This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

1646 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Upon identification of the fiend, Canzonzabar calms a bit, figuring that such an authority figure is a fitting choice for dealing with this sudden attack.
The falxugon respectfully waits until the telepathic conversation between the two fellow devils seem to have come to an end, then steps forward to extend his courtesy to the pit fiend.

“Mighty lord Erezagous, you honour us with your presence. There shall be severe repercussions to the foolish assailants for this atrocity. The fury of hell shall be unleashed on those who have orchestrated the act!”

Keeping the traits of Erezagous in mind, Canzonzabar does not lower his guard in terms of body language (tense and attentive). Sliding his dagger back into a hidden sheath, the harvester devil instead grips his “walking stick” with both hands, for the sake of appearing vigilant and ready to put it to use.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The pit fiend nods in acknowledgement but dosen't bother to respond. It is unlikely Erezagous recognizes you since you do not fall under the command of the six district rulers. (Your highest up superior in Sigil is the ambasador to Dis) The pit fiend gestures that the hamatula who looks to be in charge of security and seems to be communicating telepathicly with him. When he is finished, he looks around the room, taking stock of everyone in it.

"Everyone who doesn't work here will leave. We are now closed for obvious reasons, and I suggest youreturn home," says the hamatula that had just spoken to Erezagous.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzonzabar agrees promptly, assigning Trift to swiftly collect magical gear from a few nearby foes and then follow his master outside. (Canzon maintains Detect Magic to direct his servant)

Out on the streets by the entrance to the Crossed Daggers, the falxugon waits for his recent acquaintances, seeking to exchange a few words.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Min seems to have a quick telepathic exchange with the pit fiend. She then sets about placing several black onyx gems in the mouths of severeal of the enemies. Quickly, she finishes casting the spell and exitswith all her minions , nodding in thanks to the pit fiend. (she now has six zombies in addition to her skeletons) She also puts annother body into a bag of holding stored inside her robe. Min stands next to Canzon, also expecting to talk)

Trift won't be to thrilled to carry holy weapons, each enemy seems to have standardized magical gear, a cloak, a sword, and a mithril suit of chainmail. They don't seem to have much else worth taking. (Trift picks up 3 longswords, 5 cloaks and a suit of chainmail before he starts getting nasty looks from the pit fiend and security staff.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzonzabar doesn’t push it. The duo leaves gratuitously with what seemed acceptable, and any whimpering on Trift’s part about touching holy weapons will be sternly remediated by his master.

Outside, the tiefling secures the collected gear firmly and wraps the holy swords carefully in cloth and tanned hide, so that he won’t inadvertently suffer the ill effects of wielding them.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Min is disarming her zombies and carefully putting the weapons away in her bag. She touches the swords only using the sleeves of her robe.

I will enjoy cursing these and making a profit of it too. she says telepathicaly to Canzon and Penance if he is also outside.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance went out back to see if the enchanted mercs were still there. If so, let me know as I have actions for that.

He also has a pilfered holy sword in his possession at the moment.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The people you've made the suggestion seem to have escaped, you gould gather information at a later time to see where they went off to if they left on foot.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Not heard from anyone in a while. I dunno where BERK is. Anyone know if RL ate him?

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Sorry...I cannot think of a place for his to lodge; tried, but my brain is locked up with school. Just drop him in a suitably upscale, nondescript place where he can keep tabs on inevitable and fiends alike.

IC:

Sensing his possible leads have fled, Penance rejoins the harvester devil.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: I consider Hell's Gate a much bigger and more prosperous place in Sigil, so there would be places there that would probably be to Penance's liking there.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Sounds good. 999 Inverse Soul sounds catchy (read that upside-down for effect Eye-wink...but whatever fits will do.

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Skipping back to the bar, only slightly irked, the Aasimar begins anyway in a mock-enraged tone directed at all three.

How DARE they try to outdo my entrance!!! I mean, of course, they failed miserably, but still- it is insulting that they think themselves viable competition. WHAT A JOKE!

He then focuses on Min, as if noticing her for the first time. Giving her a slow, down-to-up ogle that starts from her legs as one of blatant lewdness, and ends at her head as one of obvious disgust.

He scowls:
So, what have you learned? I mean besides how to make a ghastly boil grow from your neck.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"How to make a ghastly boil grow on your neck," she says, smiling dryly.

OOC: for what it's worth, the robe is large and shapeless, all you can see of Min's legs are the bottom of her boots. (They're hobnailed and look like they'd hurt a lot Eye-wink

(OOC: edit, adition to speed things along a little)
Before this quarreling can progress any further, an old tiefling man wearing muted reds and blues aproaches the group (I'll asume Bruce is there):
"If you will exuse my interruption, cutters, I'd like to speak with the five of you somewhere a little quieter," he says in infernal, gesturing to the remaining patrons willing around outside the bar. It is important, and don't worry, I'm not foolish enough to try to take your jink.
(I'll make everyone's sense motive checks.)

Canzon (nat. 20, modified 37)

You sense that this tiefling is completely un bothered by approaching such visibly powerful people. You also notice that his manner of speaking seems more like that of a devil of some rank than a mortal's.

Min (16+?)
OOC: DM's reference only

Penance(15+12)

You also notice the mrotal's aura confidence and sense that he is being truthful in his statements.

Drum (16+5)

The tiefling seems truthful, but you aren't toataly certain.

Bruce (13+8 )

The tiefling seems truthful, but you aren't toataly certain.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 16.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 13.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance still holds the holy longsword, though idly, and says, "And where would you have us go?"

Spot: 23 (gear)
Search: 26 (nat 20)

11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 23.
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 26.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"There," the tiefling says, pointing to an alley accross the street, "But if you're feeling a little paranoid and suspect me of setting up an ambush, we can got to whichever alley you choose."

"I think I'll take you up on that offer," says Min "I quite like that alley," she says pointing to a bright alley between annother pub and a series of well-lit apartments."

She speaks a whispered word and a bird about the size of an eagle appears perched on her wrist. It is bluish-grey with extremely thin yelllow eye and long black, sawtoothed beak and long legs. (It looks like a seabird). With annother whisper, she sends the bird off in the direction of the alley.

All:
OOC: forgot to mention this in your sense motive checks.

the tiefling does not look at all drunk though alchohol could definitely explain his strange decision.

Penance:

Spot:
The tiefling's clothes are made of very fine cloth. You see no immediately visible weapons or amor, though his shirt and pants are baggy and could probably conceal a small weapon.

Search:
You see the bulge of a dagger in one sleeve and a small metal rod-probably a wand-protrudes from his right boot. There are also several pouches inside his cloak.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"I would heed the lady whenever possible. She has quite a talent at correcting errors in judgment." Penance nods toward the inn and the dead occupants when he mentions judgment.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

When Min's familiar (again, you assume) returns, she gives extremely detaialed instructions to her familiar. The bird seems to nod it's head in acknowledgement and then says "Come," in infenal to Min's undead. The bird takes flight again, with the skeletons and and zombies following it's path. The undead stop at the alley and march in a line up and down the alley once. When this is done Min's familiar returns again.

"After you," she says to the tiefling and gestures with her hand. She follows at a respectful distance--that is further than a sword could reach--from the tiefling's back.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The gallant fiend peers at the stranger with interest, making educated guesses on his true identity based on his way of speaking and relaxed approach in dealing with this unusual ensemble from the Crossed Daggers.

No sane cutter would put himself in such a position, barring unusual circumstances. I suspect him to be either a kinsman of significant might or an expendable pawn puppeteered from afar. In either case, I suspect a job offer is at hand.

Canzonzabar follows along a few paces behind Min, his cloven feet and walking stick tapping steadily and subtly against the paved road. Trift hangs back a bit more, ready to pull, nock, and fire at a moment’s notice.

“Well now, the evening grows ever more curious. Let us see where this will lead.”

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Ah yes good fellow, let us speak of matters both pressing to thee and to me.

Drum blurts in an uncharacteristic, urbane manner. It is unclear to the rest if he is going through a Xaositect-like random change in personality, or simply being extremely sarcastic.

Actually, anyone who scies his thoughts or accurately sense his motives will realize that Drum himself is unclear on the matter... though one thing is certain - the Clerk's Ward really needs a better night scene, it's just too pikin' boring.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce also follows the group, not saying anything.

When all of you are in the alley, the old tielfing seems scan the alley for himself before speaking. Having seen how effectively you handled the...situation in the tavern, I've come to offer you all employment. I was asigned by my master to find a few able bashers to run an errand for him--very straightfoward, picking up an item and bringing it back to Sigil. It's getting down to the last minute and finding someone quickly is of the utmost importance. I was going to recruit some of the Blood War mercinaries, but judging by how most of them fared in the fight I think I've made a good choice aproaching you instead," he says with a rueful smile. "My master would like to meet and brief you in two days time at peak. A private room at the Twelve Factols will have been booked by that time." After a pause for effect he adds, "What say you?"

Canzon:
You, my good friend, have very little choice in this matter. Orders came in from Dis to bring a devil along on this little errand to help out and observe. You're the the lucky one, Canzonzabar. Don't wory, you'll be paid. After we finish here I'd like to speak with you alone for a few moments to give you a bit more information.
(make bluff check to hide that there was a telepathic conversation)

Everyone:
Sense motive checks

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"What sort of item would we be acquiring for this proprietor?" His tone is cold and level, clearly not amused at being toyed with.

OOc: Sense motive=16

12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 16.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"I do not know, I apologize. My master beleives compartmentalization of knowledge is the best form of security."

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Sense Motive: 16 (what's up with the fours?) I don't doubt his master does that, but can't be too sure of knowledge

12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 16.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

As far as you can tell the old guy is being truthful. (OOC: for what that's worth when you rolled a four)

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance studies the tiefling's face a bit more before replying. Hm...and what can be said of your master? I mean no offense, but I like to understand the basis of the business I'm in--a man who plays games to gain potential employees probably doesn't value their services as more than fodder. How can we be sure of payment at the job's end?"

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"There will be a contract, and for the record, my master played no part whatsoever in any events that took place tonight save for your hiring--and he will probably be sorry for the loss of one of his favorite taverns too," says the tiefling.

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOoo! What are some of his other favorites??!

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"Ones with security that would hack you into little peices before they let you in the door, cutter."

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Hmm.. those would be hard, if not impossible, to find... and believe you me, I've been to a lot of taverns

the words are boastful, but the tone with which they're spoken is matter-of-fact.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"Hmmm," the tifling says, "I wouldn't think you'd be a match for a cornugon, but I may be wrong, in any case, I digress. I need a yes or a no from each of you. In, or not?"

After a very long pause, Min says: "I will atend this meeting and see."

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Although the prospect of making some coin is always pleasing to the harvester devil, he is sorely disgruntled with being shanghaied along – he prefers to be the manipulator, orchestrating such deals.

“I share Lady Min’s mind on this matter and trust that your master will elaborate to a satisfying extent on this meeting of his.”

The falxugon is unusually brief, considering what might be expected of him in such a situation. In truth, Canzonzabar is reserving inquiries for his later private conversation with the tiefling.

“I trust that you have adequate paperwork from Dis to authenticate your claims? I must warn you against testing forgery on me.”

OOC:
Bluff to hide his telepathic exchanges with the tiefling.
Sense Motive to see if the tiefling speaks truthfully about Canzon’s position, and about whether his master really has cornugons serving him

31 Bonus for Bluff to do
I rolled 1d20+31, the result is 46.
17 Bonus for Sense Motive to do
I rolled 1d20+17, the result is 36.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"Indeed, I will want to know the dark of this." Crisp and cold as a glacier, Arbiter gathers himself into a regal stance, ready to make leave of this meeting. "Do you have any other messages, courier?"

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

To Penance: "No, there is nothing more to say."

To Canzon: I have all of the orders to find one of Dispater's to tag along on my person. When the others leave I will show them to you and give you as much information as I am permitted to about the task.

(OOC: this isn't a combat encounter, you get shot and the bad guys (or good guys as the case may be) run off.

Before anyone can leave or say anything more, four figures dressed like the ones at the bar step out from a shadow cast by one of the lamps. Each carries an immense metal crossbow big enough to be a balista.
"Die, fiends!" says the frontmost. All of them fire thier weapons at a different target that seems fiendish (1 at Min, 1 at Canzon, 1 at Pennance, and 1 at the tiefling) and then immediately disapear into the shadow again. Penance is shot through the center of his torso--all the way through--with a three foot long spike coated in silver. It seems to be holy judging by it's effect on you. The shot fired at Canzon was fired too hastilly, the shooter must have been in the process of leaving when he pulled the trigger, as the shot flys over your head. Min is also shot where her heart ought to be, though considering that fact, she is surprisingly alive--if badly hurt. She spits out a nasty and diverse string of curses and then pulls out the bolt. "My heart is on the right side, you stupid mortal, and now you've given me something more precious than you would know." She thetaps her forehead, speaking a whispered sentance which causes her wounds to heal somewhat.
Telepathically to everyone: I have a good focus to scry on now. They've signed the order to kill themselves. I will inform you of what I have learned.

The tiefling is shot in the shoulder, but dosen't seem to react to the pain as much as most mortals would.

Results of damage:

Penance: 13 (DR is factored in)

Canzon: (missed)

Min: (confirmed critica, attack overcomes DR) 50 damage, heals 7 damage with cure light wounds.

Tiefling: he looks alarmingly unafected for a mortal (30)

18 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+18, the result is 37.
I rolled 1d20+18, the result is 22.
I rolled 1d20+18, the result is 28.
I rolled 1d20+18, the result is 24.
I rolled 1d20+18, the result is 31.
5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 7d6+5, the result is 23.
I rolled 7d6+5, the result is 27.
I rolled 7d6+5, the result is 30.
I rolled 7d6+5, the result is 31.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 6d6+0, the result is 20.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d8+4, the result is 7.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Whereas his motives were unclear before, his tone is now all too obvious. In mock seriousness and formality, Drum proclaims with a finger raised:

Pardon me gentlebloods, but I have to take care of some pressing business elsewhere..

He draws his longswords and runs off ins the direction of the crossbow bolts.


AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAahahhaHAHahahhhaahahahhahahahahahaahahahhhahahahahahaha

Init: 10+9 = 19

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: It's clear the enemies vanished into the shadow, but Drum is insane

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance looks down, his face contorted in pain--or is that frustration. He grips the bolt and pulls it out, the wound healing of its own accord. Turning to Canz and Min as he places the bolt in his robes, he says, "If you would like to continue our interrupted dinner, I would be most glad. Otherwise, I shall see you shortly at this most impromptu meeting." The human also conspicuously lacks any pain in speech or stance.

Fast healing should tend to that in two rounds and he does not feel things like most...sentient beings. Eye-wink

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"I am disinclined to make a target of myself a second time, and I'm covered in blood at the moment. I would think it best to make ourselves scarce for a while since it seems that our newfound enemies can travel through shadows," says Min, grimacing slightly, but doing a good job at hiding her pain.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The falxugon shakes his stick defiantly towards the shadows from which his assailants left, prepared to use it to strike any further aggressors with Dimensional Anchor .

“The audacity! The nerve! Have these people no idea what these garments are worth?!”

Trift retrieves the silvered bolt that was marked for his master’s head and scans the shadows to be ready to respond to any potential follow up attacks. Meanwhile, Canzonzabar adjusts his vestment slightly so that everything is sitting perfectly, gives a brief look of disdain in the direction to which Drum ran off, then turns to his other acquaintances.

“Your offer is most appreciated my dear Penance, but I have a previous engagement for the immediate future, I’m afraid. In spite of this evening’s unfortunate developments, I have enjoyed the company of you all, and would not mind exchanging a word or two at a later time.”

“I can usually be found at my residence on Fine Print no. 12 here in Hell’s Gate or at my villa in the City of Dis, a short walk from the Gardens of Delight.”

Directing his thoughts to the tiefling, the harvester devils sends:

”It would seem this area has been compromised. I suggest we take our business to a new locale.”

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Min turns on her heels and walks away, surrounded on all sides by her undead bodyguards.

Canzon:

Indeed. Where do you wish to continue this discussion.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

“Mockery Park, by the dried out Styx fountain – at this hour the place is practically deserted.”

To the remaining members (Penance and Bruce?), Canzonzabar makes a courteous bow.

“I shall see you in two days at the latest, then. Good evening, gentlemen.”

With these parting words the fiend vanishes, the sound of air rushing in to fill his previous location. Trift has already lurked off and headed on his way to meet up with his master at the park, where the falxugon has teleported to.

Mockery Park is located on the outskirts of Hellgate towards the Shattered Temple District. It is so called for many reasons, though primarily due to its abundant twisted and crooked trees that dominate the grounds, rumoured to entrap and feed on cursed souls. Such chant is given weight by the dim moaning that often can be heard across the park (especially during anti-peak hours), and the many tree-trunks that seem to display tortured faces that long to escape their pain and misery. Wards placed by the resident devil caretakers block off divinations over the entire park, and magical mists dim sound and sight beyond immediate surroundings. The place is ideal for shady deals and stealthy murders alike, and chances are good at stumbling on a corpse hidden in a bush of Mockery Park.

In this macabre site, Canzonzabar awaits. The devil sits on a bench near a renowned fountain that used to spring with water from the River Styx through a minor portal, though the rift has been closed long ago and the fountain remains dry.

OOC:
I’m entirely making this place up for the purpose of providing a public yet fairly private diabolical meeting place - hope that’s okay.
At any rate, I thought such a place would be very fitting in baatezu civilization, and might elaborate on it in a Planewalker entry if I get the time...

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: I like the locale, Dun! I'd definitely like to frequent the spot in other adventures...though I'm not sure "like" or "frequent" is the right term for it. Laughing out loud

IC:

The human nods gallantly at the harvester devil before the fiend fades from sight. Penance intones a word and whisks away, the air clapping slightly as it rushed back to possess where his body had once been.

OOC: Teleportation boots to Foundry. Any good arms places Penance would know to go to about exotic weapons??

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC:
Dunamin, and Benyamin, and anyone else, you're free to make up locations etc., as long as they're plausable and as long as they aren't tied too closely with the plot. And I like Mockery Park too.

Benyamin: It's your choice I can make one up, or you can create one that fits your ideas (again within reason, the can't sell shiny purple +5 vorpal greatswords, etc.). What are you looking for specifically? Just a place to sell the holy swords?. If so it's probably esiest just to wander around and make a few diplomacy checks to see what kind of a price you can get from various shops.

Canzon:
You see the tiefling appear a few moments after you in the square. He speaks a short arcane word dismissing his spell. You see that the tiefling is in fact a gelugon dressed in the orange and steel-grey uniform of the embassy to Dis. On his shoulder is an orange identification number (that indicates he is a security oficer of considerable rank) embroidered in elaborate infernal script (like Chinese, Infernal has a set of much more elaborate numbers to make forgery more difficult than just changing a few straight lines).

Now, I hope we can speak somewhat more openly without interruptions. I have the orders here.

As he says this, he retreives a fire proff envelope and produces several pices of paper with an elaborate pattern on them. (Make a forgery check to see if they're genuine)

[i]I trust this will clear things up.

Penance:

You find yourself on a main street of the foundry, there are several shops there, though most are closed at this hour. Some, however continue running int the night.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzonzabar doesn’t blink at the revelation of the insectile figure, but stands from the bench and accepts the papers from the ice devil. He very carefully looks them over, taking his time to search for traces of counterfeit with the trained eye of an expert forger.

Assuming he finds them to be in order, the falxugon nods his approval and takes particular mental note of details pertaining to his payment, and possible loopholes that might be exploited.

“Very well, we all answer to our superiors.”

“Will there be contacts connected to this task beyond you and your master? Resources or services to support the mission? And what of the anarchic clown – is he to be considered a prospective subject for hire on same basis as the rest?”

OOC:
Are there any special conditions in the orders that Canzon should take special note of?

20 Bonus for Forgery to do
I rolled 1d20+20, the result is 26.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: It's not the actual contract, just orders from Dis that a loyal observer acompany this group.

Everyone I have approached is a possible candidate. Would you asociate that barmy with us? No, you most definitely would not, he provides a source of plausable deniability. As far as the details of your task go, there is not much to tell. There is a portal to a demiplane on Carceri, Orthrys, specifically. There will be some dificulty getting to the portal, as it is surrounded by great many of things that would dearly love to eat you. The plane is warded against any enterance save through the portal. You will each be provided with a key for this portal. The plane itself is safe and secure--for anyone immune to poison. An agent of ours makes his kip there along with some helpers. You will deliver some supplies he has requisitioned to him and return the package he gives you to my master. You will be paid on the completion of your task. Returing the package you receive is infinintely important than delevering the supplies, however. If you must discard the supplies to succeed, your pay will not suffer very much, but the package must be returned. I can say no more on this, and my master will provide more specific information as needed.

I know nothing of your newfound companions with the exception of Min. She works as an advisor to various greater Baatezu here, including the Eighteen. I can provide what little information I know, but please ask specific questions so we don't waste our time.

*(the 18, pit fiends that rule Sigil. That's right, 18, cannon be damned. There are 9 ambasadors, each reporting to a Lord of the Nine, six reigional govornors--like the ambasabors, they are all very junior pit fiends, and 3 representative from the ministy of mortal affairs, the ministry of immortal afairs, and the ministry of the interior. These pit fiend actually rule Hell's Gate.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The harvester devil taps his chin with the stick, going over the information in his mind.

“This shall prove interesting… No further questions, I will see to it that this package will be procured as instructed. You may extend my greetings to your master; I look forward to meeting him, face to face.”

Unless the gelugon has more to say, Canzonzabar retakes his seat on the bench and extends his thoughts to pick up telepathic connection with his servant.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Where are Canzon and Drum going now?

Canzon

"I will see you in two days then."

Trift isn't within range of you telepathy yet, he still has several minutes walking to do.

DM Rolls: (if you can figure my shorthand out you'll get a mental gold star)

ESCSV (l3+12): 25 Fail

More
(in alphabetical order)
SC 1+NA
SC 3 Suceed
SC 15 Fail
SC 14 Fail

8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 25.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 4d20+0, the result is 51.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 1.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 3.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 14.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Drum heads towards the Hive, he is in the mood for some fun - and by fun - I mean killing. He walks past the Ditch, taking no action to make his passing inconspicuous.

Drum wants to fight, or steal, or vandalize, or at least intimidate some harlots into rendering him 'free services'

He hums an off-beat, tune as he 'obliviously' walks.

Hopefully the authorities are not watching.

He heads for the closest tavern. This time, the attempted robbery will not be a joke.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Trias, I can't access your character sheet online, the page dosen't exist anymore. Do you remember your INT modifier? I know the site still works because I can still get Tyui's sheet.

The nearest tavern dosen't even have a name--or rather it did at one point, but all that's left now is the pole the sign once hung on. It looks like there aren't very many people there, and the windows are boarded shut, but it is definitely open. An ogre bouncer stands by the door wielding a fallen blade salvaged from some building or other with the edges filed dull near the base and then wrapped in leather to greate a crude sort of greatsword. There is a bubber sitting in the gutter near the steps claiming to be a mighty power of vengance and ranting about the indignity of being thrown out of his 'domain.' As for authorities? Not even the Mercykillers are barmy enough to wander the Hive at night.

As you near the door, you seem hear someone humming a tune, except there is nobody humming.

OOC: Don't worry, you haven't been possesed by anything Laughing out loud

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
3 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 9.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Here ya go

The Rusty Razor
Proprietor: Ferrisore
Mature Adult Rust Dragon

This dull attired shop lies near a sluice for molten ore in the Foundry, a prime location for its proprietor to savor his favorite cuisine. Ferrisore is a veteran of the battlefields of Acheron, having survived many incursions by planar crusaders--whose armor and swords quickly enhanced his growth. Though a mature adult in size and girth, the rust dragon came about this after gorging on a warrior mage's gear (which happened to include a collection of enlarge person potions and items for permanency). Thus, he is not as canny as his proper elders.

Sans this leap in physical progression, Ferrisore is a shrewd businessman with a taste in metals, especially in the arms business. He frequently contracts with Zjar'taz, his "little" (though older) brother. The siblings are often in competition to discover the most exquisite metal items, which can lead to major arms races between the two. Thus, much of Ferrisore's shop caters to the exotic, often drawing any berk (cutter or clueless alike) who stumbles inside to pause and stare. With the right information or goods, a savvy ringwalker could find a fine shiv to carry around Sigil's streets.

This place is set for exotic gear and some personality. Who would expect to buy metal gear from a rust dragon? Eye-wink

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.