pain.

[Daraz has 1st initiative for round 2 and on.]

0 Bonus for attack to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 11.
0 Bonus for concentration to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 8.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Prologue to the Next Scene

Haven Port Inn

The Inn in the Heart of the Void has existed for a long time, longer than it has borne it's present name. The story of how the current owner arrived is well known throughout Git'riban, partially because he wants it to be well known.

Some turns ago, a group of spelljamming gith pirates made the haul of hauls. Details about the hoard are sketchy, but it most certainly contained major amounts of magic that the pirates could not use themselves. One wily pirate, the Bosun of the ship, knew a secret the others did not. The Bosun knew of Sigil, and of a portal leading there. He managed to convince the captain that the best price for the booty was to be had at a particular port. Of course, by the time the ship arrived, only the Bosun and the Cook still lived.

Bosun and Cookie settled down to a new, comfortable life in Git'riban. "Convincing" the former owner of the Inn to leave, they renamed the place Haven Port. The couple has at least eight children, who help Bosun and Cookie run the Inn. Both Bosun and Cookie are older, but still active. Their youngest child is in her 20's.

One feature of the Inn building that predates Haven Port, and indeed all of Git'riban, are the arcane pillars within. Undispellable magical symbols adorn a series of pillars in the outer walls, visible from within the building. The spells prevent all scrying and teleportation, both magical and psionic, from penetrating the Inn.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz moves to finish off the still-armed tiefling and tries to sneak a glance over his shoulder at the source of the spell.

Attack roll: 18+13, 31
Spot: 5+4, 9
Damage: 6

0 Bonus for attack rolls wi to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 18.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 6.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz opens the second tiefling's throat. The thug clutches at his neck in a vain attempt to keep his lifeblood from spilling out.

Daraz looks behind him. The last tiefling looks very much like the now-handless tiefer's older sister, with red skin and a pair of black horns on her forehead. She is dressed like a comman greenskirt [prostitute].

Elly stands paralysed with fear, as the webs burn away from the demonic-looking woman, who seems unaffected by the flames. Ian thrashes around in the burning web, screaming in pain.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d4+0, the result is 5.
I rolled 4d4+0, the result is 8.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz attacks the handless theif, hoping to finish him as well. He will then turn to face the magical threat (do you rule that SR and PR are the same or diferent. Naturally this affects what I do next rather a lot)

Attack: 15
Damage: 9

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 15.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 9.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz quickly dispatches the recently-crippled tiefling with a brutal set of cuts.

Behind him, Ian's pained screams begin to grow hoarse. "No Nooo!" Elly sobs, "Noo! Ian I'm sorry!" The prime sorceress tries to cast another spell, but her tears and the alcohol get in the way, and she fumbles it.

Daraz spins around in time to see the voluptuous tiefer cast another flame-based spell. She conjures a ball of fire that that rolls forward, clearing more of Elly's web out of the way. When it reaches Ian, he struggles further for a few more moments, then passes out from the pain, very obviously covered with third-degree burns. The web is almost totally burned away, and the tiefling strides forward confidently behind the rolling ball of flame.

But then she stops short and her eyes widen at the sight of the other red-skinned tiefling's bloody corpse. "You killed my brother! You killed Vendri, you bastards!"

0 Bonus for concentration to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
0 Bonus for ranged touch to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d4+0, the result is 3.
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 8.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

If both the teiflings are dead, Daraz turns to face the spellcaster (if the path is obstructed by too much fire he draws his crossbow otherwise he moves and attacks) if not he finishes off the teiflings.

Attack roll: 14 (nat 1)

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 14.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

sorry, simultaneous post, still editing previous post ....

Done.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'weishan' wrote:
If both the teiflings are dead, Daraz turns to face the spellcaster (if the path is obstructed by too much fire he draws his crossbow otherwise he moves and attacks) if not he finishes off the teiflings.

Attack roll: 14 (nat 1)

Daraz Pulls out his crossbow, but notices the string is frayed from so much recent use. Firing it would only endanger himself, as it could easily snap and lash his face. He has to drop the crossbow in favor of some other attack ...

Meanwhile, the tiefling's face contorts with rage, "Hey Berk!" The ball of flame rolls right past Elly and heads for Daraz.

Elley scrambles to her feet and gets out of the flaming sphere's way when it rolls by. She spins around and screams "Back to Hell, Demon!" However, in her drunken and grief-stricken state she is not able to prepare a spell in time. The tiefer points her hand toward Elly and a lace of dark fluid shoots forward and strikes the prime in the face. An audible sizzling sound preceeds Elly's screams of pain.

[Daraz must make a reflex roll to avoid the flaming sphere]

0 Bonus for concentration to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
0 Bonus for touch attack to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 4.
I rolled 2d4+0, the result is 4.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

Daraz drops his crossbow and draws his shortsword again. He will move through the flaming sphere spell if he must and will attack next round.

Attack roll: 19
Damage: 5

(OOC: hey guys, I've stolen your bad luck for the moment)

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 19.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 5.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'weishan' wrote:
Daraz drops his crossbow and draws his shortsword again. He will move through the flaming sphere spell if he must and will attack next round.

Attack roll: 19
Damage: 5

Daraz runs up to the tiefer emerging from the last of the burning webs with blade drawn. She pulls out a pair of daggers and tries to avoid the stroke, but recieves a cut on the upper arm regardless. She slashes back at Daraz with a snarl.

"You killed my baby brother, you're gonna pay!"

[ 1 miss, 1 hit for 4 damage

Daraz also takes 4 damage from the flaming sphere as he charges forward.]

0 Bonus for attack to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 4.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d4+2, the result is 4.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"Bad judgement and a lack of skill killed you brother." says Daraz coldly, taking annother swing with his sword.

Attack: 30
Damage: 5

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 30.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 5.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

'weishan' wrote:
"Bad judgement and a lack of skill killed your brother." says Daraz coldly, taking another swing with his sword.

Attack: 30
Damage: 5

Daraz gives the tiefling another cut, this time across the collarbone, and slicing part of the redskirt's bodice. The tiefling retaliates with her daggers. Once agin Daraz dodges the first shiv but the one in the tiefling's left hand catches him on the thigh. Daraz realizes that the redskirt has more than a passing skill with the blades.


[6 more damage from the stab, but the flaming sphere burns out before it can hit him again]

Meanwhile, Elly continues to scream and claw at her face, which is still sizzling under the lingering effects of the tiefling's acid arrow spell.

0 Bonus for attack to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d4+2, the result is 6.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"Your actions are ill advised, berk," hisses Daraz.

(OOC: I've rolled my next 3 attacks and damage rolls to save time.

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 29.
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 24.
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 20.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 8.
I rolled 1d6+4, the result is 5.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"Hss ... I recognize that accent, Sharpshadow!"

Daraz slices her accross the ribs. The longer reach of his shortsword over her shorter shivs allow him to dance back out of reach as he takes her apart piece by piece. At their feet, Elly still squirms on the cobbles, steam that smells of burning flesh and alkali smoking from the right side of her face and head.

"Gar! Mibix of slaad-shait! Stand still so's I kin shiv'ye Stag-turner! Feh!" She spits and mumbles a command word in a fiendish dialect. Her daggers then burst into flames. Yet the trick is no substitute for skill, still Daraz dances around her flaming shivs, then stabs her in the breastbone. The sword does not go through to her heart, but the blow stops her cold. She looks into Daraz's eyes and there is a mixture of hatred and fear.

Meanwhile, Elly starts crawling over to the burned body of Ian.

Daraz and the tiefling look at each other for a few moments, then she smiles slightly ... and stabs Daraz in the bicep.

"Life is harder than death for a Hiver, Bub! I've sliced up a few Zerth down in the nightmarket before!"

[4 stab damage, 1 fire damage (lucky berk)]

Daraz yanks his sword out of the tiefling and in a fluid motion swings it around and slices her face. She spins around from the blow and falls down, dropping her daggers. Cluching at her face with one hand, she raises her other in surrender

"Stop! Unh ... Please, I'm sorry! Gah, never should have messed with a Sharpshadow, but how were we to know? Looked like three clueless bubbers 'till we saw ya spot us! Please, don't kill me, I'll be your slave, I'll do whatever you want, just don't kill me! I can do things, I've got talents." She looks up at Daraz, blood pouring from the right side of her face.

"And then I've got TALENTS."
She winks.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 2.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 13.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
2 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d4+2, the result is 4.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 1.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"And what if you do?"

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

"They're yours! I'm yours. Please, I don't want to die! You got me shiv to shiv, but I can cast spells. Take my daggers, take everything!" She pulls out a couple of small pouches of jink from her slashed bodice and throws them at Daraz's feet. "Sell me into slavery if you want, just don't kill me. Please, Cutter?"

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Blades of Git'riban : Arson

... double post ...

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.