This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: Silent Storm - The Shadow Wars

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

72 posts / 0 new
Last post
Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
Game: Silent Storm - The Shadow Wars

Normal
0
21

false
false
false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:Standaardtabel;
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ansi-language:#0400;
mso-fareast-language:#0400;
mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

A dull soupy mist surrounds you, and your senses are dimly aware of the smell of blood and fire that permeates the thick fog you inhale… 

After a few moments you hear some moaning and shouting, it seems others are regaining their own consciousness as well, and you slowly rise to try and find your bearings. When you sit up straight, the world spins and you have to remain sitting for almost a minute… the moaning has subsided, and the shouting has died out altogether.

You notice your ever so slightly bobbing, as if the wood you sit upon is part of a ship, and you vaguely remember being a traveler onboard a vessel, though the name escapes you at the moment, you curse yourself silently for being so ‘weak’ and sloppy that you would end up in such a peculiar situation. When you have sufficiently recovered, you reach out slowly through the soupy mist and reach for a piece of wood that stands up, you could see the shadowy outline of it, it is black and singed and there is a gaping hole in it, when you focus your eyesight, you notice it as the side of the actual ship you are on, but there is a cannonball sized hole in it, where it ripped through the wood and left it black from the heat of the explosion that followed afterwards. You lift yourself up by the railing of the ship, supporting yourself on the wood that still stands firm, and you try to look around you. You see nothing but the thick misty fog.

You try to say something, but your throat is hoarse and dry, barely making a sound, you swallow a few hales of mist which helps your throat to clear, and you call out if there are any survivors…

After some silence you hear the moaning of a few others who try to react to your response. The ship bobs silently in the water, with now and then some sloshing against the woodwork, but apart from that, there seems to hang an eerie silence, no wind, just thick soupy mist…  

When you have gotten sufficient strength in your legs to start moving about, you remember a battle, on the very ship, and sounds and visions of that battle that were up till now suppressed begin siphoning back into your mind, you hear screams of dying, explosions of incoming cannonballs and shouts of an officer to brace for impact, and to fire at will…

Memories now flood in like a torrent, and you begin to remember that your ship, The Van Heyck, was on a mission…though what mission remains uncertain at the moment.  

You remember the Captain taking a stray cannonball square in the torso and being blown with massive force of the impact of the ship, he probably did not survive….  You think its time to search for other survivors now, as they must be in the same state as yourself and you might not be alone, according to the moans, and with that you begin to slowly and cautiously move about the top of the ship…

 

ooc:You are all on half hitpoint totals, and dazed the first 3 rounds, just so u understand the mood...

(add. please no posts untill your characters are fully finished and i have seen them.)

Void's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2006-05-04
One can hear as well a low

One can hear as well a low caw amongst the moaning, and even see, if not dazed, a strange creature lying on a corner. Some of his black feathers and his long dark beak are not hidden by a hood, which seems to have covered by accident the creature's face. Still confused, almost to the state of unconsciousness, it breathes with effort and remains lain, with the beak open and part of the tongue evident. It may take some time to regain awareness of his surroundings, and perhaps even more until the recent events regain space in its mind.

Crows were never a good omen. 

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Sal Montague, a humanoid

Sal Montague, a humanoid with a strangely aquatic nature groans in pain as the world slowly returns to him. He feels the familiar and comforting rocking of the ship, and slowly opens his eyes to find that he is staring at bits of chared wood and debris floating aimlessly about. He hears the groans of others around him, and remembers... The others might be far worse off than him though. Most of them need to breath air... He struggles to get to his feet seeking blearily around for shapes of other people, looking over the side for signs of anyone having fallen overboard.

Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
A short-haired githyanki

A short-haired githyanki awakens slowly. Whatever stunned him was severely damaging.  As he begins regain consciousness he starts to panic and jolts up and reaches for his greatsword. After quickly drawing his weapon, he scans the room.  Once he discovers the room is safe, he relaxes for a moment to rub his head as his breastplate clanks.  The pain bothers him, but not enough to slow him for more than a few seconds.  He re-grips his weapon and begins searching for other survivors.

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
Wexquif: You are in the

Wexquif:

You are in the bellow of the ship, on the floor where the cannons are situated, but you yourself are at the moment in a room full of miscellainious equipment and you have no idea how you got there, the door is slightly ajar and you hear some moans and groans but cannot make any other sounds clear enough..

Void:

Is on the main deck, near the entry to belows near the aft deck where the captain was (ontop)

Dire:

You are at the left side of the ships main deck and hear some sound in the water, but cannot make out if it is any of the survivors the moaning and groaning of the survivors and the ship make it impossible to get it clearer atm..

 

 

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Hearing something in the

Hearing something in the water, Sal strains to make it out through the haze surrounding them.  "Hallo? Is anyone overboard!?"  Failing that he looks for a rope or something he can tie to the railing before jumping over to search for it.

Void's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2006-05-04
The Bird-like creature

The Bird-like creature stands up quickly and recovers his balance. After scanning the area for possible attackers, it starts observing its surroundings more carefully, in order to detect any nearby ship or creature. It also pays attention to the sounds he hears, trying to recognize some familiar voice, friend or foe. One who could see it would notice it seems quite stressed, for it wields a dagger in one hand and holds a wooden shield in the other.

Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
With little hesitation, the

With little hesitation, the githyanki bolts towards the room, he hears the moaning in. He kicks the door open and braces himself, hoping that he is still able to fight in his dizzy condition.

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
The door that the Gith

The door that the Gith just ran into bounces back into his face with resounding force (probably because there was more beind the door then the Gith was expecting)

Wex: make a reflex save plz.

The bird sees no foes in the vicinity and can relax a bit but he sees a lot of carnage..

Void: spot check plz.

Sal sees and hears noting clearly, he cannot make out if the moans ae from the ship or from the water side, he does find a rope that was attached to the rigging but now just hangs down the side of the ship uselessly..

(presume Sal jumps in the water and takes a hold of the end of the rope that trails in the water?)

 

 

 

 

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Yes.

Yes.

Void's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2006-05-04
The creature scans the area,

The creature scans the area, and since its nostrils cannot contract the bad smell bothers it, causing some strange sensation of having felt that smell somewhere else before...

5 Bonus for skill rank to do spot
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 24.
Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
OOC-Edit: I hope this

OOC-Edit: I hope this works.  I don't know how I fare against the door so I'm really not sure how to roleplay it.

4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 19.
Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
OOC: Wex, i send you a pm,

OOC: Wex, i send you a pm, Dire, i expect a little more then just that (from both of you actually)

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Sal dives overboard and

Sal dives overboard and grabs hold of the rope once in the water. He calls out into the fog, "Hello? Anyone in the water?" Listening again for some indication of the direction of the groaning sounds or a response to his query before starting to swim in that direction. He keeps hold of the rope for as long as possible.

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
Sal: Hears some moaning

Sal:

Hears some moaning in the mist and slowly swims towards the sound, he finds a sailor clamping a piece of flotsam he looks decently wounded, but will probably survive if given care...after the problem of hoisting him up onto the ship has been tackled...

+ make a spot check plz (Sal only, and use the dice roller in this thread plz!)

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Sal carefully starts to

Sal carefully starts to swim towards the injured sailor.  Keeping an eye ot for potential trouble.  He does not make any particular attempt to avoid being noticed. 

0 Bonus for to do spot
I rolled 1d20+2+0, the result is 8.
Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
Wex: You manage to get

Wex:

You manage to get most of your body out of between the door and the frame before it slams back into your face.. your being flung hard back into the corridor by the door's rebounding and take some damage in return.(your nose gets a punch and bleeds,  but thats it, lucky sod Sticking out tongue )

0 Bonus for subdual damage to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 1.
Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
Realizing that anyone who

Realizing that anyone who was in the room would have seen him, the githyanki takes a few steps back and activates his psychic defenses. (Manifest the Concealing Amphora psi-like ability.)  Clenching his sword, he stands in attack stance, ready to defend against any attackers who may charge out of that door.

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
Sal: Does not see

Sal:

Does not see anything out of the ordinary and swims to the sailor with no effort, he also manages to get the sailor safely to the edge of the ship...

Gith: (who still has no name, so unless u want to be billy-no-name, send me a proper name soon)

The Githyanki seems surrounded by a heatwave and it starts to blur as if he would be in the desert, apart from that, nothing moves at all, and no sound from behind the door...

Damien:

The bird sees a lot of physical carnage that was evidently aimed at sinking the ship but did not do its job in finishing it off, some legs and arms are lying about, making the scene grisly and macabre, but there are enough survivors to be seen to, so even the bird gets the idea he will have his "feathers full" patching things up...

 

 

 

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Sal starts tying up the

Sal starts tying up the injured sailor to the rope so as to hoist him aboard.  "Hey, did you see any others in the water?"

 OOC: Does Sal recognize the sailor?

Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
The githyanki moves

The githyanki moves towards the door, hoping there is no threat.  He opens the door slowly and looks around.

Void's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2006-05-04
The fowl looks at all the

The fowl looks at all the carnage, the blood still flowing out of some limbs, but mostly coagulating on the injuries, which the flies already start to visit. Contrary to the birds whose appearance he has, he does not try to feed on the dead, but instead starts checking who is alive and who's not, and to those well enough to speak, he asks: "You, do you do you know who did this, this? Have you seen, seen anything, have you?"

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
Sal: Yes, he is one of

Sal:

Yes, he is one of the sailors that was permanently on the ship even from before you arrived.

Gith:

the door opens only 1/3rd of the way before you push into something blocking it to further open....

Fowl:

There are almost no flies nearby, so they dont cloud around dead and dying/ wounded...you see a few who move enough to indicate they are still alive and "wel - wounded", one answers: "S'm one attacked us and we defended, though we could not make out the nationality of the offensive ship.Sar.." 

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
What about the in character

What about the in character part of my post?

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
ooc: Dire, either put ooc

ooc: Dire, either put ooc before your comment or post it to me in a pm Sticking out tongue

 

Sal:

"N'N'No...o.., sir, i was busy holding on f'r mee life, but i did feel s'mthing swim past sir..." he looks slightly unnerved..

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Sal nods, "Right, I'm

Sal nods, "Right, I'm getting you aboard.  Can you walk?  Try to help anyone you can." Sal climbs back up the rope and hoists the man aboard before dropping it back into the water and diving in again to search for more survivors... or bodies.

 

OOC: If he can't find any more he'll return to the ship and try to help the injured there. there. 

Void's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2006-05-04
The bird-like looks with his

The bird-like looks with his black eyes towards the wounded men and thinks "They are useless" and with the natural curiosity of his animal counterparts, he says to himself in a low voice, with his beck making it difficult to articulate some sounds "I will, I will find who did this... They could be many though, they could..." and he walks in a hopping-like pace towards climbing up to the deck.

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
The wind picks up a little

The wind picks up a little but not enough to really clear the fog, as if standing in a "western-style village" and seeing tumble weed gently drift by, the same feeling you get from that, but then at see...

 ooc: what are you people waiting for? i see no clear direction, and need to see reactions on my initial writings, action plz Sticking out tongue

 

Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
The gith squeezes through

The gith squeezes through the door with his armor scraping up against the post.  Although still nervous, he feels a bit more relaxed.  He looks to see what is blocking the door.

ooc- Sorry, it has been a long week.

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
What exactly do you want? I

What exactly do you want? I did post an action...

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
-Sal spends the next few

-Sal spends the next few minutes swimming on one side of the boat and finds 2 more sailors, 1 dead and one alive and healthy but unconsious..he will be busy for a little while with that one..

-The Gith squeezes through the door opening with his torso and head and sees that on the other side there are fallen boxes blocking the door, making it unable to open any further, but he can fit through if he wants.. he also sees that there is a hole in the side of the ship, above water line, and that the cannonball bounced inside around a bit causing quite some havoc...

-ooc: Birdman can hop up to the aft deck, because he is already on top of the middle deck, he wasn't inside or anything,  tell me what he is going to do Sticking out tongue

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Once he gets back on deck,

Once he gets back on deck, Sal notifies the previously rescued sailor of the identity of the dead one he found, leaves the unconcious one in his care, and goes for one more search.

Void's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2006-05-04
While trying to decide where

While trying to decide where to look at first in the deck, the fowl creature notices that one of the crew members arrives all soaked in the deck. It hops quickly towards its mate and asks "So, so found any, anything?"

Without even caring too much for an answer for its question, the birdlike crew member tries to scan the surroundings, but decides to go up to a higher spot and starts climbing to the [I dunno the name of that place where the guys stay to observe things] . Arriving there, it tries to see anything at all over the fog, perhaps moving vessels nearby or even survivors floating on the water.

  

5 Bonus for skill modifier to do spot
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 25.
Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
A little worried, the

A little worried, the githyanki searches the room for any people.

Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
ooc

ooc

2 Bonus for ability bonus to do search
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 7.
Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
OOC: Lol, it's called the

OOC: Lol, it's called the crow's nest. 

Void wrote:

While trying to decide where to look at first in the deck, the fowl creature notices that one of the crew members arrives all soaked in the deck. It hops quickly towards its mate and asks "So, so found any, anything?"

Without even caring too much for an answer for its question, the birdlike crew member tries to scan the surroundings, but decides to go up to a higher spot and starts climbing to the [I dunno the name of that place where the guys stay to observe things] . Arriving there, it tries to see anything at all over the fog, perhaps moving vessels nearby or even survivors floating on the water.

 

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
ooc- 6 seconds of movement

ooc- 6 seconds of movement is a lot to get from the base deck to the crow's nest, but that just gives the others more options as well... DO not post, i will write soon, am going to introduce another player/ character, and perhaps finally give that Gnome a kick on his freaking ass Sticking out tongue

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
ooc: Gnome is not fully

ooc: Gnome is not fully finished, but i'll kick him in now anyway.. and other player is also nearly finished, so will also be introduced now..

IC:

Wex: Your gith searches the vicinity of the room and finds nothing particularly interesting, he does however hear some stumbling above him, on 1 floor up, and some moaning in the next room, which is accesible by another dor at the end of this room, and contains no door itself.. he does walk past a cannonball as he moves carefully to the next door... the cannonball is dented from the several impacts it made into this part of the ship...

Void: 

Your birdie thing climbs the rop[es to get to the crows nest (lol), he sees nothing much more then just mist all round, even when in the top finally, he sees the whole of the ship as a vague outlining, and he briefly sees a movement in the corner of his eyes, but he cant define what it is, as when he focusses on it, its gone, though the wated is moving slightly (as if u can see that from such a hight in thick mist, but i'll be nice)

Dire: 

Sal moves the wounded but stable guy up the ship and moves back towards the edge of the ship to once more dive into the water when he sees a slight rippling in the water... but he is to late to see what caused it...(same as what the bird saw from the nest)

Ramses:

Your Gnome Mc'Abandonpants wakes up with a headache that nearly splits his skull but yet does not make it explode... he gets up wobbly and sees in his blurry vision that a cannonball entered the room he was occupying and that it bounced through the next wall and that bits of wood are sticking out of his forehead as a result of the cannonball (aka he was hit by flying debris, wood of the ships hull)

Hyaenadon:

Your Humie wakes up in a room full of proviant with your cat crawled into a ball, as you had just caught him eating from the salted fish-stock, and then all hell erupted, as a cannonball went through a barrel of salted fish and the barrel exploded into bits and all the fish inside went sprawling abound...u reek of fish and salt...

Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
ooc- I don't understand what

ooc- I don't understand what you are saying here. Is there a door to the room with the moaning?

Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
ooc- double post

ooc- double post

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
ooc: yes, there is in the

ooc: yes, there is in the left hand wall an open door to the next room, and there the moaning is coming from..

Hyaenadon's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2008-05-11
- What the Balrog ?! -

- What the Balrog ?! - shrieked the man. He grabbed his cat and darted out of the cabin ...

Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Sal stares at the spot, well

Sal stares at the spot, well aware that there are several thinks living in the vast ocean that are quite allot larger than him.  Instead of jumping overborad again, he this time circles the deck, looking overboard, and on board in turn to find more injured.

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
Wilst Sal is walking

Wilst Sal is walking perimeter around the ship viewing the water, nothing really can be seen, although suddenly, when he is mounting the stairs to the aft deck when he is halfway up, he comes eye to eye with a white draconic head and neck that streches all the way to the waterline... It looks curiously at him and then proceeds to move a little back, and opens its maw.. ...and coughs a blast of cold onto Sal...

ref save DC 18 for half damage

At the same time  a similar looking head appears through the gap in the hull where the gith is and in the gap where the new additional human is.

They too have to make that ref save.

 

Void only:

Your birdie has a nice and safe view of the heads and sees 4 heads pop up from the water and cough cold onto several positions on and into the ship, he sees 2 dive into the side of the hull and one dive towards Sal, and the 4th aparently thought a dead humie was a nice snack after breathing on him... 

 

(this is surprise round, after everybody has rolled their saves we will commence with initiative rolls)

0 Bonus for breath-cold to do breath on Sal
I rolled 3d6+0, the result is 14.
0 Bonus for breath-cold to do breath on Gith
I rolled 3d6+0, the result is 11.
0 Bonus for breath-cold to do breath on red human
I rolled 3d6+0, the result is 11.
1 Bonus for dm goodness to do
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 13.
Dire Lemon's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-11-06
Sal yells in surprise and

Sal yells in surprise and dives for cover.

He somehow manages to avoid the blast almost entirely, though just how close it was becomes immediately apparent when he glances down at the small patch of ice on the elbow of his sleeve. (Hurray for evasion!)

0 Bonus for Reflex Save to do
I rolled 1d20+6+0, the result is 18.
Hyaenadon's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2008-05-11
The terrified human wails

The terrified human wails and tries to evade the cold blast ... But his foot slips on the wet floor and with a shriek of pain he falls just right into the cone of frosty air ...

 

4 Bonus for Reflex Save to do for half damage from cold-breath
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 11.
Wexquif's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-04-07
The gith quickly moves

The gith quickly moves away, but it is a futile effort.  He begins to pant heavily.  He is badly hurt.

4 Bonus for to do avoid breath
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 7.
Ramses135's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2008-01-20
"Aaargh." The gnome sits on

"Aaargh." The gnome sits on his bed with a groan. For few seconds, he sees two large holes in the wall before him... One hole... Two holes... He closes his eyes and tries to withstand the pain. After his head calms a bit, he opens eyes again. So, one hole. Inspecting the rest of his room, he sees the mess and the second hole in the other wall, where the cannonball leaved. What in the Nine Hells happened?

The expensive mirror he took on the ship lies on the floor, crackled. "Great, seven years of bad luck", he mumbles. Catching his image in it, the blood and wood splinters in his forehead, he slowly walks to the small bedside table and takes a handkerchief. Slowly walks back to the mirror, and hissing with pain he takes out the splinters. When done, he cleans the blood with the handkerchief and tries to tidy his blond hair a bit. Now what? (OOC: ending Dazed condition)

Looking though the hole in the hull on the sea, the decision to leave the room is made quickly. The ship may sink soon, who knows how badly damaged it is? Now in hurry, the gnome kneels next to his bed and pulls a packet from under it. He opens the packet quickly, and takes the rapier and a musket out of it, both weapons are a wonderful pieces of craftmanship. Yet some gunpowder pouches and bullets, and he stands up and arms himself.

In the corner of the small room is a chest, and the gnome opens it. He throws away some clothes from it, and from the bottom of the chest, he takes one other, far smaller. He disarms the poisoned needle which would sting anyone atempting to open the small chest without knowing of it, and he takes short time marveling the precious gems inside. *Sigh* It's quite a treasure, this pile of gems. The gnome puts the gems into a sack and hides it in some secret pocket in his expensively looking dark clothes. "Now hurry", he mumbles again to himself.

He walks out of the room, to the gangway leading to the stairs to the upper deck on the left side and to the captain's cabin to the right. If something happened, the captain would not stay in his cabin, the gnome realises, and so he hurries to the stairs. Shriecks does not surprise him, he was expecting that, but... Frostbitten deck? Bewildered, the gnome stays on the stairs and very carefully peeps out of the safety to the deck.

Void's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2006-05-04
The black fowl watches the

The black fowl watches the four heads emerge from the mist, and great fear and awe take part of the control upon it. The creature thinks it ought to hide itself from the dragons, but soon it realizes it cannot stay in such a high place, because the fall would certainly be a problem. "I wish I had wings" it thinks.

After the white clouds crossed the deck, it quickly descends from the crow's nest only hoping the descent would not be too conspicuous and that the reptile giants would not be able to attack again with their breath.

Burning Spear's picture
Offline
Factol
Joined: 2007-12-02
OOC: You can all post an

OOC: You can all post an initiative roll and what you intend to do this coming round, i will post then the effects.

1 Bonus for dm goodness to do be sneaky
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 12.
Hyaenadon's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2008-05-11
Human rolls over on the

Human rolls over on the slippery floor and cries out something like: "Gooron Amieth!" pointing his crossed fingers at the gaping maws of the monster ...

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.