This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

1646 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

'Dunamin' wrote:
If no auras or sounds are detected, the devil opens the door slowly and silently and slips into the next room where he orients himself.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Map is up.

You are in the topmost room on the upper floor (left image). There are two windows.

The next room also has another bunk bed and one window. It also seems to be a child's room. (Though Drum finds this one equally as suspicious.)

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Ooh, very nice overview!

Just to clarify:

From left to right it's 2nd floor, 1st floor, ground floor, and basement?
And we started out on 2nd floor in top-left room? Wouldn't that make the next room a set of stairs, rather than another bedroom?

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: yeah, left to right = highest to lowest. I thought you meant the next actual room, but that dosen't give you the oportunity to check the next door, sou you are in the stair-area. Also, I forgot to say that both the trapdoors in the image are hidden, just pretend you can't see them.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzon moves to the stairs and carefully peeks down, maintaining his magic and sharpening his ears for any activity.

OOC: Is that a fireplace in the room with the stairs?

12 Bonus for Listen to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 23.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: yes, I forgot to that the stairs are like this:
/
/
/
so you can only see down 1 level

Canzonzabar:

You see annother empty room with stairs below you. there are 3 doors. Voices can be heard in 2 of the 3 rooms. Though you can't catch what is being said at this distance, you hear four seperate voices.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The falxugon mediates its discovery telepathically to Drum, and moves down in the central room of the next floor. He listens closer to see if he can separate an adult voice from that of children’s voices, and indicates which door it is to the jester.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Dunamin, I rolled you move silently for you--not good at all :shock:

You hear four voices, three male, and one female. None sound like a child's. It seems that there are two people in each room. The voices accent and manner of speaking isn't Sigilian. It sounds vaguely like an archon's, and you sense that all four are making efforts to suppress it. You can't make out specific words, but the voices stop abruptly as you step on a creaky board.

"Nobody's upstairs, right?" asks one of the voices.
"No, I don't think so."

(made your Knowleedge The Planes to identify the accent.)

7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 13.
15 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 27.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC:
Holy celestial crap! Well, not that we didn’t smell something coming... Now, where is my angel-slaying bodyguard when I need him? Sticking out tongue

Freezing in his tracks, Canzonzabar grimaces at the realization and informs the jester to his discovery.

“This smells like a set-up, I will bring in the reinforcements. Do enjoy your heavenly company until I get back.”

Not feeling the least bit of guilt stranding Drum with Upper Planar agents, the harvester devil teleports back to the ally to alarm their allies on what is going on.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Is canzon still invisible? And I assume you will teleport back in.

Canzon:

"I konw," says Min, calmly. "Ixa is very quick to asses a situation. I think it would be most effective if we flanked them You should return to your position. We'll kick down the door."

Drum, Canzonzabar (and Ixa):
You can hear "Jowen" plodding up the stairs to you level of the house. He is halfway up the staircase. If anyone is standing directly in front of the stairs, Ixa will softly push them aside.

Penance, Bruce (and Min):
Whether or not you choose to follow her, Min begins walking towards the house. She raises a booted foot and kicks the door down almost efortlessly (and it's a pretty good wooden door too). As she becomes visible, she appears as a large looking human dressed as a thug. She moves to the next door in the entryway and draws her sword (which changes size to match her new shape).

Sarcasticly to penance and Bruce: There ia *annother* door. Hurrah.

6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 18.
BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce bolts forward after Min.
"Nice kick, Lady Min. However, given the very reason we are investigating this group, it might be best if someone without fiendish heritage went first."

Finally, a tussle!

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance starts off in a militaristic lope, quite disturbingly regal and fluid. He draws his greatsword and allows his form to shift into the grey clothing the holy warriors used in the bar, though he remains invisible. Sidestepping around Bruce, he continues on through the door, spinning around to scan the area quickly. "I do agree, Mason. I shall take point."

Spot: 21
Listen: 21
Search: 24
Sense motive: 14

11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 21.
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 24.
12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 14.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

At Min’s reply, the devil prepares for battle by manifesting multiple duplicates of himself in case his invisibility should be foiled. He teleports back and confirms the location of his allies through telepathy, then positions himself so he can see down the stairs at the end of the railing, next to the door leading into the other bedroom.

Hearing the forced entry from below, Canzonzabar silently mutters to himself and prepares to strike any appearing foes with arcane might.

A somewhat less subtle approach than I would prefer, though it would seem we are already down to fisticuffs.

OOC:
Yes, Canzon is still invisible and is purely communicating through telepathy.

He’s used his mirror image SLA and have readied to cast a spell. He’s standing at the “southern” end of the room, next to the railing, so that he can see down the stairs.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Initiative, everyone

Penance and Bruce:

Min steps aside for Penance and Bruce. (remember, there's a second door to kick in) Of course. After you. Before anyone can kick in the other door, she casts a spell and is surrounded by six duplicates of herself. She steps through one so even you cannot tell which is real. You see Min's (and those of all the illusions) brow wrinkle on concentration, and she raises a head, preparing to cast a spell. (DM: readies cone of cold, uses one 2nd level slot). Almost simultaneously, though following shortly after the casting, you hear a loud exposion.

Canzon and Drum

A spectacular flash and deafaning sound emminates from where Ixa was standing and he becomes visible (he looks identical to Min's disguises and illusions). He is holding a large black musket, though it is hard to tell through all the smoke. The 'Jowen' seems somewhat wounded, but then his eyes widen in terror, and he falls over dead, toppling down the stairs. When he is dead, "Jowen's" form reverts to that of a sword archon. (DM: The surprise round is over since everyone is aware of everyone else)

(OOC: Axi used a +5 unholy, good outsider bane, greater spell storing (up to level 6, +2 enhancement bonus) musket ball with phantasmal killer stored. It's a pity it was his only one, and it wasn't cheap--4,000 gp for 1 shot--kinda like ballistic missiles)

The other 3 sword archons--and they do appear that way now--rush into the landing, each carrying drawn greatswords.

"YOU!" shouts one of the archons. "Surrender and we will show you mercy."

(Canzonzabar and Drum) Fools.

Ixa opens his hands and lets the musket fall to the floor. He raises his hands above his head.

Feigning terror, Ixa says "We were forced to do this, they threatened us and told us they'd kill our families if we didn't help the. We didn't know, I swear."

"Who sent you? Tell us," commands annother archon. "We can protect you from whoever it is."

Initiative so far:
Min: 5 (Readied action)
Ixa: 11

4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 5.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 11.
19 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+19, the result is 26.
20 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+20, the result is 31.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 7d6+7, the result is 28.
13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 18.
16 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+16, the result is 28.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The harvester cocks an eyebrow at the gun-toting power displays, but remains at his station in preparation of a magical ambush.

OOC:
Pink panties of Dispater, does the siblings have access to +10 weapons?! :shock:

Rolling for initiative and number of mirror images.

11 Bonus for Initiative to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 25.
3 Bonus for Mirror Images to do
I rolled 1d4+3, the result is 5.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Edited above post. This keeps happening and it's really wierd. And min and Ixa have access to--and I mean this literally--one +10 musket ball. Really, a 9th level scroll would be more cost effective (wail of the banshee costs 3850 gp) and all that was technically nescesary is a +3 one, (+1 and greater spell storing)

BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce straightens up at the sound of the explosion. "Hey! I know that sound!"

Breaking and entering and gunshots, reminds me of the good old days.
One of our companions could have just been shot!
Two of them are fiends, and the other is crazier than we are. Either way, no great loss.
I happen to like Canzonzabar.
He's a soul stealing fiend!
Now think about what you just said.
... Yeah, that is pretty cool.

OOC: initiative: 17

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Will somone please kick this in. I'm covering you.

Initiative
Bruce: 17
Ixa: 11
Min: Delay until the door is down (probably acting after Penance)
Canzon: 25

BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Quote:
Will somone please kick this in. I'm covering you.

The Guantlet on Bruce's right hand glows red for a moment before bursting into flame. Bruce walks up and slames the door with a firey metal punch.

OOC: Damage 13 + 5 fire. Also take into account the clouting ability which will try to knock it back as an additional force.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

You burst the bolt on the door and it swings in (your attack couldn't break the door down in one, but clouting + the attack should be enough to burst it (in the future, let's say the clouting ability gives a +4 to strength checks to break things.).

As the door swings open, you see a swor archon kneeling behind a chair about 10 feet directly in front of the door. He holds a very familiar looking crossbow. The huge bolt impales itself in the doorfame, and the archon unslings a massive greatsword. You hear faint his as a jagged blackish bolt that seems to absorb all light whizzes over your shoulder, slamming into the chest of the archon, who seems to wither and decay into a dead husk over the course of a few seconds. The body collapses)

OOC: You know, both of those guys were meant to make thier saves. Sword archons with extra levels of fighter aren't meant to be mooks. This is like the exact oposite of BoGR. The good guys are all failing thier saves. This is a problem. Expect a remedy. Cool

Round 1 so far (correct me if I've messed up):

Bruce: 17 (Brought down the door)
Ixa: 11 ('surrenders')
Min: 15 (Finger of death to the guy guarding the door)
Canzon: 25 (Casts mirror image) OOC: you have annother action
Downstairs Archon/s: 16 (lose thier readied action after firing at bruce)
Upstairs Archons: 23 (Menace Ixa)
Penance: ?

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
15 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 26.
9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 23.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance eyes the human, anger flashing across his unseen face. The grey-cloaked "assassin" moves, still invisible, through the door and scans for any nearby or hidden foes.

OOC: Readied action. Just use my checks from before, since they were pointless if there was a second door. Forgive my last post; rare moment at home, so I was out with the family.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce: 17 (Brought down the door)
Ixa: 11 ('surrenders')
Min: 15 (Finger of death to the guy guarding the door)
Canzon: 25 (Casts mirror image) OOC: you have annother action
Downstairs Archon/s: 16 (lose thier readied action after firing at Bruce)
Upstairs Archons: 23 (Menace Ixa)
Penance: Delay

Penace: You move 10 feet up so you are right in front of the table. Bruce is one square behind you, and Min is one square behind him, still in the entryway. You see no enemies.

End of round 1.

OOC: Benyamin, when you ready an action, you need to specify a condition and a response (E.g. 'I will ready an action to fire at anyone walking through this doorframe'), otherwise it's delaying, not readying, and your action dosen't interrupt the innitiative count. And I'm quite not sure what you're apologizing for, but apology accepted--real life is kind of more important than PBP D&D.

Round 2:

Canzonzabar, Drum, and Ixa:

"Come down here," one of the archons commands Ixa. "We swear we will do do you no harm. (Failed sense motive again.)

Ixa makes a good show of reluctantly descending the the stairs. He is surround by celestials on three sides. He makes an even better show of looking around at the sword carrying archons with concern--probably because at least part of the concern is genuine.

finish later, sorry

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 18.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Er, yes, delay. And here's my (now to be obsolete) initiative roll: 7 hello whomping low rolls -_-

5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 7.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Benyamin, the great thing is that since you've delayed, you can move into the initiative count anywhere

Finishing the post above.

Penance, Bruce, and Min.

You are all in a line. That is most unfortunate. Annother archon steps out of the door immediately next to Penance (below on the map) and casts a spell (He succesfully cast defensively, so he dosen't provoke). Everyone needs to make a reflex save or take 51 slashing damage (subject to DR). Penance and winds up on top (on the map) of the barrier and Min is still trapped in the entryway. Unfortunately, Bruce has nowhere to step (Trapped by the staircase. and therefore no reasonable way to save for 1/2 damage, but next round, if you make a reflex save, you can move out of the wall without taking any damage. Min manages to step back and evade the worst of the spell (OOC: Min made a reflex save--barely. That's not supposed to happen with only a +4 bonus to ref.) and takes 16 damage (DR 10/good)

Min will dispell the blade barrier when it is her action (and fail to do so).

round 2:

Downstairs archon: Blade barrier
Min: Dispell magic
Upstairs archons: Surround
Ixa: 'Surrender'

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 15d6+0, the result is 51.
13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 32.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 21.
13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 16.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Reaching out to both Drum and Ixa telepathically, Canzonzabar informs them of his disposition.

“Interesting development, but these merciful morons will not be fooled forever. However, their magical defences are likely beyond what most of my magic can penetrate, and I will not make myself a target to be eradicated. I will fall in when our foes are otherwise engaged.”

OOC:
Canzonzabar delays for now, waiting for Min, Bruce, and Penance to fall in from below.

Also, I think might be a mixup here, Wei.
Canzon used mirror image immediately after Min told him they were going to attack. Since Trias doesn’t have a sheet at the moment I don’t know how we handle this, but I doubt Drum would want to sit passively through round 1, rather than strike while the archons are off-guard.

In any case, the falxugon is staying out of combat until allies have engaged the enemy since he likely can do them very little harm, and thus would only make himself a target.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: thanks. Also, remember, drum is further back, and would have to sneak out before attacking.

BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: It is unfortunete that Bruce has no place to escape to. If only Bruce needed to escape...
Ignore reality. Bruce makes a will save in place of his reflex save (38) + 4 because it is vs magic (42).
And because of mettle, on a successful save (which I assume a 42 is) Bruce takes no damage.

Bruce cocks his head to one side. "Well that was rude."

Bruce closes his eyes for a moment.

On three.

Got it.

One/One.
Two/Two.
Three.

Bruce opens his eyes and they both GLOW. One blue, and one yellow.

OOC: Psychic Crush on the archon. he has to make a DC 23 will or be instantly reduced to -1 hp. If he succeeds, he still takes 10 damage.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce:

The blades seem to bend around you rather than passing through you

The Archon collapses, dying.

OOC: Damn. He rolled a natural 1. This isn't even sporting. :/

Round 2 so far:

Downstairs archon: Blade barrier
Min: Dispell magic
Upstairs archons: Surround
Ixa: 'Surrender'
Canzon Delay
Drum: ?
Penance?
Bruce Kills annother poor sod.

13 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+13, the result is 14.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance surges forward through the blades, oblivious to the damage. As he nears the archon, the warrior halts as the holy warrior crumples from cerebral damage. Mentally cursing, the cloaked fighter trudges past into the room the archon jumped from.

OOC: Relf: 9 I rolled min's proper save for you Sticking out tongue

7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 9.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Benyamin, you could step through the door since its right next to you, but no trudging is needed. The room you step into seems to be a lounge of sorts. There is a simple couch and a mtching rug. There is also a large cabinet opposite the sofa.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Not taking any chances, Penance raises his hand and emits a burst of psychic dread at the large cabinet. To anyone able to see him, a grey-cloaked warrior of the Arbiter's build now stands in the room, a midnight greatsword in hand.

OOC: Fear (DC 18 will)

Not the dive into the fray action I had planned, but it seemed better than gutting furniture. Laughing out loud

Which Init do I take? the Archon's or Bruce's?

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penace:

The closet (or whoever is in it) does not appear to be terrified. Make a listen check.

(OOC: Hey, it sure beats the hell out of intimidating and then executing a chair--not that I wasn't a part of that madness too.)

Having not acted round 1, you can jump in on any count you feel like (I would house rule that that couldn't be higher than your best possible initiative, though, so, you can act on your maximimum initiative score now)

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: LOL. Glad the effect is invisible and no one saw his hand up...cause that would be hard to explain. "I was...flexing my fingers." Sticking out tongue

Gotcha on the init.

Listen: 15

11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 15.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penace:

You hear flowing water below you. (Remember, Sigil dosen't have a sewer, so this seems especialy suspicious)

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: I didn't say Penance pee'd his...just kidding. Laughing out loud

Spot: 30
Search: 20
Sense Motive: 27

Readied swift action for suggestion if a person is located.

IC:

Penance poises his balance for quick action, thrusting his arcane senses around swifter than a human might. "What do we have here?"

12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 27.
11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 30.
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 20.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance:

It's a full round action to search a single 5 foot square (there are a total of exactly 7 squares in the room). If you want to do a quick sweep starting on round 3, that's a full round action or more (the longer you take the lower you penalty. You can also ransack the room in 2-3 rounds to see if you find antything interesting that isn't broken.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Argh. Ok. Go with the spot and sense motive then, if they cover the last of my round of actions. Inevitable's are thorough, but a viable threat is first before probable ones.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Spot and sense motive don't require actions (I'm pretty sure) so you can do both on round 2. (Used your most recent checks. ) You do not see anything hugely unusual about the room except that the closset seems to be locked and the rug is not straightened propperly.

(waiting for Drum. Trias, sorry I skipped you round 1, but Drum would have to move up to the stairs before any kind of an attack, so I'll assume you did that first round.)

Round 2 so far:

Downstairs archon: Blade barrier
Min: Dispell magic
Upstairs archons: Surround
Ixa: 'Surrender'
Canzon Delay
Drum: ?
Penance: Checks out the lounge area, casts fear
Bruce Kills annother poor sod.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Trias, is it possible for you to tak a non pschcotic attack action, just to keep things working. (Did Drum ignore Min and keep the applesauce. That might be interesting.)

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Su'ore Drum is temporarily distracted by an ant that he sees crawling up the wall. He's pretending to be three people, and betting amongst them (himself) whether the ant will crawl up to the ceiling or go into a crack.

OOC: No Action

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Round 2:

Downstairs archon: Blade barrier
Min: Dispell magic
Upstairs archons: Surround
Ixa: 'Surrender'
Canzon Delay
Drum: No action
Penance: Checks out the lounge area, casts fear
Bruce Kills annother poor sod.

Penance, Bruce, Min:

Min curses and then points her hand at the wall directly in fron of her. Orange magical energy flashes from her fingertips and a large section of the wall vanishes. Small flecks of ash drift lazily down from where the plaster wall once was. Min or one of her duplicates steps through the hole in the wall. (She is standing at the base of the stairs--or on them according to the map) The archons do not seem to notice the hole--the spell's effects made very little noise.

The archon who cast the blade barrier steps behind cover again. You hear him casting a spell. (Spellcraft for those interested)

Canzon, Drum, Ixa:

"I will take this one. The rest of you should handle our foes downstairs," says on of the archons.

Ixa reverts to his original form and lashes out with his claws. Neither of the hurried attacks seem to have any affect. Judging by the horrible screeching sound, the celestials are wering glamored armor as well.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 6.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: I thought Bruce crushed the brains of the archon who cast blade barrier--Penance wouldn't have done all that investigation if a threat stood nearby.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: You're right, but you stepped into that room as a part of you save. :oops: In that case you hear a spell being cast from behind the staircase, you don't see the caster.

Canzon, Drum, Ixa.

(OOC: I forgot these guys havn't had thier turn yet)

"DIE, YOU VILE FIEND!" says one of the archons, swininging his sword at Ixa. The others follow suit. (each takes a full attack) They manage to stab Ixa 4 times, he twists skillfully out of the way of the other 5 strikes. Ixa is seriously wounded--his clever stunt seems to have almost cost him his life (83 damage).

With visible effort, he sneers at his attackers: "What purpose does this serve? I have nothing to lose when I am killed. I have no prestiege to loses, and no rank that can be taken from me. I will simply return and kill you some other time if I die now. Your cause is a hopeless one."

(OOC: Min and Ixa's DR has changed to 30/magic) (hint, hint, nudge, nudge--which is actually less usefull in a high level campaign--(rather than 10/good--which is very useful. How many fiends carry holy swords?)

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 4.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 3.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 16.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 18.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 21.
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 20.
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 23.
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 19.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 2.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The falxugon sighs inwardly, feeling no sympathy for the consequences of Ixa’s stunt. As the sword archons respond with violence, the fiend contacts the sibling before going for reinforcements.

“I hope you had not expected any shining white knights to come to your aid, because they are all busy trying to redeem themselves after having had a little talk with me.”

“Stay alive while I usher our harder-hitting allies to save your hide.”

The harvester devil then teleports to the front door, looking for Min, Penance, and Bruce to let them know about the trouble upstairs.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzon:

Remember, devil, death is not a significant setback to me--hardly even a minor inconvenience. So far, things are working as planned, snaps Ixa to you telepathically. (You notice that his statement seems a bit halfhearted, but it seems as though he is telling the truth about his actions being planned.

OOC: Which square do you teleport to? Remember, you don't know about the blade barrier downstairs.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Since he doesn’t know about the situation inside the house, he’s just teleporting to a square immediately outside the front door (still invisible, in disguise, and mirror imaged).

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzon:

You appear on the doorstep of the house. You can see Min and her illusory duplicates in the process of disintegrating the wall, though you are seperated from her by the blade barrier.

I'm waiting on Penance, Drum, and Bruce at the moment.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

DP

15 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 28.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

At the sound of the spellcasting, the grey cloaked warrior with the obsidian greatsword spins skillfully around the corner and crosses the distance to the archon to strike.

"Perish, fiend!"

AC: (power attack -5/+5)
Dmg: 17 (you'll have to do any speical dmg for properties; don't have the information at hand)

Reflex: 17

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 13.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+8, the result is 17.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 17.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

You need to roll damage for your attack) and a reflex save or take 59 points of damage (DR applies) success means you take no damage.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
I rolled 15d6+0, the result is 59.
Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.