This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

1862 posts / 0 new
Last post
venjr's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-03-31
not

"not it"

blackthornes's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2005-04-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

*Blackthornes puts his fingner on his nose*
"Not it!"

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

With a puzzled look on his face, Naruk stares first at Encharma, then at Blackthornes. "Huh?"

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Hello?]

Fidrikon's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2004-12-19
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Ian sighs. "Bloody children."

Ian walks up to the door, and turns toward the rest of the party. "Prepare yourselves, team. This could get messy."

OOC: sorry, I'm heading to college tomorrow and preparations have had most of my attention.

Finwe's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-07-09
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Saath readies his weapon and focusses, ready for anything coming through that door.

OOC: Psionic focus: check. Mindblade turned into bastard sword shape: check. Blade charged with psychic strike: check. Shield animated and floating: check.
Yup, I think Saath's ready Smiling

blackthornes's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2005-04-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

*Blackthornes draws his rapier and gets ready for anything.*

venjr's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-03-31
yes

i knew my ingenious not it would keep me out of harms way

Encharma draws a scimitar and readies for an onslaught

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Azure draws an iron-tipped arrow.

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Ian pulls the ring, and the heavy stone door slides upwards, disappearing in a shaft in the ceiling.

Behind that, a circular room opens up, about ten yards in diameter. Three humanoid corpses lie on the floor - shredded to pieces so that it's impossible to say what races they were.

A yard behind, Blackthornes' puppy lies on the floor - obviously dead, with a gaping hole at its belly.

The walls are covered with plants and trees that have been planted into the ground - which consists of black soil. There are many spots here where someone could hide behind one of the plants.

The room's ceiling is about six yards high, made of large plates of glass that are covered in green and red twines, many of them displaying large and colourful blossoms.

blackthornes's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2005-04-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

"Little Guy!?!?!"
*blackthornes eyes go wide, and he starts run, but stops himself before he gets to the door.*
"i have to control myself.........what kind of thief would I be if I ran blindly into a room. That's barbarian behavior."
*Blackthornes clears his throat and will look around the room from the doorway to see if there's anything else, possibly lying hidden.*
OOC: search check

11 Bonus for search to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 24.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

"Fenrir's Teeth!" Azure Twilight quickly scans the scene, and pricks up his ears. Trusting no assuptions, he listens behind and about him as the party's attention is focused on the room in front. He moves slowly sideways, taking in more of the room and sweeping his arc of fire around.

"I smelled an ambush at the first fresh corpse, and now the air reeks of one. Unless someone comes up with a compelling reason not to, I'm going to start sticking arrows into each one of those plants in there in about three seconds. One. Two ..."

12 Bonus for spot to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 27.
12 Bonus for listen to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 29.
joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

On the left side, hidden behind a couple of large bushes, both Blackthornes and Azure notice a moving figure, probably humanoid. The way it moves reminds both of an animal - a stalking predator animal.

The creature slowly moves towards the door, where the group stands.

venjr's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-03-31
good idea

"perhaps we should not all just stand here in the doorway, perhaps we should enter the room and fan out"

spot check16 +3 = i got a 19

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Encharma doesn't notice anything in particular]

Fidrikon's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2004-12-19
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Ian supresses a laugh as he catches sight of the dead puppy. But his amusement quickly fades as he takes in the rest of the surroundings.

"Move back! Use the doorway as a bottleneck. We face it on our terms."

Ian steps back through the doorway, and stands ready to attack anything coming through the doorway.

Finwe's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-07-09
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Saath, never having entered the room to begin with says: 'Right... what is it?'

Saath looks into the room while ready to hack at anything should it jump out at him.

OOC: Spot check! 19+7=26

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Saath also notices the creature.]

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Everyone who wants to do something else then "wait what's going to happen", please make an initiative roll now.]

Fidrikon's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2004-12-19
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

OOC: initiative: 27
Spot check: 21

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Ian also notices the creature.]

venjr's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-03-31
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

initiative: 23

i decided to make another spot to see if i can see anything in particular

spot 20

blackthornes's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2005-04-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

OOC: Initiative!

12 Bonus for inuitiative to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 19.
joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Encharma notices nothing else of importance.

My initiative roll...]

12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 23.
joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

The creature that some in the group noticed suddenly jumps out of the bushes, claws and fang-filled mouth ready to tear any enemy apart. The monster is humanoid, with dark fur and a dog-like face. Actually, the entire body looks like Blackthornes' puppy was merged with a human... a strong human.

[OOC: Everyone who hasn't spotted the creature is flat-footed now. Those who did can act according to their initiative. Ian, you first Smiling ]

Finwe's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-07-09
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

OOC: Oops, so I was supposed to roll initaitive :shock: Oh well, it's not like Saath will ever beat Ian's:
Initiative: 2+3=5... heh.

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Initiative: 4 + 4 = 8

Azure will shout "Noise" followed by "Stay" and "Sit", just to see if anything of the puppy's mind remains, before firing.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 4.
Fidrikon's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2004-12-19
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Ian takes a few steps backward and raises his hand.

OOC: Telekinetic grapple! Can the dog monster beat a 27 grapple? I bet it can.

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Caught in mid-air by Ian's telekinetic grapple, the monster barks and growls making an almost-deafening noise... loud enough to let the very ground on which the group stands vibrate.

But the noise isn't the monster's only attack: It suddenly lashes out its tongue, hitting Blackthornes with a precise - and heavy - strike.

[OOC: Fortitude save against DC 15 for everyone to withstand the noise. Those who fail suffer 5 points of damage.

Blackthornes receives 11 points of damage from the attack (possible armour damage reductions not included)]

Finwe's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-07-09
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

OOC: Fortitude: 8+6=14 Saath takes 5.

venjr's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-03-31
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

OOC: there is no way i can fail the fortitude save
fort 3+16= 19

i think me character should be able to see the dog man now and well according to what i saw posted i am next.

i am rolling an attack

12+9 = 21 against the dog mans touch ac

rays shoot out of my eyes

my damage i will use the dice roller for.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 4.
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 1.
joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Not everyone has made their saving throws yet... MG? Azure? Blackthornes?]

Eldritch rays shoot out of Encharma's eyes, hitting the dog-like creature and making it scream up in pain. Intelligent eyes stare at Encharma, with a mixture of anger - and reproach.

blackthornes's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2005-04-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

OOC: Sorry about that, for some reason the little icon next to this thread isn't white whenthere's new posts like rest of them, I guess Im just gonna have to open it everyday. Anyways, fortitude save!

9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 14.
Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Fort save = a natural 1!

Azure Twilight drops his bow and clamps his hands over his ears.

4 Bonus for fort to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 5.
dread pirate swan's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

I'm sooooooo sorry I haven't posted lately!!! I haven't had acsess to the web for a bit. My old roommate moveed out and the web was in his name so when it got shut off it hindered me. So anyway, here's some rolls followed by some actions for when my turn happens.

Fort.16(fort.) plus 10(roll)=26
init. 4(init.)=10(roll)=14

The Masked Gnoll uses his wings to lift his massive body up off the ground while unsheathing his flindbars from his sides. There is a fiery rage in the creatures eyes and foam in and around his mouth. after getting about a foot off the ground he charges in at the dog monster.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE A KILLER?!?! TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN, EH?!?! I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT IT TRUELY MEANS TO BE A PREDITOR!!!"

I'm making a charge attack, but also using combat expertise to aply the +2 to my ac instead of attack roll, making my ac 32.

attack. 21(attack bonus)+17(crit. roll)=38
conform crit. 21+13=33

damage=4(Roll)+13=17damage, x2 for crit.=34 damage

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Glad to have you back! I was close to taking over your character to get the game going again... a thing I really don't like to do.

I'm a bit out of time right now, but I'll make my next post within the next 1-2 days.]

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Sorry for the delay. Here we go!]

The Masked Gnoll charges at the dog-monster, his weapon making a wide arc hitting the creature's jaw from below, and smashing its' head upside - followed by the sound of breaking bones.

Just a split second later, the creature's body swells - and explodes. Bones, blood and intestines smash against the walls as well as against the adventurers, but that's not all... the creature's bloody remains are mixed with a green acid that quickly begins to burn through everything it touches.

[OOC: Everyone inside the room, please make a Reflex saving throw for half damage. Everyone outside the room, make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the entire damage.

Those who receive full damage get 12 points of damage.]

dread pirate swan's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

9(reflex)+2=11. I bet I take the full damage haha.

dread pirate swan's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

9(reflex)+2=11. I bet I take the full damage haha.

dread pirate swan's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-21
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

9(reflex)+2=11. I bet I take the full damage haha.

venjr's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-03-31
ok

OOC ok no where i posted said entered the room , so cool here is my save

i rolled a: 6 + 16 = 22 i got a twenty two on my save

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: I'll continue already, but those who didn't yet please still make your rolls.]

Inside the bloody remains of what was the dog creature, a tiny golden light shimmers softly...

Azure's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2006-05-17
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

Reflex Save

11 Bonus for reflex to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 28.
venjr's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-03-31
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

hmmm golden light i dont believe that i should run up and grab it

encharma does nothing

Finwe's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2005-07-09
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

OOC: I don't think Saath was in the room yet, so here's the roll
Ref: 10+10=20

Saath'll walk up to the remains and poke at it with his mindblade to reveal the source of the golden light.
'Well, at least it's got shinies in its belly.'

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

The 'shinies' slowly glide upwards as Saath begins to poke in the creature's remnants. It is a shimmering golden sphere, immaterial and half-transparent, moving four feet upwards before it stops.

I hope you are satisfied now, a strangely familiar voice appears. It is high, like that of a young boy, yet has a dark undertone. I was all you wanted me to be... something to protect - , suddenly, a golden flash appears in the Masked Gnoll's bag, where his animal companion rests, a friend that you don't need to care about - , another flash appears illuminating Blackthornes for a split second, a mystery, a danger to the group - , two more flashes for Naruk and Azure, and now I am even dead. The last flash engulfs Ian in golden light.

I could have been everything, a companion, a true friend, even a powerful ally... but the best you wished for was not knowing me at all.

As the voice speaks, everyone in the group slowly realizes why it sounds so familiar: It's the voice of the puppy, only it now speaks an understandable language.

Fidrikon's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2004-12-19
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[=darkred]OOC: 15 + 14 = 29.[/color

As he lights up, Ian looks around at the group. "I won't deny it. I didn't like the puppy."

Ian looks at the corpse of the puppy-monster. "Thank you for giving us exactly what we wanted."

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[double post]

joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

And now you shall receive what you deserve.

In a flash of light, the golden sphere charges at Ian, hitting his breast before the elf can react. Ian has the feeling of having his breast torn open as the golden light enters his very body, and he feels immaterial tentacles slowly spreading through veins.

[OOC: Fortitude will save against DC 17 to keep the tentacles from growing further into Ian's body. Also, Ian receives the damage I'll use the die roller for here.]

3 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d6+3, the result is 9.
joyblood's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2005-06-05
Game: Great minds think alike (Part II)

[OOC: Ignore the "will" in the term "Fortitude will save". Sticking out tongue ]

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.