This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

1646 posts / 0 new
Last post
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Yes...my internet is touchy at times, which explains the delay. Posted above.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Tired of DPing *shoots internet connection* -_-

BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce uses his turn to head upstairs and investiage the gunshot he heard earlier.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce:

one of the archons facing down the stairs alerts his companions of your prescence.

"There's one trying to sneak up on us!" he says, pointing to you.

Penance:

The archon wasn't expecting an attack, and he stops in mid-sylable, botching his casting. Your unholy weapon cuts deep into the shoulder of the archon, leaving a painful, put far from leathal wound.

OOC: I'm waiting for Trias now. I have no problem with Drum fighting with the stats I have. If I don't get a post in while I'll asume Drum finds the ants truly engrosing.

11 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 16.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Still invisible, with weapons drawn, Drum quickly gets bored of the ants, and unleashes his madness on the nearest Archon

OOC: Before I roll -2 questions - 1) Combat reflexes - does drum get 6 extra attacks (for a total of 12) if the Archon is flat footed?
Also one other question about sneak attacks- do all of Drum's attacks get the +2d6 sneak attack bonus or just one?

BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC:
1: combat reflexes give you extra attacks of oppertunity, and the ability to use them if you are flatfooted. You can't use these as actual attacks on your turn.

2: Its only the first attack that has sneak attack, or the first attack that hits, depending on the DM.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: With respect to sneak attacks, I would say it depends. In this case, since you are invisible it'd be the first that hit, but if you were clearly visible using a biggish weapon (like your longsowrd) I would say it would be just the first attack.

Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Ok, thanks for clearing that up - I'm not strong on the finer aspects of melee (i've never played a fighter with this high a level before- usually go with the spellcasters)... so to anyone and everyone -if something I do/roll seems wrong during combat, it probably is.. don't hesitate to correct me.

Oh, and by the way, i'll roll for combat once I get to my home comp and have access to my character sheet.


Ok, here come the attack rolls

Fore:
Attack 1: 6+19 = 25
Attack 2: 15+8 = 23
Off:
Attack 3: 12+5 = 17
Attack 4: 10+0 = 10
Attack 5: 4-5 = -1

Damage
Attack 1: 6+9 = 15
Attack 2: 6+9 = 15
Attack 3: 2+11= 13
Attack 4: 2+11 = 13
Attack 5: 2+11 = 13

Additional Sneak Damage = 8 (if applicable)

Additional Damage for Lawful (if applicable)
Attack 1: 9
Attack 2: 12

Additional Damage for Good (if applicable)
Attack 1: 9
Attack 2: 11

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 4.
I rolled 1d8+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d8+0, the result is 2.
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 8.
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 2.
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 9.
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 12.
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 11.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Drum:

The archon, who had his back to the stairs facing Ixa did not expect a barmy jester to jump out behind him and stab him in the back. Before his comrades have time to warn him, you get a solid hit in on his wing. Your follow-up attacks are deflected or strike armor. (42 damage)

"It's Su'ore Drum!" shouts one of the archons (the one who had been atempting to negotiate with Ixa only moments ago.) He looks very close to dead and is badly bleeding.

"I will be seeing you again shortly," he wheezes and spits before vanishing. As he does, you hear a barked arcane sylable from behind you. Three white hot rays leap over your shoulder and strike the archon you snuck up on squarely in the chest.

Remember, we still want mostly-intact prisoners, says Ixa to you.

OOC: You are on the ten most wanted people in Sigil list after all. Also, thanks for not using death-attack since my much-beloved mooks can't seem to make saves vs. death effects.

Round 4 has begun.

Round 4:

Drum and Ixa:

Three of the archons turn to face you, judging the mass murderer they recognize to be a greater threat (OOC: and turn thier backs on the arcanaloth Puzzled ) Two move to flank you and make 1/2 round attacks. The third just swings his sword at you, taking several massive swings (thankfully the guy who was power attacking missed all but once). You are hit three times (52 damage total).

The remaining archon attacks Ixa. Her attacks are more cautious (still a full round, 1 hit)

She strikes Ixa once, and he drops to his knees, badly wounded. Despite this, he manages to teleport away.

"I will be seeing you again shortly," he rasps and spits, doing a poor job of sounding menacing."

As Ixa vanishes, you hear a barked string of arcane words. Three white hot rays leap from Min's hand over your shoulder, striking the archon you hit previously (scorching ray, 2 hits, 1 critical hit) While badly scorched and cut, the archon is still standing.

Penance:The archon draws his sword and steps backwards, alarmed.

"FIEND?! I SHALL SMITE YOU DOWN!"

(OOC: It just had to be said.)

Canzon:

You hear soft footsteps and ragged breathing behind you. (You are still seperated from everyone else by the blade bbarrier, though you could teleport past it or try and dispell it.

Bruce: With the commotion upstairs, you have been temporarily ignored.

I need everyone else's actions now.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 6.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 3.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
31 Bonus for to do
I rolled 6d6+31, the result is 54.
14 Bonus for to do
I rolled 8d6+14, the result is 40.
7 Bonus for to do
I rolled 4d6+7, the result is 27.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 13.
I rolled 16d6+0, the result is 54.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

upon hearing his name called, the Joker cannot resist:

REALLY??! WHERE???!

Even as he finishes the sentence, he begins a backwards somersault out of harm's way.

OOC:
Jump (as far away as possible from the Archons): 46
Tumble (to land w/o damage): 11
Move Silently: (Have a silent landing- the reasons for which explained below): 35
Activates "Invisibility"
Drum wants to make it appear as if he flew into the ceiling and disappeared (when in fact he just became invisible in the midst of a somersault).
Perform: 6 ..blaaah

42 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+42, the result is 46.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 11.
26 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+26, the result is 35.
3 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 6.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Drum:

You gracefully land ten feet back (at the top of the stairs), practically without a sound. The four archons look genuinely puzzled. The one who you stabbed (the closest to the stairs)

"I think I heard him casting a spell as he jumped, and there was a noise up there," says the stabbed and burnt archon closest to the stairs, pointing almost exactly to where you are standing with his sword."

(OOC: Finally, they start making thier rolls.)

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Without losing stride, the gray clad warrior pursues his assault in several sweeping strikes. "Die, Devil!"

OOC: Full Attack

AC: 19 (-5/+5)
Dmg: 25 (un+3; imp+2)

AC: 24
Dmg: 19 (un+4; imp +2)

Unholy gives +2d6 vs. good right? and impact gives...?

10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 19.
9 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+9, the result is 20.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 24.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+4, the result is 13.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 3.
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 4.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

When the devil sees Min ahead, he contacts her to update about the scene above:

"Your brother has stuck his foot in a big pile of sword archons and I haven't heard from the jester, Lady Min. Assistance from you three is needed as expeditiously as possible."

Canzonzabar looks carefully around at the sound of approaching footsteps. Assuming none are still within sight, he casts Silent Image to cover up the front of the house as if nothing was out of place, but with an additional feature:

He makes it seem as if two young men related to Jowen is sparring in the front yard, then takes on the guise of Jowen and drops the invisibility and mirror images (using the appearance of "Jowen" that he saw the sword archon wear before Ixa shot it dead).
If it doesn't sound like he'll have time to accomplish this before someone runs into view, he'll just settle for covering up the front of the house and keeping his spells up.

OOC:
Let me know if you want Disguise check or something else for the task. Yes, I know there will likely be severe circumstantial penalties for pulling something like this off, but I thought it might cool if I could. If Canzon can't lend much aid in the combat, he can make himself useful where his talents lie Laughing out loud

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzon:

I am fully aware of my brother's status. He *is* behind you, you know., Min says to you telepathically. Defensively, she adds: If you do not think I am contributing enough, you are welcome to join me here, she says, looking through a pouch on in her robes.

(OOC: what have we learned about insulting Min's spellcasting? Smiling)

Yes you can disguise yousrelf as Jowen at a toatal penalty of -10 (-20 for hardly having seen him, +10 from disguise self). Silent image won't require any skill checks, but you'll have to concentrate, since it lasts only 1 round + caster level). It may be best to loose the people in the front, though since there is no noise and Jownen's neighbors (if they are in) would recognize his children (and know they should be at work, not fooling around).

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC:
I can’t really conceive how that might’ve been taken as a personal insult to Min.

Anyway, Canzon will make a cover-up without people then and keep his defences, holding concentration and looking out for anyone approaching the house.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Are you assuming Jowen's form? If not are you staying invisible.

OOC: Thinking rationally, neither can I, but she would take it as an insult. Min would be mad either that you didn't notice the scorching ray or assume you were mocking her.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC:
I'm taking Jowen's form but staying invisible and mentally informing nearby allies of my status. It could come in handy to fool archons or divert outside interference, but I wouldn't want to be hit by "friendly fire". Devil's love control, after all. Smiling

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Disguise check?

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Here you go. With the +10 from Disguise Self and -20 circumstantial it becomes 25.

31 Bonus for Disguise to do
I rolled 1d20+31, the result is 35.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Okay, waiting on everyone else now.

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penances actions are above (full attk) with questions about enchantments (not included in dmg).

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Impact adds +2 to weapon damage

Benyamin's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2007-01-03
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Alrighty. Editing post above to reflect true damage

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

When I said everyone else, what I really meant was that I was waiting for BERK. :oops:

BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce thinks for a moment, and walks up to the closest Archon.

"You know, we're just investigating an attack on a bar that happened yesterday. I don't suppose we can just talk? As much fun as a this is, I'd rather not level this building if I can avoid it."

What are you doing? I was having fun!

Killing celestials, while fun, makes us the wrong kind of enemies. It more enjoyable when I can justify my violence.

Fine, but if he attacks us I'm taking him out.

OOC: Diplomacy: 37

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce:

The celestial who had delt with Ixa turns around and holds his sword ready, though he takes no other action (because he can't).

"Investigate? You call breaking into a building alongside fiends and wanted murderers and then attackin without first speaking investigating? We had no part in attacking any kind of bar yesterday or any other time!"

You hear a quiet laugh from behind you.

"You are lying," says Min, still disguised as a human. "I find that very ironic. Perhaps we should rethink things somewhat. I'm not entirely sure you know whose side you are on. Lying and attacking unprepared enemies does not suppourt law and good."

(OOC: I need to come up with rules for taunting (Like anti-diplomacy))

Round 4 has begun.

Bottom floor inside (Bruce, Penance, Min):

Min drops her disguise as do three of her duplicates, who enter the room through the hole in the wall. They move around enough to make it impossible to tell which one is the real Min. The three duplicates and the rela Min all prapare to cast a spell.

"I have a propsal to make," says Min, grinning. "It seems that you are soundly outclassed and have no hope whatsoever of winning this battle. If all of you surrender now, we will cause no further damage here and will leave with what we want. If you chose not to, my brother/sister (she uses the Yugloth word) will start adding to the bodycount outside. We have no desire to stay any longer than we must and if you are not fallen," She stresses this, "Then you will not seek to harm noncombatants."

"YOU LIE! How are we to know you won't kill them anyway?"

"Because," says Min with mocking patience, "I am Yugloth and not Tanar'ri. I always act out of self intrest. I do not stand to benifit from killing bystanders, therefore I will not waste my time doing so unless I must."

Slightly calmer now, the archon facing downstairs responds: "I'll not fall for your vile tricks. You are a fiend. You must die. Those bystanders would gladly die for an honorable cause."

"I very much doubt that, but If you insist."

Min points a clawed hand at the archon facing and then gestures to the blade barrier. The archon is hurled down the stairs over Bruce and Min's heads and into the whirling blades created by his allies. (saved for 1/2 (finally)) (36 damage) Min urns around face the new threat (who provokes an attack of oportunity from Min if he tries to get out of the barrier.

To Bruce: If any attacks strike me in the back while I am dealing with this one I will vent my displeasure on you.

One of the remaining two sword archons charges down the stairs (the less damaged one) The other advances upstairs, hunting for Drum.

The spellcaster archon atempts to cast again (succesfully casts defensively)

Outside (Ixa and Canzonzabar):

Canzon sees no new developments outside.

Ixa drinks two potions of cure serious wounds. (heals 43 HP)

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 9.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
I rolled 12d6+0, the result is 46.
18 Bonus for to do
I rolled 8d8+18, the result is 46.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 6d8+10, the result is 43.
12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 27.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC:
I'm a bit confused about the current state of things here. Did Min throw a sword archon through the blade barrier blocking the main entrance, and thus at the feet of Canzon and Ixa, or was that another blade barrier somewhere else?

In general, though, if its not too much trouble, could we get an update on (last known) positions of characters in the house?

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: Hang on, my internet connection is giving me trouble right now, I have to finish the above post. Canzon and Ixa are outside at the street. Here it is.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Okay, all done with the edits and updates now.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The devil walks near the entrance while words are exchanged in the house, taking mental notes of what is going on and contacting any allies he can reach telepathically to be updated on the situation inside.

When the sword archon is thrown into the whirling blades of force, Canzonzabar adds insult to injury and taps into his sorcerous might to raze the celestial with a lesser orb of acid.

“You are barely worthy of our time, you pathetic feathered tools.”

OOC:
Subtracting -4 from touch attack on the assumption that the archon has cover from being at a corner in relation to Canzon.

14 Bonus for Ranged touch (i to do
I rolled 1d20+14, the result is 27.
0 Bonus for Damage to do
I rolled 4d8+0, the result is 25.
Trias's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2006-08-14
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: nice touch with the maps wei - they really put things into perspective.

The Joker waits for the Archon to come within 5 feet of him, then jumps back down from the top to the middle of the stairs (avoiding the bottom where the two other archons are stationed), again trying to be as silent as possible when he lands.

Also, if he can, he will study the Archon that just moved up the stairs for a death attack (round 1 - if applicable)

Jump: 62 (nat 20!)
Move Silently: 29
Tumble (landing): 23

42 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+42, the result is 62.
26 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+26, the result is 29.
10 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+10, the result is 23.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzon:

You hit and do full damage

Drum:

Nobody seems to hear you land.

You can act and study the archon for a death attack (remember, that the rest of the party wants the archons alive and you can use the paralyse option for the attack, though frustrating everyone else and just killing the archon works too.)

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Bruce drops his left hand to his belt, and un-clips a short golden rod with blue crystals at each end.

"Trust me when I say that I'm doing you a favor." He says to the archon charging down the stairs. There is a flash of light from both crystals, and... nothing immediately obvious happens.

OOC: The archon that was coming down the stairs is now trapped in an invisible, solid box made of force. (Forcecage) It will take more than your standard dispel magic to get rid of it.

"Now stay there. If you try to escape, I will officially be out of patience."

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

The archon runs straight into the wall of the forcecage. After he recovers from the impact, he tries to regain his bearings. (OOC: you have also trapped Drum and anyone else who can't teleport on the second and third floors)

BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: I know, but Bruce wouldn't think about that.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

OOC: And Drum would probably be thrilled too. He could chase an archon into an invisible wall while screeching something uninteligable about applesauce. Laughing out loud

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

While I understand that Real Life causes problems, I think I will NPC absent characters after a few day to make sure things keep moving. I have to be at school pretty soon, but I will post round 5 when I get back.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Penance's actions:

Penance realizes he had underestimated how heavily armored the archons were (he missed twice. I kind of forgot to mention that). This time, he takes two more careful swings at the archon, who is now backed against a wall. (2 hits, 1 critical (failed to confirm). Your attacks do considerable damage, but the archon's glammored armor protects him frim being struck more seriously.

Round 5:

Blade barrier archon:
(needs to make a reflex save or take the blade barrier's damage) The archon, seriously wounded, tries to push his way past Min, atacking her in the process in order to aid his allies. (He provokes) He avoids damage from the blade barrier, but is struck by Min's sword) As he escapes Min strikes his arm, inflicting very little (10 HP) damage, but causing his weapon to clatter harmlessly to the ground. (My mooks are going BOGR on me Puzzled, nat 1) He is now standin between Penance and Min. (Penance makes an AoO and hits fo 27 damage) This archon seems badly wounded and easily subdued.

Archon in a box (ha ha):
The archon looks around him, checking to see if she (OOC: if I said 'he' earlier, it's my mistake) is fully trapped. Out of desparation, she tries (and fails) to dispell the cage

Archon trapped by Penance:
Realizing he is trapped the spellcaster assumes a defensive stance (total defence, regognizing that he cannot expect to escape.

Archon searching for Drum:
This archon realizes that he is now the only one upstairs--trapped in a confined area with a mass murderer. He retreats to the master bedroom (the botommost one on the third floor) and shuts the door. You can hear it being braced with a cheast of drawers.

Outside:

Canzon sees Ixa cast a spel. A glowing bead leaps from his hand and strikes a more distant house. A fire begins to spread in the wooden building. Ixa then vanishes with a small shimmer (invisibility).

You also hear the snap of teleport spells somewhat further down the street (around a corner). You hear a human voice giving instructions. It sounds like an elite city guard response team. Time is of the esence now.

Min:
Min turns to take advantage of the wounded archon's predicament. She attacks with a clawed hand. (hit for 2 damage.) Hey, at least it overcomes DR) The archon does not seem to be weakened by the scratch Min has inflicted. The maybe-arcanaloth then casts a spell, freezing the archon in place.

0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 19.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 16.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 7.
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+6, the result is 14.
I rolled 2d6+6, the result is 13.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+0, the result is 5.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 11.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
5 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d8+5, the result is 8.
4 Bonus for to do
I rolled 2d6+4, the result is 12.
20 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+20, the result is 21.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 12.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 4d6+8, the result is 17.
15 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+15, the result is 24.
1 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d4+1, the result is 2.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 20.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzonzabar informs his compatriots of his plan, then takes on the guise of a noble woman and heads off towards the sounds of approaching law enforcement.

“Safe keepers have teleported nearby and are closing in, we need to wrap this up expeditiously! Make sure to procure a prisoner and what evidence might be recovered quickly. I will buy us time and rendezvous at Lady Min’s mansion, should we be separated.”

The devil will seem to be distraught and worried, and keep telepathic connection to Ixa about what he sees and hears.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzon:

You see twelve city guards asembled around the corner. They look to be former Hardheads if the gleaming armor is any indication. They are armed with silver longswords and large shields, bearing the insignia of the City Guard. You can see (like Harmonium patrols before the Faction War) that they are arranged into squads of four men. They have not yet noticed the fire and are discussing how to storm the house.

When one of the guards (he is keeping watch around the corner) notices you, he signals his fellows, and thier discusion ceases.

"Ma'am, I sugest you get off the street. There are fiends here and it isn't safe."

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Disguised as a distressed noblewoman, Canzon runs up to the speaker who seemed in charge and points towards the fire, panicked and crying his eyes out.

“Officer, you have to help me! My children are trapped up there, some monsters set my house on fire! I thought they would kill me! Please, you have to save my little babies!”

31 Bonus for Bluff to do
I rolled 1d20+31, the result is 32.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

This is the Clerk's Ward. Are you sure you want to look so wealthy?

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzon merely wishes to appear a little more established than the common folks, not overtly so or to the extent that it seems out of place. Not all wealthy people live in the Lady’s Ward after all, and if Jowen owns a two-story house I’m guessing the neighbourhood is a bit above middle-class.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

(OOC: When you say noble, I think you mean *noble,* as in Golden Lord noble. Oops)

"I don't see a fire, Ma'am. Where is your house?" the oficer says cautiously because he sees no fire and he knows that fiends are involved. He's coming into this situation very suspicious.

BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"Don't bother trying that, it won't work." Bruce says in a dull voice. He cocks his head to his side, and his eyes light up. "On the bright side, The Watch will be here soon, so you'll be safe."
"Speaking of safe, is there anyone else around here you want me to help, or would you rather enjoy my company a bit longer? I'm told I have a fantastic personality or two, but if you ask real nice I might just manage to keep another of you people out of the dead book."

Well, this is new for you. You're actually concerning yourself with the well being of others.

Not really, you've overlooked something pretty important.

... You must be joking.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the dames.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Blinking through teary eyes, Canzon seems surprised and further distressed and again points vigorously at the fire and clearly visible trail of smoke that emanates from it.

“My babies are trapped in a fire, Officer, and you are just going to wait for them to die?! Its right there, you can clearly see the smoke rising!”

31 Bonus for Bluff to do
I rolled 1d20+31, the result is 32.
weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Round 5 has begun

Round 5:

Outside:

Canzon:
You see the oficer casting a spell. It has no visible effect on him. Your knowledge of magic allows you to see the spell the oficer cast is a zone of truth. You also see the oficer give a series of hand signals to his men.

"What is your name, Ma'am?"

Ixa: (OOC: nobody can see this. The post is for my reference)

Teleports to the burning building (it has 3 stories as well) to a good vantage point on the third level. He then casts greater mage armor (3rd level, +6 bonus on himself) Nobody is in the the room. They are on the first floor and are collecting some of thier belongings before fleeing onto the street. (the fire isn't very serious)

Inside, 1st floor, back 1/2 (Penance, Min):

Penance continues swinging with an inevitable's determination. He scores 1 hit (for 28 points of damage)

Min takes a novel approach to dispatching her foe--shoving him to the ground and then digging her claws into his neck (she drops her sword). (2 attacks with +5 damage each and poison) (OOC: I know this is an illegal action, technically, but it makes sense in the context. Tripping a paralyzed enemy should be a free action.) 19 points + a -2 to BAB and -15 to strength a minute later) Despite this, the archon cannot defend himself.

Drum:
Awaiting actions

Bruce:
The box archon does not respond to you. She just glares.

20 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+20, the result is 30.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 5d6+0, the result is 17.
12 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+12, the result is 16.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 14.
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 18.
6 Bonus for to do
I rolled 1d4+6, the result is 10.
I rolled 1d4+6, the result is 9.
0 Bonus for to do
I rolled 4d6+0, the result is 15.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 17.
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 5.
8 Bonus for to do
I rolled 4d6+8, the result is 21.
BERK's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2004-12-20
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

"Oh come on, why the silent treatment? There must be someone in this joint that..." Suddenly Bruce's eyes dim.

"Sorry about that. He can be a pest sometimes. Not that you are likely to care, but I'm probably not as bad a person as you think, and I see no reason why anyone else need be hurt here."

Bruce turns around and begins to walk down the stairs, looking for the Archon he Psionically crushed before. "You should be out of there in a few hours at most. Enjoy the rest of your day." He yells to the archon in the box.

weishan's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2007-04-16
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

You still do not elicit a response. The crushed archon is slumped near the table. He's not dead yet.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Game: We're Still not Quite Dead Yet

Canzonzabar starts sobbing, seemingly in desperation of the way the soldiers treat his persona. After about six seconds, “she” musters the strength to answer the officer.

“My name is Petunia Briggs, I’ve just moved to Sigil with my family recently to escape my ex-husband. My sister said there was good law enforcement here, that we would be safe.”
*sniff*
“I guess she was wrong.”

OOC:
The spellcaster must beat Canzon's Spell Resistance of 17 for the Zone of Truth to affect him. Assuming he is successful, I've rolled Canzon's Will save to resist the spell, along with check for getting somewhere with these guards (though stalling works just as well).

'weishan' wrote:
The crushed archon is slumped near the table. He's not dead yet.
You mean he’s not quite dead yet. Eye-wink

29 Bonus for Will save to do
I rolled 1d20+29, the result is 46.
31 Bonus for Bluff to do
I rolled 1d20+31, the result is 49.
Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.