This is a snapshot copy of Planewalker before our recent database crash. Please go to www.planewalker.com for the current site.

War of the Facets -- Phase II: Rescue

Announcement!

We have moved to new, and hopefully better hardware! Along with this move came a bunch of updates to our code base. Please let me know if you spot something wonky.

83 posts / 0 new
Last post
Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
War of the Facets -- Phase II: Rescue

The City of Glass, The Dancing Mermaid 8:50 AM, Day 4 of the War of the Facets

Thalivan treated you all to a lavish breakfast before sending you off.  The fare at the Mermaid was delicious, and Thalivan, being an arcane, spared little expense in taking care of his employees.  After all, a well-treated employee performed better, and Thalivan could always cut the cord if he felt his workers were unsatisfactory.  The repast consisted mostly of seafood, some you recognized and others you didn't.  There was some familiar dry-land food, too.  Some bacon, eggs, rolls and cheese accompanied the exotic local fare.

Over breakfast, the arcane explained the task.  Business as usual, your tall, blue-skinned employer spared little time in giving you the assignment.  You were to travel to a city called Aremshah on the Plane of Air, a popular trading hub noted for its portals to several planes, including a large caravan portal to Sigil.  Once there, you were to go to the Glowing Gem after dinner.  A water genasi named Ghadir spent his evenings at the Gem, which catered primarily to genasi of all types.  If anyone knew the locations of Salt portals in the City of Glass, it'd be him.  And if he was reluctant to talk, Thalivan said to use his name, and possibly a little garnish, and Ghadir would be glad to help.  He gave you every assurance that he would talk to the local guard, as well as research the origin of the symbol.  And so, armed with directions, information, and a person to find, you set off for the Glowing Gem on the Plane of Air.



 

Aremshah, The Glowing Gem 9:30 PM, Day 4 of the War of the Facets

You arrived at the city of Aremshah in the morning and had the entire day to spend doing whatever you needed or wanted to do.  The city was a mangificent metropolis with beautiful spires of glass and crystal.  In one section of the city, the Temple of Akadi dominated the skyline. Its glassy, transparent curves and magnificent airy shapes reached up into the endless blue sky above.  The Palace of the Caliph towered over another section of the city, its slender towers and minarets gleaming like a series of stars and gems in the sky.  It was a majestic sight, a testament to the wealth and prestige of the Caliph.  Interestingly, the current Caliph, As'ad, was no djinn at all, but the air genasi son of a djinn and a mortal woman.  As'ad held a reputation as a powerful druid, however, and a prominent master of elemental energy, and had gained the respect of his people despite not being a full-blood djinn.


 



Chances were that you'd never get the opportunity to see As'ad, though.  Your travels were to take you away from the palace and the surrounding neighborhoods and toward the seedier areas of town. So, later that evening after spending time wandering the city and doing a bit of shopping and sightseeing, you all regrouped and made your way to the Glowing Gem.



Though not properly in the slums, the Glowing Gem sat close to the less-prestigious areas of Aremshah.  The Gem saw its fair share of unsavory types as well as a number of more upstanding citizens.  Most of the patrons were indeed genasi of all different shapes and colors.  The interior was decorated with colorful glass lanterns hanging from the ceiling, all stained to resemble glowing gemstones that gave the bar its name.  Entrance seemed to be either at a premium or with a modest cover charge, judging by the people that stopped to talk to the bouncers at the front door.  Three fire genasi did most of the talking, but one creature stood off to the side, looking a little out of place...



 Image



Welcome to Phase II!  This one will be a bit short.  At any rate, you have a most of a full day to do whatever you might want to do.  Shopping, wandering, etc.  If you buy things, let me know what you pick up.  Aremshah is a trade hub, so you can find just about anything you need to get.  Check the OOC for your XP awards, among other things.

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
"Well," Seigi says, looking

"Well," Seigi says, looking into the Gem past the bouncers, "this is certainly a cut and a half above some of the haunts I have come to be familiar with. What a meritorious change of lifestyle, to be certain ..."

The older gentleman straightens his lapels, checks his cuffs, and approaches the bouncers with a cheerful smile on his face. "Good day to you, sirs!" he says, all congeniality and charm - insofar as he possesses those qualities - and makes a series of flourishing hand gestures. "Might we beg entry into this fine establishment?"

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Tamara steps up behind

Tamara steps up behind Seigi, aiming generally to look like the man's personal pilot. She nods cursorily at the genasi, with an air that she expects herself and her patron to be let in.

 I'd probably like to buy something before we head to the Gem. I don't have time before I head to work to sift through my books, though, so I'll get back to you on that hopefully later tonight.

__________________

Pants of the North!

NeoTiamat's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-07-20
It was not every day that a

It was not every day that a group of a water genasi, a warforged, an elderly human, a human-looking girl, and what appeared to be a dwarf showed up outside of the Glowing Gem. It was, frankly, a joke in sore need of a punchline. They looked, in fact, like adventurers. Who, as many knew to their grief, were first-class troublemakers. The trio of fire genasi who had been handling most of the duties before exchanged glances, then as a group ceded this pack of potential problems to the fourth member of the crew.

The seeming-boss of the crew heaved a sigh, noted the page number of his book, and tucked it under his arm. The best word for the creature was... intimidating. One could see why he was a bouncer. Even a very inebriated troublemaker would have thoughts of mortality when being loomed over by a seven-and-a-half foot tall hyena-headed monstrosity with sharp claws, sharp teeth, and a sharp knife.

 "No begging." The creature's voice was gravelly, and not very far off from a snarl, with a peculiar accent. "Pay fee."

 "Cover fee twenty gold per person, pay Drachmir." The creature said slowly, as if reciting something drilled into it. The hyena-man poked a single, clawed thumb into his muscled chest, indicating that it was the selfsame Drachmir. He looked you over for another moment. "No. Thirty-five gold. Look like trouble."

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
"We're no trouble. Just

"We're no trouble. Just looking for a friend. Twenty."

__________________

Pants of the North!

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
The water genasi moves next

The water genasi moves next to Seigi and looks at the giant hyena with out fear, and pretends to be a bit unimpressed by its presence " Why should we be the exception and pay so much to enter this place? We have come here to do business with a friend and as my colleague stated, we mean no trouble"

NeoTiamat's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-07-20
"Course you

"Course you trouble-makers." The hyena-man looked down at Okeanos with a rather dismissive sniff. "You argue with Drachmir."

 "Only troublemakers argue with Drachmir. You argue with Drachmir, so you troublemakers." It was as neat a logical syllogism as any Guvner's, despite being coached in words from a lean, rangy monster. "So pay forty gold to Drachmir."

 It appeared that inflation was quite rampant in Aremshah.

 "What friend you look for?" Drachmir the hulking hyena-man asked, favoring Tamara with a golden-yellow eye. He smiled unpleasantly, revealing a jaw filled to the brim with sharp, pearly-white teeth. "Drachmir got lots friends, want trade?"

Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
"Oh dear," Seigi sighs,

"Oh dear," Seigi sighs, "but this is an imposition ... To think, I was planning to recommend this establishment be given a star just for its thorough security measures."

With a mild 'tsk', Seigi pulls a notebook and pencil from his pocket and makes a few notes. "Dear, oh dear ... I'm afraid the people from the Sigil Epicurians' Association will not be at all pleased with this news. Such a shame. The access is good, the ambience seems congenial from the outside, but such prices ... Dear, oh dear." The old gentleman makes another few notes, shaking his head all the time.

"Oh well, what must be, must be. But I am afraid that excessive cover charges simply will not draw the rich crowds once the notables' wandering season starts in Sigil, young man," he informs Drachmir with a serious, almost dour expression.

"Do you at least have good vintage wines? Our advance associate should have a full report on your menu by now, but sometimes the actual employees know of special things kept in reserve for special customers. If you have anything to embellish on the report by the associate we're looking for, it might compensate for the star you're likely to lose for the cover charge ... Yes, I might just barely be able to salvage some of this establishment's reputation with the Epicurians' Association if you have quality food and drink - oh, you do have a decent chef, don't you? There was this little restaurant in the City of Glass, horrible little place, but the cooking was simply to die for. Managed to plead its case with the Epicurians' Association, and they awarded it two stars. Best I could do for them, I'm afraid, but at least they managed to salvage some profits during tourist season."

Seigi looks at Drachmir expectantly, pencil poised to take more notes. If anyone cares to look at what he's written already, the words are: Sig. Epic. Ass. Field report, restaurant scouting re.: Sig. Epic. Ass. tourist arrangements. Pl.-o-A. 'Glowing Gem'. Access: good. Cover charges $$$? One 'Drachmir'. Food/drink?

(OOC: One Bluff check to the tune of 21 to convince Drachmir we're scouting out restaurants for a Sigil-based organization for rich foodies.)

NeoTiamat's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-07-20
Drachmir gave Seigi a long,

Drachmir gave Seigi a long, judging look. Chances were that no one in living memory had called the seven-foot tall gnoll "Young man", or at least no one who could still boast of continued possession of both lungs. The hyena-man turned the old man's words over in his mind for a bit, then came to a decision.

"Sorry." The gnoll grunted. "Thought you were 'dventurers. Cause trouble, them. Sorry."

The hyena-man stood up straighter, which had the unfortunate side-effect of making him loom even more over your heads. It was enough to give a man vertigo. The gnoll stepped towards the door and opened it for Seigi. Having decided to be helpful, he was helpful.

 "For Epicureans, no charge." The gnoll gave a close-mouthed smile, which was probably his idea of being friendly. No teeth, no scaring away customers. "Have dinner and show. Best dancer in house is Lady Lilac, she be on soon. Have fun."

Drachmir winked. It was horrible.

Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
"Why, thank you very much,

"Why, thank you very much, my good sir!" Seigi says with great enthusiasm. He makes a rather complex bow to the gnoll, then scribbles down some more notes. "I assure you that I shall do everything in my ability to ascertain the sound reputation of the Glowing Gem when the Epicureans' Association compiles this year's Almanac of Fine Dining across the Planes. And I will make sure to mention your stalwart attention to your task, as well as your vigilant watchfulness against troublemakers."

"Come, children," Seigi says to the rest of the party, "let us enter forthwith. The Association and countless soluble ladies and gentlemen of fine taste are depending on us to study every aspect of the Glowing Gem. Tallyho, everyone!" Having so spoken, Seigi strides into the Glowing Gem with his head held high and his notebook thrust out in front of himself.

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Coal strolls in

Normal
0

21

false
false
false

DA
JA
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Coal strolls in absentmindedly when the group sets into motion, having paid more attention to the trio of fire genasi at the door than the gnoll. He casts curious glances around the Glowing Gem and lingers thoughtfully at the many glass lanterns, standing on the edge of his toes to peek closer.

 

“Their flame is off… Not quite the way they were arranged in the vision… Oh, wait, I see it!”

 

The azer stops dead in his tracks underneath a lantern in the Gem where the candle has almost died down. As he stares, the candle-light flickers and goes out, then a moment later flares up again with renewed energy.

 

“Yes, dawn from within… We’re still on the path of lotus petals.”

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Tamara follows Seigi in,

Tamara follows Seigi in, having stayed quiet so as not to skew Seigi's act. She heads up to the bar and asks for a scintillating starfall before turning to look around for anyone matching Ghadir's description.

__________________

Pants of the North!

Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
The ruse seemed to have

The ruse seemed to have worked and despite the gnoll's ferocious look, he shaped up very quickly under pressure from the "Epicurean Society."  And so, you all made it inside without mishap.  Warm colors filled the Gem's interior and the dull roar of conversation greeted your ears as you passed through the threshold into the bar.  Nearly all of the patrons were genasi and their presence filled the room with a veritable array of colors.  At one table, a wiry, grey-skinned genasi dressed in a light grey vest and loose pants idly blew smoke rings into the air while two bare-chested, white-skinned genasi sat nearby.  They must've been ice genasi -- their appearances strongly resembled K'zink, but less drenched from ambient humidity and condensation.  Over there, a sandy brown-skinned genasi man dressed in azure robes cheerfully engaged a dark-skinned woman in conversation.  It seemed innocent enough until you noticed the twin shamshirs underneath the male genasi's outer robe.  A man of average build with vibrant indigo skin and a bright shock of red hair tended the bar.  A faint, warm blue glow seemed to cling to him even amid the light of the gemstone lanterns and his eyes glowed like red suns.  He served up the sparkling starfall with expert ease and soon Tamara found herself with a rich, dark drink that shimmered with motes of silvery light.  (DM's note: Cost is negligible, no need to mark it.)

Coal noticed during his scrutiny of the lamps that a couple of lanterns actually held pure quasi-elemental radiance rather than fire.  Most of these lamps were closer to or trained toward the stage that dominated the back half of the room.  A bit of applause fluttered through the room as the most recent act -- a band of earth genasi drummers -- made its exit.  The applause died down and the regular murmuring continued.  You all scanned the room, but weren't sure where to find Ghadir.  Different types of genasi were distinct enough that even in a room full of them, a body could pick one type from the other.  But of the relatively few water genasi in the bar right now, most were female.  Of the men, none of them looked like gatecrashers or well-lanned planewalkers, but who could really say?

As you perused the bar, the stage curtains raised and a new act was announced.

"And now, tonight's top performance, the lovely Lilac!"

Two air genasi men, dressed in little more than silken scarves and sashes that wrapped around them and floated in their wake like wind trails walked out on stage and knelt down, one on each end.  They each produced some kind of unusual woodwind instrument and began playing a sinuous, airy melody.  The sound of conversation quieted some as many patrons stopped to watch the new act.  Then, the star of the show emerged.

Put simply, she was utterly radiant, in every sense of the word.  She had rich, vivid purple skin and long hair, as bright and yellow as a Prime sun, tied into a high ponytail that cascaded down her back like a waterfall of light.  She wore layers of diaphanous clothing that shimmered and scintillated as it caught the light when she moved.  She danced and swayed with incredible, unearthly grace, such that she might be an angel.  When she shook her hips, tiny bells jingled in time with the air genasis' music.  You realized quickly why Drachmir said Lady Lilac was the best dancer in the house.  As you watched, you noticed the expert execution.  It wasn't just a pretty woman dancing, it was a carefully constructed display of color, light, and sound all embodied by Lilac's own music.

Perhaps this performance would be worth an extra star or two to the Sigil Epicurean Society.

All righty, there's no shortage of people to talk to here.  You can't talk to Lilac obviously since she's dancing.  But you can talk to the barkeep or pick a random genasi out of the crowd.  There're lots more than what I've listed here, including serving boys and girls of various types and colors.  So whoever you talk to, we'll work with it! Smiling

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
Seigi looks at the lovely

Seigi looks at the lovely Lilac for a few moments ... and smiles oddly, shaking his head. "Ah, well," he sighs. "Regrets are an old man's luxury." Humming in tune to the music, Seigi makes his way over to the bar and addresses the barkeep with a wide smile. "My good man," he says expansively, "I should like to order the finest meal on your menu, accompanied by your best wine. What can you recommend I try today, that will allow me to fully appreciate the peak of the Glowing Gem's capacity?"

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
Okeanos is flat out

Okeanos is flat out surprised that Seigi convinced the giant hound to let them enter and is now in real doubt if Seigi is or is not a member of the Epicureans' Association. Okeanos stops as well and enjoys the sight of Lady Lilac. He is completely dazzled for a moment by Lady Lilac's performance but then out of nowhere, the memory of the pain shooting through his body as the facets struck him the day before, reminded him at the task at hand and that many other people might be in danger. Determined to find Ghadir, a brother of water as himself, he stops the nearest waiter and say's in a friendly voice " I have 10 jinx in my pocket that might be yours cutter, if ya can tell me which water genasi here is named Ghadir. If ya don't know who that might be, then I suggest you will try to find out if ya still want the nice jinx to be in ya pocket "

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Absent-mindedly sipping

Absent-mindedly sipping from her drink, Tamara realises that none of these genasi look like Ghadir. One nearby, though, seems to call to her.

That one. He has the Void in him, too.

Inviting herself to a seat at his table, Tamara nods so as to indicate the whole bar.

"You know a fellow named Ghadir?"

OoC: Can I have a vacuum genasi to talk to? That would be cool, I think.

__________________

Pants of the North!

Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
"My good man," he says

"My good man," he says expansively, "I should like to order the finest meal on your menu, accompanied by your best wine. What can you recommend I try today, that will allow me to fully appreciate the peak of the Glowing Gem's capacity?"

The bright indigo-skinned man with red hair turned toward Seigi with a broad grin.  "A connoisseur, are you?" he asked cheerfully, "Well, I've got just the thing."  The barkeep made a call back to the kitchen and then pulled a bottle of white wine off the rack.  "Two gold for the meal," he said, "And twenty per glass of this."  He held the bottle so Seigi could see.  "Lifewine," the label read.  The liquid itself seemed to have a faint white radiance apart from the barkeeper's own bluish glow.  "Made on the Positive Energy Plane, it's one of the best spirits we've got.  Not many that come here can afford it, but it's a big deal when someone can."


Determined to find Ghadir, a brother of water as himself, he stops the nearest waiter and say's in a friendly voice " I have 10 jinx in my pocket that might be yours cutter, if ya can tell me which water genasi here is named Ghadir. If ya don't know who that might be, then I suggest you will try to find out if ya still want the nice jinx to be in ya pocket "

The waiter, a young, skinny smoke genasi male of about 16 years old eyed Okeanos's pocket eagerly.  He bit his lip, debating whether to lie or not, and finally decided, perhaps because of the sword and martial bearing his briber had.  "Ghadir's not here," he said, looking disappointed with the potential loss of ten whole jinx, "Ask the gnoll.  He should know where he went."


Inviting herself to a seat at his table, Tamara nods so as to indicate the whole bar.


"You know a fellow named Ghadir?"

The man Tamara sat down with looked up from his meal with wide, deep set dark eyes.  He looked her over in wonder as he set his fork down on his plate, then smiled broadly, akin to a child getting a treat.  He was thin, skinny enough to make a gith seem fat, and had an air of piqued interest about him.  Something flickered in his eyes as she asked about Ghadir, perhaps a little sadness that the conversation was not quite what he'd hoped. 

"I have heard of him," the vacuum genasi said with a voice that felt muted, despite his eagerness to talk with Tamara, "I have even seen him on occasion, but I do not know him.  I would like to.  They say he is a great traveler of the planes."

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
"A big deal, you say?"

"A big deal, you say?" Seigi says. "Well, I shall be the judge of that!"

The old man laughs heartily - and counts out eighty-two gold coins down on the counter between himself and the indigo-skinned man. "With the compliments of the Sigil Epicureans' Association!" Seigi says out loud, a hint of bravado in his voice. "Let the games begin, my good sir! Dazzle me with your finest, if you would! Your finest meal, and four glasses of this exceptional Lifewine!"

(OOC: Unless the other players want to try the Lifewine, I just might use it to loosen a few tongues around the Glowing Gem. We'll see what happens ...)

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
"Is he here

"Is he here tonight?"

Tamara glances around, as though the greatness which is Ghadir could have been hiding from her view this whole time.

"Or do you know someone who knows how to find him? When I'm done with my business I could offer an introduction. What's your name? What do you do? I'm sure that when I tell Ghadir of you he'll be interested in a meeting."

__________________

Pants of the North!

Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
"Let the games begin, my

"Let the games begin, my good sir! Dazzle me with your finest, if you would! Your finest meal, and four glasses of this exceptional Lifewine!"

The barkeep smirked and collected the coins.  "Of course, sir," he said graciously, as he poured Seigi's wine, "For you, only the best."


"Or do you know someone who knows how to find him? When I'm done with my business I could offer an introduction. What's your name? What do you do? I'm sure that when I tell Ghadir of you he'll be interested in a meeting."

"You would do that?" the vacuum genasi perked up.  Something about him seemed so innocent, so excitable, so genuine.  Of course, when one comes from a plane where literally nothing exists naturally, it is easy for one to become excited over something.  "My name is Terat, and I am...or I would like to be a planewalker like him."  There was a hint of hero-worship in Terat's voice, as though Ghadir were some kind of god.

"I haven't seen him, though," the young genasi continued, a bit sadly, "I haven't been here long, but he hasn't shown up.  If he's been here at all, the gnoll will know.  He has a good memory for everyone that comes and goes in this place.  Try asking him."

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
Okeanos nods to the waiter

Okeanos nods to the waiter " not good enough for the ten jinx mate, but here is something for the info " he quickly takes three gold coins and gives it to the young smoke genasi. Okeanos tells Coal, Formula and Seigi that he is going outside to speak with Drachmir, but not Tamara since she is in a full conversation with someone and doesn't want to interupt her. " I would appreciate it, if someone went along with me. Perhaps Coal and Formula?" he suggets and the water genasi strides outside to speak with the large hound again.

When outside he approaches the giant hyena with respect " I feel as if we got to a wrong start before Drachmir and there is no need to be rude to a fine basher as yourself. Let me introduce myself, I am Okeanos. As we stated before, me and my friends are here to do other business than reviewing the glowing gem. We are also looking for a friend, named Ghadir and I was told that you might posses such knowledge. If you share your knowledge with us, his whereabouts and how we can find him, then I will reward you with these " Okeanos flashes 15gp in his hand " Which is more than fair for such information, so tell me, what do you know? "      

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Center of All wrote:"You

Center of All wrote:
"You would do that?" the vacuum genasi perked up.  Something about him seemed so innocent, so excitable, so genuine.  Of course, when one comes from a plane where literally nothing exists naturally, it is easy for one to become excited over something.  "My name is Terat, and I am...or I would like to be a planewalker like him."  There was a hint of hero-worship in Terat's voice, as though Ghadir were some kind of god.

"I will. Space can always use another good 'jammer. But first-"

Tamara stands.

"-I have to find the fellow."

Tamara heads to the door, but pauses, just inside, when she sees Okeanos already conversing with the gnoll. Perhaps he can handle things here.

__________________

Pants of the North!

NeoTiamat's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-07-20
The gnoll had gone back to

The gnoll had gone back to his book when you had left, and now he looked marginally annoyed as the water genasi spoke to him. Then the annoyance faded, to be replaced by suspicion. The gnoll's brows narrowed, and he leaned in closer, looming over Okeanos like an avalanche of claws and muscle just waiting for someone to happen to.

 "Why..." Okeanos could feel the gnoll's hot breath on his forehead. "Does Sigil Epicurian's Association need gatecrasher? Want review cafe in Vacuum?"

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
Okeanos stands his ground

Okeanos stands his ground and is untouched by the gnolls behaviour " In a way you have already answered your own question. I am sorry to say that our business with Ghadir is a private one but what I can tell you is that we need his assistance. Now, I was under the impression that you might know where he is, was that assumption wrong and you do not know where he is at the moment? Anyway, time is money " and Okeanos takes one out the 15 gold pieces from his hand and into his pockets " and unfortunately for you, that means less jinx for the info "

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Atriden

Normal
0

21

false
false
false

DA
JA
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Atriden wrote:

Okeanos tells Coal, Formula and Seigi that he is going outside to speak with Drachmir, but not Tamara since she is in a full conversation with someone and doesn't want to interupt her. " I would appreciate it, if someone went along with me. Perhaps Coal and Formula?" he suggets and the water genasi strides outside to speak with the large hound again.

“Hmm? Oh! Certainly.” Coal snaps out of his enthrallment for Lady Lilac’s performance. The dancing flicker of radiance and light is all too familiar to the flaming majesty that he has been sorely missing.

 

NeoTiamat wrote:

The gnoll had gone back to his book when you had left, and now he looked marginally annoyed as the water genasi spoke to him. Then the annoyance faded, to be replaced by suspicion. The gnoll's brows narrowed, and he leaned in closer, looming over Okeanos like an avalanche of claws and muscle just waiting for someone to happen to.

 "Why..." Okeanos could feel the gnoll's hot breath on his forehead. "Does Sigil Epicurian's Association need gatecrasher? Want review cafe in Vacuum?"

Normal
0

21

false
false
false

DA
JA
X-NONE

 The azer clears his throat and looks up at the
huge gnoll with a warm forthcoming smile.



 



“What the
kid here is trying to say, sir, is that the next stop on our review schedule is
of a highly sensitive and time-constrained nature. As a fine well-read man like
you are a perfect example of, the best establishments a burg has to offer are
also rarely readily accessible, you see. This bistro for which the Sigil
Epicurian’s Association has been petitioned to visit is one located in a fairly
secluded demi-plane, to give its customers a sense of exclusiveness and privacy
from commoners.”



 



“Thus our
need to connect with a planewalker the likes of Ghadir, sir – and I place my
trust in your capable hands. Oh, I’ll let you in
on a little secret, as well…”



 



Coal looks
around with an air of caution, and then beckons the gnoll closer before he
continues in a hushed voice. A dim fiery trace of arcane power pulses
momentarily in his eyes.



 



“This
renowned restaurant is known to provide the most remarkable gastronomical
sensations this side of the Inner Planes. They’re always on the lookout for
capable staff, be it gourmet chefs to man the kitchen or educated security
personnel such as yourself. If you could help us get hold of Ghadir I could put
in a good word for you at the bistro, in case you develop future career plans
that involve expanding your working experience to a well-paid position with
immensely delicious treats.”



 



[Coal uses Splendor of the Phoenix (aka Beguiling Tongue)] 

14 Bonus for Bluff to do
I rolled 1d20+14, the result is 20.
NeoTiamat's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-07-20
Atriden wrote:Okeanos

Atriden wrote:
Okeanos stands his ground and is untouched by the gnolls behaviour " In a way you have already answered your own question. I am sorry to say that our business with Ghadir is a private one but what I can tell you is that we need his assistance. Now, I was under the impression that you might know where he is, was that assumption wrong and you do not know where he is at the moment? Anyway, time is money " and Okeanos takes one out the 15 gold pieces from his hand and into his pockets " and unfortunately for you, that means less jinx for the info "

It would occur to an outside observer that Okeanos was very lucky that the gnoll's first reaction was one of shock, otherwise it was likely that the water genasi would've learned a great deal more about flying through windows than he would've expected when he first arrived at the Glowing Gem. As it was, by the time that Drachmir's nostrils flared and his ears flattened themselves against his skull, the azer was there to smooth things over and prevent any water genasi from becoming bouncing genasi.

Drachmir listened to Coal's explanation with furrowed brows, showing little emotion as the ex-Azer kept talking. Still, his ears weren't pressed back and his hackles weren't raised. When Coal was done, the gnoll merely looked at Coal, then at Okeanos, then at Coal again.

 "Secret demiplane. With bistro. Job with treats." Drachmir said heavily. "Drachmir like old human's story better."

 "Drachmir know where to find Ghadir. Other people want find Ghadir and be hurting him badly. Drachmir know where to find them too." The gnoll continued, mangling his syntax something dreadful. "But you want Drachmir to tell, and not to be hurting you badly, you pay Drachmir. You pay Drachmir lot."

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
Okeanos takes a step back

Okeanos takes a step back and considers his options, he then looks at Coal and Tamara and decides it is best to go with the flow " All right Drachmir, here is 100 jinx " and he presents a small pouch of money " this is fair, Yes? " Okeanos exchanges looks with the his group and say's " Would one of you please go get the rest of our team and make it quick, if Ghadir is in danger we must hurry "

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Tamara nods and heads back

Tamara nods and heads back into the bar to collect the others.

"Ghadir's in trouble. We're getting his location."

With a gesture towards the door, she heads back over to stand near Okeanos.

__________________

Pants of the North!

Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
Seigi, who was just sitting

Seigi, who was just sitting down to a rather nice dinner, looks up in mild annoyance and sighs. "I don't suppose you could make that all to go, good sir?" he asks the barman, his tone of voice weary and resigned. "It would seem the young ones are eager to move on, pity my old bones ..."

NeoTiamat's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2007-07-20
Drachmir grinned broadly.

Drachmir grinned broadly. It wasn't really a nice grin, but more of a dear god would you look at the size of those teeth kind of grin.  Toothsome would be the word. The gnoll snatched the money pouch from the water-genasi's hand and hefted it in one clawed hand, guessing at the weight of the contents. The gnoll opened it, glancing at the coins inside, and then as a final test withdrew one and bit it.

 It was a silver coin, but you could still see the toothmarks of the gnoll's jaw.

"This good." Drachmir agreed, suddenly becoming markedly more amiable. "Ghadir, went down the Street of Drowning Whispers, ten minutes before you came. Looked in hurry. Soon after, mob of genasi went after him, led by Sharish the Chain. Mercenary. Mean basher. Drachmir not get involved."

 The gnoll pointed down one of the side-streets beside the Glowing Gem. "Street of Drowning Whispers that way."

 "Should find Ghadir there. Or remnants of Ghadir, any rate." The gnoll placed the pouch into a pocket and opened his book again. You noticed the title. From Gate to Gate: Archmage Marius Corvus's Journey from Jovar to Nessus, as recorded by his apprentice Lucius Falco. A few moments later, Drachmir looked up from the book, the expression on his face being quite patently a look of why are you still here bothering me?

"Good luck." Drachmir's voice suddenly changed, dropping the 'dumb gnoll' tonalities to become something more cultured, elegant, with just a trace of an exotic accent. "Sharish is expensive and good at his job. If you're going to be making an enemy of someone who can hire him... you'll need all the luck you can get."

Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
"Well, thank you very much,"

"Well, thank you very much," Seigi says, and gives Drachmir a jaunty little salute. "And I may very well be back to test the quality of the Glowing Gem when I have time to actually sit down and eat." Without further ado, the old man starts to hobble down the Street of Drowning Whispers as quickly as he can, hands already fumbling at the hilt of his sword.

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
Okeanos makes a wry smile

Okeanos makes a wry smile when he see's what Drachmir is reading. " Interesting " he say's before running after Seigi at full speed

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Tamara follows, retrieving

Tamara follows, retrieving her rod from her belt. Better to be prepared. Better not to lose control if something happens.

__________________

Pants of the North!

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Despite the complete

Normal
0

21

false
false
false

DA
JA
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Despite the complete ineffectiveness of his story (aside from saving Okeanos’ face from being bitten off), Coal nods politely to Drachmir before following his companions.

 

He keeps his trusted avian rod in one hand in anticipation of trouble, and then draws his newly acquired supplementary rod with the other.

Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Seigi, who was just

Seigi,
who was just sitting down to a rather nice dinner, looks up in mild
annoyance and sighs. "I don't suppose you could make that all to go,
good sir?" he asks the barman, his tone of voice weary and resigned.
"It would seem the young ones are eager to move on, pity my old bones
..."

 "Er...sure thing," the radiant, blue genasi clapped his hands and in a flash, the food was boxed up and the wine poured into bottles and presented to Seigi in a nice little package.  And with that, the party ran off toward the Street of Drowning Whispers.

The Street of Drowning Whispers looked much like most of the other streets in the more unpleasant parts of Aremshah.  Not nearly as bad as the Hive, but not pleasant, either.  Some dilapidated buildings lined the road and the street was in need of repair.  It didn't take long to get far enough down the street to see what was going on.



A water genasi was backed up against the wall of the narrow street, surrounded by fire genasi thugs.  A purple-skinned man with bright white hair that spiked like he'd been struck by lightning stood back a bit.  A wicked spiked chain hung limply in his hands and electricity coursed across his skin.  



It looked like you'd made it just in time to get involved -- Now you had to hope you weren't too late to stop it.



Fight Conditions: Protect Ghadir! If he dies, you lose a major source of information on the portals.  Sorry for yet ANOTHER alley fight.  I promise the next one will be more interesting Smiling



Image



 

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
Okeanos yells " Ghadir! "

Okeanos yells " Ghadir! " and he runs towards the band of thugs. Suddenly, when he is close, his form changes to what seems to be water elemental and swiftly moves past the fire Genasi's turning into himself again in front of Ghadir, now warding him from his enemies " We are here to help! Get behind my friends if ya can! "

Actions:

Move Action: moves to 13,G

Standard Action: Uses Swift Current and moves to 9,F

Minor Action: draws his sword

Note to DM: If S( the lightning Genasi) Attacks Okeanos and hits, he will use Frost Backslash as an immiediate Interrupt. I am rolling for the attack in advance just in case. I forgot to note the attack is against ref.and if he doesn't attack him, and one of his goons does and hits, he uses this attack against that goon.

OCC:

I am not sure if it helps that I jump right in the middle of the battle, but if he is so important it will be worth it. Lets kick some genasi arse !

11 Bonus for Frost Backslash to do retaliate an attack from their leader, if he attacks him
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 18.
6 Bonus for Frost Backslash to do damage their leader, miss half damage
I rolled 3d8+6, the result is 25.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Coal strides ahead at

Normal
0

21

false
false
false

DA
JA
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Coal strides ahead at speed, eyes smouldering eagerly to unleash the inferno within him. This frequency with which he found himself thrust into conflict would have baffled his peers at the Bronzepeak Academy, but then none of them would ever truly understand without the visions.

 

Even with his focus on the present, his thoughts lingered on an earlier realization: Drachmir had been a sign, a reflection. A student, perhaps even a scholar like himself, appearing as less than he is and fixed on an unexpected path that would time and again be crossed with violence.

 

The arrangement of fire genasi was the defining insight, however. Their pattern was exactly as the lantern lights of the Glowing Gem – this was no coincidence.

 

“Dusk be on any who threatens this man! The Rekindler has foreseen him guide the path of lotus petals!”

 

[Coal moves to G15, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk until end of next turn. He curses T1 and readies Eldritch Blast at the first foe to take a step towards or threaten Ghadir (preferably T1).]

Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
Seigi quickly pulls out his

Seigi quickly pulls out his sling, loads a bullet, whirls the weapon around twice and lets it fly in the direction of the lightning genasi. It flies wide. Very wide. Seigi bites back the urge to curse, and instead shouts: "Best be on your way! The next one won't be a warning!" The old man grimaces, acutely aware that this was not his best lie ever ...

(OOC: Ranged attack roll with Walking Wounded - 9. Attempted Bluff check - 10. Yeah, I'm really on a roll today.)

 

 

Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Okeanos moves into the

Okeanos moves into the Thick of Things. Coal steps up, curses T1 and blasts T1 when he attacks Ghadir. Gains concealment. Seigi attempts to shoot Sharish and misses. Ghadir steps away and stabs at T1 for 16 damage.

T1 attacks Ghadir, hits for 15 damage. T2, T3, and T4 surround Okeanos and attack with their axes.  One hits, dealing 5 damage. Sharish charges Coal and uses Cometfall Charge.  Hits for 12 damage and marks Coal.

The battle was joined.  Ghadir seemed eager for any aid he could get and as soon as Okeanos moved in, the gatecrasher attempted to escape.  Unfortunately, when one was surrounded by thugs, it was difficult to escape, even with help.  So he did the next best thing.  Drawing a knife with a curved blade, he slipped up to the thug closest to you and deftly shived the man in the back.

"Take care of the blueskins," Sharish snapped, "I'll kill these berks!"  He swung his chain around and charged at Coal.  The spikes slammed into Coal, catching the dwarf across the side.  That was due to leave a nasty bruise.  With a crazed, chain-wielding lightning genasi running around, this melee could get nasty.

On the other hand, Okeanos seemed to be having a fair time.  Of the thugs that surrounded him, only one hit and that one's axe barely nicked him.

Okeanos: 56/56 Seigi: 51/51 Coal: 37/52, Concealment, Marked by Sharish Tamara: 49/49

Ghadir: 29/44

T1: -16, Cursed T2: T3: T4: Sharish:

Battle Objective: Save Ghadir!

Coal, you may go ahead and roll your readied attack in your next post.  In the future, when using a readied action, go ahead and roll it in advance! Smiling

As an aside, I'll be extending the posting window to 48 hours or until everyone has posted, whichever comes first.

Image

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
The water genasi carefully

The water genasi carefully moves next to Ghadir. He swings his sword and points it at the fire genasi that attacked Ghadir and yell's " You " and a lightning shoots from his sword striking the fire genasi, pulling it away from Ghadir against it's will. " I got your back brother "

Actions:

Move action: Okeanos shifts to 10, E

Standard Action: Attacks T1 with lightning lure and if it hits, he pulls it to the nearest open sq. next to Okeanos, which is 10F

Minor Action: Marks T1, so if he attempts to attack ghadir and hits, the damage is reduced by 8hp and he has a -2 penalty to hit him because he is marked.

OCC:

I think you missed some of my actions. I wanted to use Frost backslash if I got hit by an enemy like I noted in my note to you Smiling. So the fire genasi who hit me got 25 damage ( if I hit it with ref 18) or 12 damage if I missed. And I believe I am at 51hp, since I got hit for 5 damage.

8 Bonus for Lightning lure, atk against fort. to do attack T1
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 25.
6 Bonus for Lightning to do damage T1
I rolled 1d6+6, the result is 7.
Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
"If at first you do not

"If at first you do not succeed," Seigi mutters as he sidesteps and draws a fresh bead on the lightning genasi, "try, try again." And, true to his word, Seigi lets fly with another sling bullet. "And again, apparently," he sighs as the bullet completely misses its mark.

(OOC: Moving to G19 and making a ranged attack on the lightning genasi at G13 with easy target for 13. Miss.)

Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
Coal releases a burst of

Coal releases a burst of searing energy at one the genasi's moving in on Ghadir, but is caught off guard by Sharish' chain landing a solid blow.

 

The azer in turn calls down the wrath of the Rekindler on Sharish and beckons his life energy to flow to him.

 

[The readied Eldritch Blast hits Reflex 28 and deals 17 damage (the attack roll includes +1 from Prime Shot which applied at the time.)

 

Coal curses Sharish, casts Vitality Re-Ignition (Vampiric Grasp) on him, hitting Will 18 and dealing 21 damage while gaining 8 temp hp. He then moves to H18, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk.

EDIT: Actually, Prime Shot also applies to the attack against Sharish so that hits Will 19.]

9 Bonus for Eldritch Blast vs Ref to do
I rolled 1d20+9, the result is 28.
6 Bonus for Eldritch Blast damage to do
I rolled 1d10+6, the result is 15.
0 Bonus for Curse damage to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 2.
8 Bonus for Vampiric Grasp vs Will to do
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 18.
6 Bonus for Vampiric Grasp damage to do damage Sharish and gain 8 temp hp
I rolled 2d8+6, the result is 16.
0 Bonus for Curse damage to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 5.
Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Tamara steps forward and

Tamara steps forward and levels her rod at Sharish. No projectile comes forth, and Tamara looks somewhat consternated for a moment. Then the ground beneath Sharish explodes in a flailing of pale, reptilian limbs that grasp and swing wildly, leaving a faint moon-white ichor on anything they touch.

Tamara moves forward to H17, curses Sharish, and uses Fury of Gibbeth on him. If it hits, he must make an Acrobatics check (DC 15) or fall prone. He will have to make the check at the beginning of every turn (same DC and consequences) until he fights off the flailing arm-beast with a successful saving throw. If it misses he still takes half damage, and the Acrobatics or fall prone is just at the time of attack, failing to continue into successive rounds.

8 Bonus for Fury of Gibbeth to do hit Sharish, vs. Reflex
I rolled 1d20+8, the result is 14.
2 Bonus for Fury of Gibbeth to do damage
I rolled 3d10+2, the result is 21.
0 Bonus for curse damage to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 2.
__________________

Pants of the North!

Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Okeanos uses Lightning Lure

Okeanos uses Lightning Lure on T1 and pulls him in, then deals 7 damage.  Frost backlash misses! Seigi attacks and misses. Coal hits T1 with his readied action for 17, then misses Sharish, gains 5 temp hp as T1 goes bloodied. Tamara attacks with Fury of Gibbeth and misses, 13 damage.  Sharish has a very unlucky roll and falls.  Too bad, too, because he has Acrobatics.

Ghadir attacks T1 with Confounding Attack and hits for 11.  T1 is forced to attack T2, hits for 5 damage + Sneak Attack for 16, 21 total.



T1, T3, T4 attack Okeanos and all miss.
T2 attempts to attack Ghadir and misses.
Sharish stands up and charges Tamara for 13.



Ghadir certainly didn't need to be told twice.  While Okeanos dealt with the little group of thugs, the gatecrasher bounded back -- but not before taking the opportunity to stab one of the thugs that had been harassing him.



Sharish, meanwhile, climbed back to his feet after being knocked over by...whatever Tamara did.  Lightning coursed over his body and he grinned.  With psychopathic glee, he charged, the girl, swinging his chain overhead and bringing it down at her.  Metal hit flesh and blood splattered as it made connected with Tamara.



Okeanos: 56/56
Seigi: 51/51
Coal: 37/52, Concealment, Marked by Sharish, 5 temp hp
Tamara: 36/49, Concealment



Ghadir: 29/44



T1: -51, bloodied, Cursed, marked (Okeanos)
T2: -21
T3:
T4:
Sharish: -13, Cursed (Tamara), Cursed (Coal)



Battle Objective: Save Ghadir!



Image

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Atriden's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-06
A sudden cold comes

A sudden cold comes creeping out of nowhere and surrounds Okeanos' sword. Has he strikes at one the fire genasis a weak blast of cold explodes from the sword; but Okeanos worries if it had any affect at all. He  moves to a better position hoping that he will be able to hold the goons away. 

Actions:

Standard Action: Uses Deep Freeze against T4. All enemies that start their turn or move into the cold aura surrounding T4, get 1d10 cold damage.

Move Action: Shifts to 11, F

Minor Action: Pulls forth a healing potion

OOC: I will try to keep them at bay but, it seems like an impossible assignment and I really hope that I hit with my Deep Freeze, otherwise I just wasted my other daily power Sad

11 Bonus for Atk vs. Fort, cold damage to do hit T4 with deep freeze
I rolled 1d20+11, the result is 17.
6 Bonus for cold to do damage T4
I rolled 2d8+6, the result is 12.
0 Bonus for Cold Aura to do damage enemies surounding T4
I rolled 1d10+0, the result is 1.
Dunamin's picture
Offline
Factor
Joined: 2006-06-13
As the first crook

Normal
0

21

false
false
false

DA
JA
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

As the first crook weakens in resolve, a flaming spark ignites at the tip of Coal’s avian rod and then springs to connect with his other more recent crooked rod. A sizzling connection dances between the two cylinders before it goes out with a flash, and the entire ensemble of hostile genasi feel the wrath of some otherworldly force upon them.

 

“Dusk shall claim you all before the petals fall!”

 

[Upon T1 becoming bloodied, rather than gain pact boon Coal uses the property of his new Rod of Corruption to curse all foes.

 

Though his call for Sharish’ lifeforce is rejected, the Blazing Lotus accepts Coal’s sacrifice for another chance.

 

[As Vampiric Grasp misses, Coal uses Sacrifice to Caiphon feat to pay hp to retain the power]

 

The azer steadies himself, circles around beyond the reach of Sharish’ deadly chain in a haze of heat, and once more summons a dark vision of flameless doom to capture the majority of the crooks.

 

[Coal uses Second Wind, moves to E17 to gain concealment, and casts Snuff Out the Lifeflame (Hunger of Hadar) centered on T2. That and all adjacent squares now block line of sight, and creatures that enter or start their turn in the zone take 2d10+1 necrotic damage.

 

In summary, Coal should have 49 hp and no temp hp (-1 from feat, +13 from Second Wind)]

1 Bonus for Hunger of Hadar primary damage to do
I rolled 2d10+1, the result is 15.
Rock's picture
Offline
Namer
Joined: 2009-01-14
"Curses!" Seigi spits, and

"Curses!" Seigi spits, and switches his sling for his shortsword. "Get off her, you impure bastard!" With a roar, the old man charges the lightning Genasi and attempts to skewer him with his blade. Alas, a pebble shifts under his foot just before he gets to the target, and his swing goes embarrassingly wild ... "Curses!" Seigi yells, frustrated.

(OOC: An attack roll with a Topple Over ... Completely wasted. -.- The dice roller gave me a 15. I'm not making this stuff up, three misses in a row ....)

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Tamara staggers back,

Tamara staggers back, surprised at the blow from the lightning genasi. As she steps back a void seems to open between her and Sharish, cloaking him in shadow before the darkness once again recedes to its home between the planes.

Tamara steps back to H18 and uses Frigid Darkness on Sharish. If it hits he will grant combat advantage to all his enemies and be -2 to AC until the end of my next turn.

7 Bonus for frigid darkness to do hit Sharish, vs. Fort
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 21.
3 Bonus for cold damage to do
I rolled 2d8+3, the result is 10.
0 Bonus for curse damage to do
I rolled 1d6+0, the result is 1.
__________________

Pants of the North!

Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Okeanos hits T4 with Deep

Okeanos hits T4 with Deep Freeze for 12 damage and deals 1 damage to all other T's Coal uses Hunger of Hadar to block line of sight and deal 15 damage to T1, T2, and T4. Seigi misses with his attack. Tamara misses Sharish.

Ghadir delays.

Sharish uses Come and Get It to pull Seigi, Tamara, and Coal into melee range.  Hits Tamara and Coal for 15 damage. T1, T2, and T4 seem confused and step out of the darkness, but take 15 more damage from the spell. T3 moves forward.

Ghadir sneaks up behind Sharish and stabs him for 23 damage.

Sharish laughed as he waded into the fray.  He shrugged off Seigi's and Tamara's attacks and grinned.  The large chain shot out with blinding speed and caught Seigi, Coal, and Tamara and pulled them in close.  "Well now," he grinned, a psychotic gleam in his eye, "What have we here?" 

Ghadir saw his opening, then, and scampered away from the dark shadows.  Sharish growled in annoyance as the water genasi's knife found his backside.

Meanwhile, two of the thugs fell to the ground with a thud thanks to Okeanos's and Coal's magic.  Sharish frowned and glanced back toward the shadows.  "This isn't any fun anymore," he grumbled and began moving to retreat.

Okeanos: 56/56 Seigi: 51/51 Coal: 34/52, Concealment, Marked by Sharish, 5 temp hp Tamara: 21/49, bloodied

Ghadir: 29/44

T1: dead T2: dead T3: -1, Cursed (Coal) T4: -42, bloodied, Cursed (Coal) Sharish: -23, Cursed (Tamara), Cursed (Coal)

Battle Objective: Save Ghadir!

Sorry for the lack of map right now.  I had it ready but in my haste, I forgot to upload it so I could update at work.  I will post the map after I get off in about 5 hours or so.

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Center of All's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
(No subject)

Image

__________________

http://kaitou-kage.deviantart.com/ -- My deviantART gallery

http://www.planescapemetamorphosis.com/ -- Planescape: Metamorphosis, a Planescape webcomic in the works

Bob the Efreet's picture
Offline
factotums
Joined: 2004-05-11
Tamara steps back again,

Tamara steps back again, this time taking cover behind Seigi. After pausing for a moment to catch her breath, she speaks. Her words are not intelligible, though Seigi gets an impression of dread chill from them. Sharish, however, is the target of Tamara's speech, and subject to the full impact of her statement, revealing to him horrid truths about the fate of the multiverse.

Tamara shifts back to G18, uses her second wind to recover 12 hp (and gain a +2 to all defences for one turn), and spends an action point to use Dreadful Word on Sharish. If it hits, Sharish is -3 to Will defence until the end of Tamara's next turn. Also, if it hits Tamara will activate her Mercurial Rod to deal extra curse damage and Sharish will no longer be cursed.

7 Bonus for Dreadful Word to do hit Sharish, vs. Will
I rolled 1d20+7, the result is 24.
3 Bonus for psychic damage to do
I rolled 2d8+3, the result is 13.
0 Bonus for curse damage to do
I rolled 3d6+0, the result is 16.
__________________

Pants of the North!

Planescape, Dungeons & Dragons, their logos, Wizards of the Coast, and the Wizards of the Coast logo are ©2008, Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro Inc. and used with permission.